Ignore Function?

A_Traveller

Greetings, a quick question. I recall it existed before and maybe I need glasses, [OK I DO - Just seen the ignore preferences option on the user {self} drop down menu] So if some else is also visually challenged, the ignore function is on the drop down panel accessed by clicking your user name at the top of the screen] but is there an ignore poster function any longer?

Since an amazing loony tune has arrived in the last 24 hours or so and he/she/it is unbelievable foolish, for the first time since joining I'd really like to "Ignore" and am glad to say I can do so..

Regards wai.gif

Edited by A_Traveller

I'm glad you found the answer to your own question. Below is a screenshot of the dropdown menu you get when you click on your own user name near the top right of the screen.

post-21260-0-38844900-1364137839_thumb.p

Click on "Manage Ignore Prefs" and a new screen opens where you can enter the name of the member you wish to ignore. Return to this screen any time you wish to check whom you are ignoring and to deselect any member from this "Ignore" list whose posts you may want to see displayed again.

I should like to commend the OP for his wise action. Rather than succumb to the temptation of responding in anger to a post of a member perceived to be foolish, it is better to ignore that member. Generally, if a post goes beyond being foolish and is a flame or otherwise in violation of forum rules, it will be appreciated if you click on the report button below the post in question and the moderating team will have a look at it.