Verdicts In Centralworld Arson Case Tomorrow

Lite Beer

What do disinformation propagandists look like?

".......Around 7pm, fire-fighters were alerted to the fire but could access the scene only after 10pm.

The building collapsed around 9pm due to the fire while the soldiers, who guarded the scene, looked on............"

Says a lot, does it not ???

Yeah it says they feared snipers until the area was secured.

I would too, considering the last several weeks happenings.

• Replies 88
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

police should have done what exactly and according to what law?

there is a lack of clear laws and regulations when it comes to protests as we have seen with the yellow shirts or the red shirts.

thats why you maybe be wondering about police inactivity.

but laws here are different from your home country.

But not radically different.

As you appear to be au fait with the local laws covering crowd control, illegal assembly, and riot, you could inform us all of the limit to the powers of the Thai police in such situations.

And at the same time, point out the subsequent changes to the laws that enabled the police to so effectively control the Pitak Siam rally late last year.

• Like 2

Dear Philw, if you'd take the trouble to do some research of the May 2010 topics, you'll notice that the fire brigade was standing by because they were fired upon and needed the army to give an "all clear" signal first. The army was still in heavy gunfights with unarmed protesters and militants and other fools at the time.

the army had heavy gunfights?
Didn't hear any of that at the time--------------Dougal the Kiwi

i heard some. but i don't want focus on heavy as in "heavy guns" but just on "heavy fights".

my question would be is it already official establish that the army was heavily involved in that heavy gunfights ir is still the suthep line "it were all the black shirts and terrorists that killed the people" the official line. because suthep was the authority then.

for a new official line we would need some court or independent committee conclusion that had the authority to make such statement

Heavy gunfights with socalled unarmed protesters and other fools. If you would consult with your previous incarnations, they'd tell you I've been telling them a few times already.

There is no need to rewrite this part of history. Peaceful [protesters with a grenade bang to emphasize the democratic nature of it all.bah.gif

With a lot of zig-zagging, rewriting the past and some snippets of truth, we're still only at a verdict tomorrow and compared to the last three years no real new information. Lots of denials, speculation, 'army bad, red shirts good', etc., etc.

Probably against forum rules to openly speculate on this, but somehow I think I've had the discussion with ZZ in at least four or five re-incarnations by now. It gets boring as every time someone tries to rewrite history again and again as if they didn't try that a few times before already. Maybe it's just that as inmate #58 and with a too good memory I remember too much sad.png

If he could communicate in English I would be tempted to say welcome back CalgaryII

• Like 1

police should have done what exactly and according to what law?

there is a lack of clear laws and regulations when it comes to protests as we have seen with the yellow shirts or the red shirts.

thats why you maybe be wondering about police inactivity.

but laws here are different from your home country.

But not radically different.

As you appear to be au fait with the local laws covering crowd control, illegal assembly, and riot, you could inform us all of the limit to the powers of the Thai police in such situations.

And at the same time, point out the subsequent changes to the laws that enabled the police to so effectively control the Pitak Siam rally late last year.

you need special court order to tell the police what to do in such out of the ordinary cases. such court orders would allow the police to act accordingly.

there exist no special riot control law or a special riot control unit that have the order to act immediately as riot police in case of need.

short cut to avoid the hassle with court orders are emergency laws. that allows, under the Thai law, to call for army units in charge of law and order. thats puts the police out of business.

again, it was not a case of lazy police or red police so that they did nothing or that they refused to follow orders that was given to them.

edit to add:

why you think the police got away with their inactivity? why nobody throw the book at them accused them of mutiny. everyone else is charged by someone in the courts no matter what the outcome will be. Thaksin as terrorists, Abhisit as murder, the red shirts, the yellows.

did you here of any case where the police is charged because the did nothing against the protests, riots?

Edited by ZhouZhou

I'm pointing people to the, at least by me, almost forgotten wonderful function called Ignore Preferences on the drop down panel at your user name.

A fool excised with a few clicks.

