Family Vacation In Samui & Phangan

I'm sure you've answered these questions thousands of times. I did a search but didn't find anything in regards to a family vacation on samui and Phangan. This would include kids friendly location, hotel and restaurant.

This April/May will be my first time traveling to samui and phangan for a couple of days on each Island. I've heard and read many of your posts and really wanted to take my wife, her (2) nieces and her mum for a mini vacation before heading up to Bangkok. My plans is to find a nice kids friendly area, and hotel near the beach for all (5) of us. During the day, I would like the kids and mum to enjoy themselves on the beach and than out for a nice dinner before turning them into bed. However during the evening, while mum and kids are asleep, My wife and I would like to go out and have a goodtime. While on samui or Phangan, we would also like to go to Aangthong National parks so please feel free to suggests.

We would appreciate any advice in regards to hotel, motel, best beach and activities you all could sugests for a family of five on Samui and Phangan and Angthong.

thanks in advance all

a trip to Angthong is more easily done from Samui, there are regular tour boats that go, most provide snorkelling, some kayaking.

April/May is the low season so I wouldn't worry too much about booking in advance, at least on Koh Phangan.

Also, if you stay on the west side of Koh Phangan you need to be aware that there is a very low tide during the day so it would be best to stay in a place with a pool. Thong Nai Pan, however, does have good swimming that time of year, and in fact, may be a good choice. It has a bit of night life, nothing crazy but all within walking distance.

If you are seeking a family/kid friendly place to stay on Samui, you will probably want to look at the northern part of the island. The Mae Nam area is our personal choice. There are many nice resorts on the beach. Many have swimming pools as well as the sea. Check out the area around Coco Palm Resort. This is next to the Phalarn catamaran ferry dock, where you can go over to Phangan.

Have fun!

To second SBK Thong Nai Pan Yai is great for families anytime of year. Noi is not as good for Children.

If you stay on Manam there is a 12:00 boat that goes from Manam to Thong Nai Pan. It makes a few stops a long the way, if people want to get off at other beaches.

It's known as, "The Supply Boat." You'll be able to see the whole Western Side of Phangan on the way to Thong Nai Pan. It is by far the most pleasant way to get to Thong Nai Pan, so if you deciced to go there, take that boat over.

Edited by seville

Misplaced,

Central Samui hotel in Chaweng is IMO the best children friendly hotel on Samui. Children programs all day long and a children's play room as well. It's centrally located in Chaweng so enough options for you at night.

April/May may be very busy on Samui, due to Easter holidays in Europe, make reservations asap.

Thank you all for responding. I've read all your posts and It gave my and I many ideas of where approximate location to stay. My next step is ato ask each and all of you to help decide a favorite hotel to stay / a site to see / any retaurant to eat, actually, any others ideas you may have.

SBK & Seville,

since you both are quite familiar with Kho Phangan, Can you reccomend your personal favorite hotels to stay and also at which port do we need to get off from samui to get to Thong nai pan? an what's this about a supply boat? and, any favorite Restaurants?

SourdoughAL & Limbo,

Thank you for the tip about the Central samui hotel and the cocopalm Palm resort. Would either one of these hotels be near to the piere which can take my family and I to Angthong National Park? and Could you suggest a good restaurants?

Ayakiawe,

I will definitely look into the nature both trip in samui. I wote down their phone numbers and will be caliing them when we get there.

My intention for this vacation is to allowed my wife to spend quality time with her mom and nieces. Since we both live so far away from them, she rarely get a chance to see them, let alone get a chance to be close to them (until we can move back that is). I would like to make sure they all have the most fun excursions and be something they all will never forget years from now. SOOOO, If you have any extra information or suggestions, plese feel free to let me know in PM or here on the board. Thank you all very much

Misplaced,

Neither of those hotels is near piers that have boats leaving to the Marine Park, however, all operators offering these tours will transfer you from the resort that you're staying at to the pier and back, that's normally part of the package.

There's loads of good restaurants in and around Chaweng. Central itself has some good restaurants itself. What kind of food and price calss are you looking for? Simple Thai on plastic tables and chairs or more upscale?

Regarding Central, my sister is staying there again soon, since she values this the best place on Samui with children activities. She's been in a few hotels by now and prefers this one because of her son.