The Secret To A Thai Womens Family (The In-Laws)...

Chittychangchang

Come on guys you know its an expression that is used getting in a girls pants, even I as a non native speaker knows that. biggrin.png

-

Taking the piss.

Not actually arguing about anything of substance, just having fun with word games.

yeah we know robblok..just having a joke with you

That is what i figured but was not 100% sure as sayings might vary per country and such. Anyway i can take a joke.

• Replies 83
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

The text in Post #1 has been copied in its (near) entirety from Miss Cassandra James 2009 Yahoo! Voices article which contains the notice:

Copyright © 2013 Yahoo! Inc. All rights reserved. | Yahoo! Shine and Lifestyles Network.

From Forum Rule 22: Not to post any copyrighted material except as fair use laws apply (as in the case of news articles).

Report it then. No point in masquerading as a mod is there?

OP: When copying and pasting (plagiarising) another person's writing/article in its entirety, it would be at least polite to identify the source

Or are you Cassandra?

Cassandra James, August 12 2009: How to Get a Thai Girl's Family to Like You

Cassandra James

I m a British-American writer currently living in Bangkok, Thailand. I ve been writing for Associated Content since 2007 and was named one of AC s Top 100 Writers for 2008, 2009, 2010 and 2011. I primarily write about travel, teaching EFL overseas, and alternative health. My work has been published in various magazines and newspapers throughout South East Asia.

Oh dear,busted!I'm pretty sure it 's actually illegal to plagiarise full pieces like this and I know football forums that have been threatened with legal action in the UK for doing so!

I'd actually say more of a Rodney than Cassandra though!

The text in Post #1 has been copied in its (near) entirety from Miss Cassandra James 2009 Yahoo! Voices article which contains the notice:

Copyright © 2013 Yahoo! Inc. All rights reserved. | Yahoo! Shine and Lifestyles Network.

From Forum Rule 22: Not to post any copyrighted material except as fair use laws apply (as in the case of news articles).

masquerading to the mods themselves..

Report it then. No point in masquerading as a mod is there?

I enjoy copyright legal stuff. I'll leave masquerading as a mod to the mods themselves.

Edited by JLCrab

I remember the OP's previous thread. It was entitled How to Date a Thai Woman.

This is the link to the thread here on Thaivisa .............

http://www.thaivisa.com/forum/topic/627655-the-secret-to-dating-a-thai-woman/

Oddly enough, an identical post can be found on Yahoo (November 28, 2008) ...............

http://voices.yahoo.com/how-date-thai-woman-2238594.html?cat=41

EDIT. As a side note, the above thread was written by a Thai. I really think it's extremely poor form for a farang to plagiarize (and attempt to take take credit for) an article penned by one of our hosts.

In fact, I think it's <deleted> disgusting.

Here is the original author:

http://contributor.yahoo.com/user/364416/kanittha_pansomboon.html

Edited by andrew

I've known well over a hundred couples that have got married since I've lived here, and the only ones that didn't have the sin sot were a couple farang that were able to convince the family to bow to their contempt and gamble on their daughter being better off in the long run.

IMO both of them were pretty obnoxious, Euro-centric to a fault, so that probably wasn't the reason things didn't work out, but in neither case were the family trying to scam them as so commonly does happen - but IMO that factor has nothing to do with the sin sot tradition itself, it certainly is "the norm" here, especially from the original sociology definition.

Doesn't mean you have to pay it, but don't try to pretend it's something concocted just to get some extra money out of you.

As it has been correctly pointed out, the opening post was in violation of fair use laws. It is generally accepted, but not written into law, that quoting the first two or three sentences of an article and giving a link to the source is considered “fair use” and not a violation of copyright.

22) Not to post any copyrighted material except as fair use laws apply (as in the case of news articles).

The opening post has been deleted and this topic is now closed.