I Never Knew That.

redrus

Exery Cicada you hear was hatched seventeen years ago.

Cicadas hatch and then spend the next seventeen years sucking the sap from a tree's roots. They then mature, exit the earth and climb up a tree.

The noise you hear is them trying to attract a mate. Once they leave the underground they live for about three months, then they die.

Orange Fanta (I guess that should be: Fanta, Orange for you folks IN Thailand :o ) was invented by Hitler.

Not exactly true, of course! But it was invented by the Germans during WWII as a soft drink replacement, I believe for Coca Cola.

I also beleive that Coca Cola was produced and sold in Nazi Germany, right up to when the Germans declared war on the Americans.

Coca Cola "Official Drink of the Battle of Britain" (for both sides??)

George Bush Senior was an avid Tarzan fan and succesfully mated with Cheetah. The offspring is now President.

Why is the sea salty?

The blue whale possesses an 11 foot long penis and produces 400 gallons of semen. When the whale mates only 10% enters the female whale. That means 360 gallons of semen is spread around on the water.

Wow! Hate to think of how much whale sperm is produced by the Sperm Whale. :o

A rather confused blue whale inexplicably gets turned on while in the presence of a human and will soon shower him with 400 gallons of semen:

blue2gs.gif

I know knowledge too.

Butterfly's taste with their feet

The reason people shake hands is to show tha they are not carrying swords

The two fingers up comes from Agincourt when captured archers would have their index and middle fingers cut off. British solidiers would stick their fingers up as a rude gesture.

Saluting comes from olden days too when you would have to raise your visor on your armour (prior to shaking hands presumably!)

A pubic wig is called a murket

I will think of some more soon.

Why is the sea salty?

The blue whale possesses an 11 foot long penis and produces 400 gallons of semen. When the whale mates only 10% enters the female whale. That means 360 gallons of semen is spread around on the water.

A rather confused blue whale inexplicably gets turned on while in the presence of a human and will soon shower him with 400 gallons of semen:

blue2gs.gif

Looks like he's using protection by standing behind a 2m wall. :D

Did you know..

sbbmaui.jpg

...the bikini was banned in Catholic countries such as Spain, Portugal and Italy in the 1940's as it was deemed indecent?

When do we ban you for the same reasons then.... :o

redrus

Why is the sea salty?

blue2gs.gif

Looks like he's using protection by standing behind a 2m wall. :D

Yes, but it's a false sense of security as once that monstrous 11 foot penis gets aroused, the wall will produce no more protection than the Road Runner's nemesis Wily E. Coyote's infamous mini-umbrella does when a 20 ton boulder comes crashing down upon him.

Edited by sriracha john

Did you know..

sbbmaui.jpg

...the bikini was banned in Catholic countries such as Spain, Portugal and Italy in the 1940's as it was deemed indecent?

When do we ban you for the same reasons then.... :D

redrus

I'm the most decent fella I know! :o

-------------------------------------------

... The State with the highest percentage of people who walk to work: Alaska ...

Sorry, this factoid is patently incorrect, most drive to work.

did you mean highest percentage of alcoholics ... :o:D

Facts about the 1500's

Most people got married in June, because they took their yearly bath in May and were still smelling pretty good by June. However, they were starting to smell, so brides carried a bouquet of flowers to hide the body odor.

Hence the custom of carrying a bouquet when getting married.

Baths consisted of a big tub filled with hot water. The man of the house had the privilege of the nice clean water, then all the other sons and men, then the women and finally the children. Last of all the babies. By then the water was so dirty, you could actually lose someone in it. Hence the saying "Don't throw the baby out with the bath water"

QUOTE(redrus @ 2006-03-12 18:33:47) *

... The State with the highest percentage of people who walk to work: Alaska ...

did you mean highest percentage of alcoholics ... whistling.gif tongue.gif

I think Khon Kaen has the highest %age of alcoholics in the world - after that maybe Finland, in my experience.

Khon Kaen has the highest liver disease in the world.

QUOTE(redrus @ 2006-03-12 18:33:47) *

did you mean highest percentage of alcoholics ... whistling.gif tongue.gif

I think Khon Kaen has the highest %age of alcoholics in the world - after that maybe Finland, in my experience.

Khon Kaen has the highest liver disease in the world.

No, Katherine, northern territory, australia.