Jackets For The Heat....

GooEng

Bike EXIF site featured some jackets suited to the thai climate in their daily newsletter email today...

How to get these in Thailand - anyone know any stockists of a range of warm weather jackets? I've tried but find getting large sizes difficult ....

http://www.bikeexif.com/textile-motorcycle-jackets?utm_source=feedburner&utm_medium=email&utm_campaign=Feed%3A+Bikeexif+%28Bike+EXIF%29

Sent from my iPad-mini.

• Like 1

I have the Dainese Air Frame mentioned in your article.

Bought it at Kawasaki Chiang Mai but it is available at many places here in Thailand

& works very well IMO. I paid 9000 baht discounted from 10,300 baht

Also has a removable zipped in windbreaker for when it gets cooler.

Because it does flow a lot of air

The Revit I am sure you could get from Panda in BKK for 8000 baht

I bought TCX Boots from them over the phone & had it in CM in a day

EMS included free. Nice folks to work with, They are major distributors & not selling copies

http://pandarider.com/Revit/RevitProductsTextileJackets.html

thx mania - i fancy that revit kit - really look and sounds the part. will be investigating when i get onshore.

• Like 1

thx mania - i fancy that revit kit - really look and sounds the part. will be investigating when i get onshore.

Your Welcome

Good luck & yes that Revit stuff looks good.

Panda Rider was great to work with on my TCX boots

The guy who I think is the owner did all the contact with me

Mr.Siam Srirongmuang

His email was sales at pandarider dot com

Prompt email replies & speaks perfect English too

Sends purchase immediately with tracking & also said he would exchange if size

was wrong

Even when I called once & spoke with a lady at the company the service was good.

Edited by mania
  • Like 1

Your Welcome

Good luck & yes that Revit stuff looks good.

Panda Rider was great to work with on my TCX boots

The guy who I think is the owner did all the contact with me

Mr.Siam Srirongmuang

His email was sales at pandarider dot com

Prompt email replies & speaks perfect English too

Sends purchase immediately with tracking & also said he would exchange if size

was wrong

Even when I called once & spoke with a lady at the company the service was good.

good to know, thanks bud - i see all the contact info now on the site - phone numbers, names, emails, placemarks, account numbers + a great map! truly the lot - well played Khun Siam!

Edited by GooEng

I live in Khon Kaen and the local Harley shop sells them, less than 4000 baht if my memory serves me well, which seemed quite good. They didn't look that cool to wear, well not for mega-sweaty me anyway,

The colours were mostly dark too, making them even hotter in the sun.

They need to be Airtex and simple armour inserts sewn in and not beyond the wit of man to design.

• Like 1

Extreme Supply is closing out the Alpinestars T-GP Plus Air jacket for $114- shipping is another $50, so at $164 shipped it's a pretty good deal, even with import charges. They've got a few large sizes left (colors are of course limited to stock-on-hand).

http://www.extremesupply.com/product/Brand-Alpinestars-Jackets/ALPSTRTGPPLSAIRJKT.html#.UU8CAMsaySN

• Like 1

I have a "Revit Tarmac Air". It fits very well and seems to be good quality stuff. Its cool as long as you keep moving and the airt can flow. But at traffic lights or in traffic jams its hot. But thats the compromise for good safety. There are other lighter mesh jackets that are cooler, but i guess "the cooler the less safe". You should accept some sweating in Thailand. Safety is always a compromise here wink.png

• Like 2

I have a "Revit Tarmac Air". It fits very well and seems to be good quality stuff. Its cool as long as you keep moving and the airt can flow. But at traffic lights or in traffic jams its hot. But thats the compromise for good safety. There are other lighter mesh jackets that are cooler, but i guess "the cooler the less safe". You should accept some sweating in Thailand. Safety is always a compromise here wink.png

Wantan,

Yes same with the Dainese Air Frame

Super cool when moving & designed to really flow air all around you ....when moving

There are warm and there are hot jackets but once you riding most are ok. So better look at the safety factor. I do also have the Tarmac air and Tarmac leather jacket both are ok unless you are standing.... See it positive you are melting of fat :)

What I don't understand is the colours they offer are either black or a dark coloured top section where the sun hits. Isn't being cool better than looking cool? White or silver is what is needed.

And for those who argue that colour making a difference is a myth, come visit me, my truck is silver, my neighbour's is black, see which gets hottest....by a mile.

i use a komine jacket with full protection - back, elbow and shoulder - now and it is full mesh and there is no other fabric inside, only mesh. You can actually see through it, it is that light:) the coolest jacket i used in my life and using it for nearly 1,5 years and nothing has happened to its mesh, stitches or structure, not even a hole, but reflectors and color fade a bit.

post-114750-0-47377900-1364185419_thumb.

post-114750-0-24904100-1364185503_thumb.

post-114750-0-31765700-1364185614_thumb.

post-114750-0-88600400-1364185686_thumb.

Edited by loserlazer

i use a komine jacket with full protection - back, elbow and shoulder - now and it is full mesh and there is no other fabric inside, only mesh. You can actually see through it, it is that light:) the coolest jacket i used in my life and using it for nearly 1,5 years and nothing has happened to its mesh, stitches or structure, not even a hole, but reflectors and color fade a bit.

