Negotiate Price On A New Bike?

captnhoy

Right, the fact that it is a Honda means that even with a tiny "fault" it'll hold up, no worries about the engine breaking down.

Honda doesn't have a 70% market share in Thailand for nothing!

I also had singles assembled in Thailand, the Phantom 200, the Kawasaki Boss 175 and two carb CBR150s, a carb Wave 125, a Wave 125i and a Wave 110 which I bought new and put 65,000 trouble-free kms on in nine years. At the moment I own two Nouvo 135 and a CBR150R FI. I also had an imported AX-1. Never heard any strange sounds from any of the engines, so it can't have anything to do with the engine being assembled here.

If it would be a Lifan, Keeway or a Platinum I'd definitely stay away! That's the difference between Japanese and Chinese bikes.

i remember someone received an email regarding a strange pinging on cbr250 engine and Honda claimed that it is the natural sound of the enginebiggrin.png​ and has no effect on power and reliability.

I had this pinging on my cbr250 too but it really does not affect anything as Honda said. it does not lose power and there are no irregularities on rev counter too when it is happening on 5000 rpm to 6000 rpm.

Still, i find it odd too to receive this kind of pinging sound on a new design engine on a new bike. Never had it before in any of my thumpers.

And rolo tomazzi, never take the rented bikes as a point as they are hard used machines by tourists with no care given by these renters and rental places. Even maybe someone might have forgotten to fill the oil before.

i remember someone received an email regarding a strange pinging on cbr250 engine and Honda claimed that it is the natural sound of the enginebiggrin.png​ and has no effect on power and reliability.

I had this pinging on my cbr250 too but it really does not affect anything as Honda said. it does not lose power and there are no irregularities on rev counter too when it is happening on 5000 rpm to 6000 rpm.

Still, i find it odd too to receive this kind of pinging sound on a new design engine on a new bike. Never had it before in any of my thumpers.

And rolo tomazzi, never take the rented bikes as a point as they are hard used machines by tourists with no care given by these renters and rental places. Even maybe someone might have forgotten to fill the oil before.

It doesn't seem to negatively affect the engine. It's more of a knocking sound, like metal on metal under pressure. It just doesn't sound right, and it's surprising that Honda hasn't found the fault and fixed it by now.

I made sure there was oil and water on the bike before I took off, checked the tire pressure with my gauge and even had the shop mechanic spray the chain which was dry.

I rented out some of my bikes and it's my responsibility as the owner to make sure that the oil gets changed on time, as well as tires and brake pads.