Aerial Anti-Haze Operations Conducted In North

Lite Beer

Aerial anti-haze operations conducted in North
The Nation on Sunday

30202586-01_big.jpg

PHRAE: -- With fine-particle dust levels in the air in many upper northern provinces continuing to exceed safe levels, the Northern Royal Rainmaking Centre yesterday dispatched planes to fight haze for a second consecutive day, centre director Song Klinprathum said.

The first operation, conducted on Friday, used the "black hole" technique (spraying urea and dry ice in a counter-clockwise direction in the target area) in order to open up space for dust to ventilate and move away from the affected areas.

Yesterday's operation was conducted in two targeted areas: above Mae Hong Son's Mae Sariang district and above Phrae province. In each area, two teams of three aircraft conducted spraying at the same time. In each team, one plane sprayed a "hot formula" while flying clockwise at 8,500 feet, while the other two planes sprayed urea and dry ice while flying counter-clockwise at 7,500 feet to "open the air space", Song explained.

Rainmaking is not possible at the moment due to many factors. Hence, the centre used the "black hole" technique to alleviate the situation, pending better conditions to conduct rainmaking, he said.

nationlogo.jpg
-- The Nation 2013-03-24

• Replies 101
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Wow, I think they have managed to engage the same principles as the propeller boats to move the river faster.

Sounds very well thought out. Make a hole in the sky and the dust will go into the hole. Brilliant.

I especially like the planes flying clockwise and anticlockwise. Absolute cutting edge stuff this is. A glorious age of science is born.

I await the proposal of hot air balloons fitted with giant hoovers to suck the air clean. Orbetter maybe, recommending the entire Thai population to take their floor fans and point them at the sky to blow the dust to China or Singapore.

If you truly Thai at heart you should contact the Royal Rainmaking Centre with your idea.

I guess the next step is to patent this 'black hole technique' and creat a pollution free universe. Just keep the human thought/hand print out of the equation and we are good to go.

Who comes up with these proposals for problem solving, the elected or the party list midgets? I wonder if there is a 7 year statue of limitations on stupidity in this country?

• Like 1

Wow, I think they have managed to engage the same principles as the propeller boats to move the river faster.

Sounds very well thought out. Make a hole in the sky and the dust will go into the hole. Brilliant.

I especially like the planes flying clockwise and anticlockwise. Absolute cutting edge stuff this is. A glorious age of science is born.

I await the proposal of hot air balloons fitted with giant hoovers to suck the air clean. Orbetter maybe, recommending the entire Thai population to take their floor fans and point them at the sky to blow the dust to China or Singapore.

If you truly Thai at heart you should contact the Royal Rainmaking Centre with your idea.

Hey, I am awaiting the fruition of their "Black Hole" theory. Do you really believe that this is going to have even the slightest effect on the atmospheric conditions.

Stand by for the Higgs Boson discovery.

Would the Thai version be the Buddha particle.

Look up "kalapas".

• Like 1

Hey, I am awaiting the fruition of their "Black Hole" theory. Do you really believe that this is going to have even the slightest effect on the atmospheric conditions.

Well maybe these folks know something that no one else does. I searched every search engine I could find using all the buzz words of the article and found nothing. Hopefully by tomorrow there will be an article detailing the results or lack thereof.

Look up "kalapas".

It may be a spiritual idea, but it isn't that fanciful an idea.

The ingenuity of the Thai scientific community is simple amazing. First we have a 1000 boat propeller brigade to fight the flooding. Now we have planes flying clockwise and counter clockwise dropping into the air what is basically urine, urea to make a big black hole. (As a side note, urea is good for melting snow on airport runways.) And we have rice that can be stored in government warehouses for years on end and not even rot. Oh wait. They haven't come up with that one yet. whistling.gif

Look up "kalapas".

It may be a spiritual idea, but it isn't that fanciful an idea.

Sure, a lot of spirits were involved in this idea.

its a royal centre, so if you are in Thailand for a while and not since yesterday and have some cross cultural sensitivity you should be aware how it works.

same a the 1000 propeller in the river. it will be a good idea. its a royal project.

If they had money for faster planes they could fly clockwise very very fast

reversing the earths rotation & turn back time to when the fires & smoke had not yet started.

Of course it may be easier to fly counter clockwise really fast & just advance time to the end of

the burn season smile.png

• Like 2

It would not be remotely possible to make this stuff up.... Spraying piss and dry ice in opposing flight patterns to remove smoke/dust from the air?? Rose colored glasses brigade, please hit google and see if this concept has been used in farang countries...... Plodprasop move aside, in the wacky science department, you have just been one upped. Remaining options are praying to Buddha, actually putting the fires out, or fining the crap out of people who are starting the fires.. Am fairly sure the path with the best chance of success would be putting them out.

Not really sure of the net value of the crops created by slash and burn, but it sure as hell has to be a lot smaller than the loss of tourism and health damage created by everyone there breathing in polluted air.

Edited by EyesWideOpen
  • Like 1

It would not be remotely possible to make this stuff up.... Spraying piss and dry ice in opposing flight patterns to remove smoke/dust from the air?? Rose colored glasses brigade, please hit google and see if this concept has been used in farang countries...... Plodprasop move aside, in the wacky science department, you have just been one upped. Remaining options are praying to Buddha, actually putting the fires out, or fining the crap out of people who are starting the fires.. Am fairly sure the path with the best chance of success would be putting them out.

Not really sure of the net value of the crops created by slash and burn, but it sure as hell has to be a lot smaller than the loss of tourism and health damage created by everyone there breathing in polluted air.

as a western tourist you might not know but this is a royal project. it is a good idea.

as a western tourist you might not know but this is a royal project. it is a good idea.
You as a British tourist with internet access should be also aware that the Royal Project is involved with cloud seeding for creating rain. Somebody there who decides to use the planes for a wacky project that will not work is simply out to lunch, and this has NO relevance to the rain making part of the operation. Next question ??
  • Like 1

I have an idea, that may sound revolutionary and maybe is hard to grasp, but what about PUTTING OUT THE F#$%@#$& FIRES????

First the dougheads have to admit that is a part of the problem.

If they are looking for a scientific answer they might try to remove the heat inversion over much of the area that holds the pollution in.

but wait it is easier to blame it all on the rice farmers.

Edited by hellodolly

I have an idea, that may sound revolutionary and maybe is hard to grasp, but what about PUTTING OUT THE F#$%@#$& FIRES????

Dam_n Doc you have come up with a TOTALLY revolutionary idea. But sorry to say that is analytical thinking uknown here. smile.png

• Like 1

Dam_n Doc you have come up with a TOTALLY revolutionary idea. But sorry to say that is analytical thinking uknown here. smile.png

thats because many members seems to be just tourists. don't expect much analytical thinking from them when it comes to their holiday destination.