Dash Cam With Infra-Red

While in the market for a Dash Came, I have come to the conclusion it must also have a wide angle backward lens, would prefer a little pop down screen as many things are settled on the spot in Thailand, and comes on automatically when the ignition is on.

But what about IR sensors, how good are they at night?

Night driving even with 'night vision' enabled devices is very limited due to the reasons stated by freemindxs. They appear to work fairly well in well-lit city streets after dark but the glare of oncoming headlights with no other reference points limits their usefulness on country roads.

I append a couple of pictures of the unit I bought for around 2000 baht last year. It has a flip out screen and since it is basically a mini cam-corder, it can be disconnected and unclipped from the mount (leaves the suction cup and arm attached in the car) so that you can show the clips to insurance or cops or the other <deleted>.

I even used mine to make videos of my lad at the annual school show. Funny watching all these local mums and dads using iPads and other big-screen tablets to make movies. Is that about show off or what?

post-35874-0-56142500-1364110022_thumb.j post-35874-0-24983300-1364110032_thumb.j