2013 Honda Vfr 1200F

SumetCycle

• Replies 93
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

this is becoming a bit regular congratulations on yet another new machine,you was talking about they offered you trade in for your cbr just wondering if you took their offer and do you know what will happen to the cbr ,will they sell it 2nd hand in their shop or off load it somewhere else just curious thats all

wow, brian, that is great man, i will come to your shop once you receive it and i am sure you will go to the motor show with it?

it is a dream touring bike of mine Brian, cannot imagine the pulling power of 1200 cc v foursmile.png from 1500 RPM.

happy rides with it and keep the distance.

this is becoming a bit regular congratulations on yet another new machine,you was talking about they offered you trade in for your cbr just wondering if you took their offer and do you know what will happen to the cbr ,will they sell it 2nd hand in their shop or off load it somewhere else just curious thats all

I heard that they may use them as rental bikes. I guess it will give people a chance for a proper test ride before they buy. They said 650,000 at first, but then some higher up changed it to 600,000. I managed to get 625,000 for the bike in stock form though. I can probably get another 30,000 for all the after market stuff I installed. I also get 25,000 off of the price of the VFR, as this is my second Big Wing Bike.

wow, brian, that is great man, i will come to your shop once you receive it and i am sure you will go to the motor show with it?

it is a dream touring bike of mine Brian, cannot imagine the pulling power of 1200 cc v foursmile.png from 1500 RPM.

happy rides with it and keep the distance.

It should be here at the shop tomorrow afternoon and I'll be taking it to the motor show for sure. I can't wait to ride it. It has even better acceleration than the CBR 1000. Tops out at only 250km/h though. 555

• Like 1

I heard that they may use them as rental bikes. I guess it will give people a chance for a proper test ride before they buy. They said 650,000 at first, but then some higher up changed it to 600,000. I managed to get 625,000 for the bike in stock form though. I can probably get another 30,000 for all the after market stuff I installed. I also get 25,000 off of the price of the VFR, as this is my second Big Wing Bike.

I am envious for your new bike brian, do not forget to visit the temple for blessing.

do they still keep your cbr1000? 600 k is not bad but it is Japanese spec tops out at 190 kmh but you solved that problem i remembered by some aftermarket parts, right?

I am envious for your new bike brian, do not forget to visit the temple for blessing.

do they still keep your cbr1000? 600 k is not bad but it is Japanese spec tops out at 190 kmh but you solved that problem i remembered by some aftermarket parts, right?

Thanks, 625 k actually. I can live with that sale price. A friend of mine who has a Japanese spec is going to buy all of my extras and derestrict his.

I heard that they may use them as rental bikes. I guess it will give people a chance for a proper test ride before they buy.

I just had a mental image of CBR1000's turning up at track days laugh.png

Imagine the look on the renters face when they see the tires when they come back yet the guy only racked up

1-200km

It's an interesting bike. When if first came out Jeffery Honda, not far from where I lived in Oz, rang me to say come and have a test ride. When I got there I though it to be technically interesting but visually unappealing. Then I saw one again at the Bug Wing opening in Pattaya and thought it is still technically interesting, and in all black some may consider it to be an attractive bike.

I take my hat off to Brian or anyone else who buys one. smile.png

It was touted as the panacea for all the woos of the ST, but a lot of the ST owners in Oz, including myself, weren't ready for it. So, we put up with the heavier than most bikes steering, slow in the twisties handling, slightly better than average brakes and 25 year old technology.

We loved our ST's so much we ignored the bad stuff! If I had of stayed in Oz I would have bought another one just for touring and modded the old one for around the city.

But with a bigger screen, some Zenon HID spotties, a top box and some hard bags on the side....and a rider and pillion backrest it could be the best bike for touring Thailand.

Lets wait a while for Brian to confirm or deny that.

That business side of the swingarm looks hyper sanitary all closed up like that.

Congrats on the new ride.

Your like a kid in a candy shop smile.png

I once managed a Suzuki shop in the US for a couple of years

and was the same way ;)

Edited by mania
  • Like 1

Do you have to drop the revs before you push the button to change gear then or you just push the button no matter the revs,that must feel so strange as jonny f says I can't imagine riding a bike with no clutch or gear lever

I believe you just hit the button. I actually kept in auto yesterday. I still need to do some experimentation with the manual mode. It is strange not having a gear and clutch lever. More than one way to skin a cat, I guess. I imagine shifts will be faster and smoother with this DCT system. Here is a video that explains how it works.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=didcKpf12VA

Edited by SumetCycle