Thaksin In Town?

ianf

There are some very strong rumours that Thaksin was in Chiang Mai last week. This is entirely possible as he, and his family, consider themselves to be well above the law and there are enough sycophants here to protect him. Anyone else heard about this?

The source ? From a friend's friend's relative's friend ???

What purpose does it serve Mr T to come back secretly ? He misses the food ? The weather ? Something that needs his signature ?

You said it already , a Rumour , be it strong or not , just a rumour.

I am surpised this has not been NUKED YET by Admin

What a stupid Post and based on no evidence at all

I nominate for the dumbest post of the year so far

Actually the responses may fit your assessment, Diamong King, but the original intent does not. I was with some Thai people on Wednesday evening who were over-excited about the fact that Thaksin had been in town. As far as I was concerned this was just silly rumour, so I tested it here. Apparently, they were aware of some extra security at the airport and that a private plane had flown in. The occupants were whisked out via the Wing 41 facility. A limited number of police were on standby. One of those was a relative of the Thai people I was with. And that is the extent of my knowledge. It may be all ultra-fantasy, but given the Shinawatra disposition towards lying and cheating, I guess the story may not be so far fetched and in the spirit of free speech well worth airing here. Sadly Thai visa does attract it's fair share of morons, hence the kind of crazy responses offered. On the other hand, if it lightens the day, then no harm done!

Edited by ianf
  • Like 2

True we were having lunch together....

Is Thaksin really as charming as he seems to be? People don't get to his position without being charming and charismatic. Canada had a prime minister who was the same... Pierre Eliot Trudeau.

Is Thaksin really as charming as he seems to be? People don't get to his position without being charming and charismatic. Canada had a prime minister who was the same... Pierre Eliot Trudeau.

A friend met Thaksin in Dubai. He said hello and asked to have his picture taken with Khun Thaksin. He now has the photo on his cell phone which I can verify because he showed it to me. According to my friend Thaksin was very friendly and quite charming.

There are suggestions he is in the area.

Thaksin Sinawatra visits Dawei deep-sea port in Myanmar | Bangkok Post: breakingnews

Thaksin visits Dawei

Deposed former Prime Minister Thaksin Shinawatra visited Dawei in Myanmar on Thursday, reportedly to inspect the progress of the Dawei deep-sea port project.

A report by Myanmar-based Eleven Media said that Mr Thaksin and his entourage were welcomed by project development committee members at Dawei Airport yesterday morning after flying in by private jet from Yangon

john

Or the BKK rumor is Yaowapa aunty or ?

Actually the responses may fit your assessment, Diamong King, but the original intent does not. I was with some Thai people on Wednesday evening who were over-excited about the fact that Thaksin had been in town. As far as I was concerned this was just silly rumour, so I tested it here. Apparently, they were aware of some extra security at the airport and that a private plane had flown in. The occupants were whisked out via the Wing 41 facility. A limited number of police were on standby. One of those was a relative of the Thai people I was with. And that is the extent of my knowledge. It may be all ultra-fantasy, but given the Shinawatra disposition towards lying and cheating, I guess the story may not be so far fetched and in the spirit of free speech well worth airing here. Sadly Thai visa does attract it's fair share of morons, hence the kind of crazy responses offered. On the other hand, if it lightens the day, then no harm done!

I think one would have to be a little naive and maybe even borderline moronic to believe your Thai friends would be privy to such sensitive information. :-)

Well I am no expert on the subject but isn't that the same kind of arrival a member of the Royal family would receive.

I some how find Thaksin returning to Chiang Mai amusing as the last scheduled visit any where near to it was canceled in Tachalot Burma for fear of assassination. Lets face it a guard all around him would not stop a sniper and while it is true Thaksin is far from the sharpest knife in the drawer (with his money he doesn't have to be) he is not the dullest one in the drawer.

If he is here I side with CMNightRider On the other hand he may be in drag and working in Chiang Mai immigration gathering information for his triumphed return as a clone to another sister.

Edited by hellodolly

A friend met Thaksin in Dubai. He said hello and asked to have his picture taken with Khun Thaksin. He now has the photo on his cell phone which I can verify because he showed it to me. According to my friend Thaksin was very friendly and quite charming.

So was Hitler. Acording to a Friend.w00t.gif

Mr Thaksin more than likely was in town, family matters

Yaowapa will be contesting the upcoming Chiang Mai Govt By-Election

Search Chiang Mai By Election on the I dare say it..umm BKK post.

There is VERY STRONG rumors that DB COOPER has been spotted in Chiang Mai

Talking to some very credible drunks in the Bar last night they assure me he is enjoying the sites of Chiang Mai

Who else have you heard rumors is in town

Edited by DiamondKing

Any sensible answers?

Any sensible questions?

I guess it's a good thing this forum doesn't have a 'sensible questions and answers' filter. I'd have zero posts.

PS: Thaksin's in Chiang Rai, setting fires.

Edited by rijb

Don't you EVER attempt to compare Trudeau with Thaksin; that would be like comparing Jean-Clause Van Damme with Adolph Hitler ! ! ! !

Trudeau was a 'colorful' & 'charismatic' and very popular Canadian PM; who never who NEVER ordered the ex-judicial killing of 3,200 citizens "suspected" of being involved in the drugs-trade ! ! !

I find this statement highly offensive to Canada and Canadians !

Please wash your mouth out with soap L.O.L.

1zgarz5.gif

• Like 1