This is a good example for such a "super cool/light mesh jacket". You will barely notice the jacket while wearing it. Only a little bit sweat at the protectors. But will such jacket protect you when coming down at speeds above 100kmh? Will the protectors stay in place to be a real protection? I would not want to try it smile.png
  • Like 1

I've got an Icon Stryker Rig which flows air easily, but it basically offers zero abrasion resistance and should really be worn under a jersey or light jacket (which of course would defeat the purpose of the mesh)- this is true for a lot of mesh jerseys and jackets- the mesh is basically a way of holding your armor in place, but it will disintegrate instantly against the road- it's way better than no jacket at all, but it's a big sacrifice in protection for the sake of comfort.

ICONSTRYKERRIG.jpg

in a crash it will be ripped apart.

i know guys, it looks not very protective but it is very tight and it has a great back protector.

yeah, i never fall down with it so i do not know if it will dissolve or not but i am mostly wearing it for my commute. I cannot go in a non mesh jacket and arrive office drowning on my own sweatbiggrin.png

and most of the jackets mesh or leather anyway cannot keep you in one piece after a 100 km fall anyway.

Just an FYI- on the Dainese Proshop Bangkok Facebook page they have the G. Air-3 Tex jacket advertised for 6900 baht- that's a pretty good deal for a local purchase.

That is a good price equal to the street price in the USA $240/7000 baht

Compared to the Air Frame which I have ( 9000 baht ) the main differences that I liked with the air frame

was the back protector pocket is inside not outside like this Air 3. ( Don't know why they did that? )

& also the Air frame has a zip in windbreaker on the inside that can be used or not.

Also the Air Frame I believe flows the most air of their textile jackets.

Air 3

Air frame

Edited by mania

If i were in the market for a mesh jacket i would take a look at the RevIt Airwave from Panda. Together with the the Airwave trousers it should be a relatively cool and protective thing. And if you purchase both you should get a discount of at least 10% iirc.

I have not seen revit up close but have been impressed by their pictures.

Looks like a nice product at a good price.

Also having dealt with Panda for boots I know they are a good one to deal with

Edited by mania

I just ordered a G Air-3 Tex jacket- I've got a few leather jackets and a one-piece suit but no textile stuff- I've also got a Forcefield back protector (made for Dainese) from another jacket that will fit in it so I won't have to order one.

I received it today (along with my A* suit in a different package from overseas- my wife was thrilled [not] to see more gear show up- one day I'll make a thread with some of my other stuff)- I'm quite pleased with it- the mesh is very light (yet still feels reasonably sturdy) in the midsection and it's the light jacket I've been needing.

A note to anyone who might be consider picking one up- I'm a 44/54 in Dainese leather jackets (I currently have a perforated Rebel jacket made by them)- I got a 54 in the G Air-3 Tex and I'm ok with it, but I could have gone down to a 42/52- it seems the Dainese textile stuff runs bigger (at least as far as my anecdotal evidence has shown) in case you aren't in Bangkok and plan to order one.

post-176811-0-95170400-1364981806_thumb.

Edited by RubberSideDown
  • Like 2

A note to anyone who might be consider picking one up- I'm a 44/54 in Dainese leather jackets (I currently have a perforated Rebel jacket made by them)- I got a 54 in the G Air-3 Tex and I'm ok with it, but I could have gone down to a 42/52- it seems the Dainese textile stuff runs bigger (at least as far as my anecdotal evidence has shown) in case you aren't in Bangkok and plan to order one.

Congrats on all the new gear

Sizing same as me I had the choice 52 or 54

52 was probably perfect but I went 54 thinking if I put

a back protector in it may be too tight across the shoulders when

in handlebar reach position

I have a Revit Airwave - IMO this jacket is just too hot.

Revit Airwave

+ Looks great

+ Cool when moving

- Hot when stopped, or in the city, or getting off the bike, etc

- High collar keeps you hot and is kinda uncomfortable

- Zippers of medium quality; didn't have problems yet but I expect better.

- Inner layer uncomfortable on bare skin, e.g. t-shirt

- No zip in rain liner; very cold in the mornings. This is the only jacket I am both too hot and too cold in. Again - I expect better.

Revit is a good brand, they make good looking gear that's - presumably - pretty safe. But they're not designed for hot weather. I'd make the designers ride around Thailand in March, I am sure they'd come up with something better.

My old Yellowcorn jacket was much better than the Airwave. It was much cooler when stopped or off the bike - not because of airflow, if anything it had less airflow and a denser mesh than the Revit. But the inner liner was excellent, and the Jacket just fit better. It also had a zip-in rain liner, perfect for the cold mornings.

I'd wear the Yellowcorn around town no problem, and planned to do that with the Airwave, but it's just too hot.

Have a Dainese and a cheap RS Taichi too, both too hot. The Dainese is super light, but again no zip in liner, and hot when stopped, though not as bad as the Airwave. Main issue is I bought it in black. Som nam naa, I know. The RS Taichi is also black and kinda cheaply made, no wonder it only cost 4k baht. No airflow and black... what was I thinking??

The search continues.

PS: I don't know if I got lucky with my Yellowcorn jacket or what, also I don't really know how they name their products. Mine was a special edition made to look like an original "76" union oil race jacket, no "yellow corn" logos on the outside whatsoever. Protected me in my 2 crashes so far in Thailand. Worked well.

Edited by nikster

Have a Dainese and a cheap RS Taichi too, both too hot. The Dainese is super light, but again no zip in liner, and hot when stopped, though not as bad as the Airwave. Main issue is I bought it in black. Som nam naa, I know.

Dainese Airframe has a nice zip in liner & with it out the

jacket flows a lot of air.

Hot when stopped? All jackets & even no jacket I am hot when stopped

these days biggrin.png

Well actually we all know no jacket is hotter than a light jacket

I guess just keeping the direct sun off your skin is a plus as most Thai's

seem to know also.