Oddly after all these years today is the first time I've used it on any poster, you may wonder whom. or probably know.

Voltaire?

Dear Philw, if you'd take the trouble to do some research of the May 2010 topics, you'll notice that the fire brigade was standing by because they were fired upon and needed the army to give an "all clear" signal first. The army was still in heavy gunfights with unarmed protesters and militants and other fools at the time.

the army had heavy gunfights?

Yes - with red men in black using assault weapons and handgrenades then using other red shirts as human shields.

• Like 1

My question like a few OP's are they claim 14 men in the first wave and 7-8 in the second. They were noted but could not be 'identified'. 180 security guys and they could not crash tackle 14? Or the ensuing 7-8. That's the trouble with so called 'security guards' - they only pay peanuts, give them a whistle and a uniform, and expect them to handle a 'situation'? But then, with PTP Judges, Monday will simply be a formality of the two charged - to be released. But let's see what happens anyway.

I'm pointing people to the, at least by me, almost forgotten wonderful function called Ignore Preferences on the drop down panel at your user name.

Oddly after all these years today is the first time I've used it on any poster, you may wonder whom. or probably know.

Thanks for the info A_Traveler. Today is my first time to use it also.

So it brought the whole building down, interesting.......................

perhaps it was done for the insurance. Throwing grenades at security sounds far fetched and a good excuse to go home.

I think, if you are to be taken seriously in what you post you will need to come up with something better than this rubbish!!

I appreciate you are a newby but try writing something sensible in the future.

• Like 1

Of course not, it was very convenient for the Red Shirts to disable all the CCTV cameras in the area weeks before the burnings.

And some people say Thais lack in foresight... rolleyes.gif

Unfortunately for your conspiracy theory you do realise that internal CCTV video was provided by the prosecution at the trial?

Incidentally do you know for sure that the CCTV (all of them around Central World disabled, really?) in the area were even working prior to the demonstrations? In June 2008, 2,046 cameras were bought and installed in Bangkok, 1,325 of them fake. The next purchase of 10,000, according to Sukhumbhund, were installed from June 30th 2010.

Edited by muttley

Thanks for the info A_Traveler. Today is my first time to use it also.
Thanks a million A-traveler.... What a great way to avoid some of the verbal turds laid by mindless posters !!! :-)

Of course not, it was very convenient for the Red Shirts to disable all the CCTV cameras in the area weeks before the burnings.

And some people say Thais lack in foresight... rolleyes.gif

Unfortunately for your conspiracy theory you do realise that internal CCTV video was provided by the prosecution at the trial?

Incidentally do you know for sure that the CCTV (all of them around Central World disabled, really?) in the area were even working prior to the demonstrations? In June 2008, 2,046 cameras were bought and installed in Bangkok, 1,325 of them fake. The next purchase of 10,000, according to Sukhumbhund, were installed from June 30th 2010.

No conspiracy, it's a fact that the Red Shirts disabled CCTV cameras in the area they occupied.

On edit...

About conspiracy theories, Muttley, tell us who burned Central World?

Edited by AleG

Only two people up on charges for arson and looting ???? What about the bottles of cooking gas piled up inside Central world just waiting to explode and what about the people queing up for the free buses back to Issan carring bags of designer watches and jewelery , where are they now ?

Isaan?

On edit...

About conspiracy theories, Muttley, tell us who burned Central World?

there seems to be a lack of evidence to find the one who did it.

The Red Shirts did it (as they said they would), no individual can be singled out for lack of clear evidence, so far.

please continue:

Thai court acquits two Red Shirts of torching mall

BANGKOK, March 25, 2013 (AFP) - Two supporters of Thailand's "Red Shirt" protest movement were acquitted Monday of setting fire to a huge shopping mall during mass anti-government rallies that rocked Bangkok in 2010.

Full story: http://www.thaivisa.com/forum/topic/628449-thai-court-acquits-two-red-shirts-of-torching-central-world-mall/

//CLOSED//