Temple Made From Heinekin Bottles

FunFon

Nice post. Now i wonder how many beer enthousiasts are going to be attracted by thousands of empty bottles.wink.png .

I think i'll skip this one.whistling.gif

We need a temple made from full bottles of Heineken. With straws given out at the entrance. LOL.

A novel way of recycling though. Even better than the rafts made of beer bottles during the floods.

I wonder what else the Thai people make from used beer bottles.

Maybe then can put the new Heineken pint glasses to better use as well.

The inside bottom of these glasses have been diamond (or maybe laser?) cut so that bubbles form readily on the sharp glass edges. Therefore the beer comes to you foaming and then proceeds to de-gass itself as the beer stands. So unless you drink the pint within about 10 mins, you have a pretty tasteless, flat, unattractive beer to finish off.

Nice ones Heineken, words like 'shooting' and 'foot' come to mind.

Is he claiming a glass has been designed to induce binging?

-

Not necessarily, just finish up quickly and then move along make room for the next customer.

Or have another, that works too. Just don't sit around only drinking one every half-hour. . .

Nice post. Now i wonder how many beer enthousiasts are going to be attracted by thousands of empty bottles.wink.png .

I think i'll skip this one.whistling.gif

We need a temple made from full bottles of Heineken. With straws given out at the entrance. LOL.

A novel way of recycling though. Even better than the rafts made of beer bottles during the floods.

I wonder what else the Thai people make from used beer bottles.

waterpipes

The inside bottom of these glasses have been diamond (or maybe laser?) cut so that bubbles form readily on the sharp glass edges. Therefore the beer comes to you foaming and then proceeds to de-gass itself as the beer stands. So unless you drink the pint within about 10 mins, you have a pretty tasteless, flat, unattractive beer to finish off.

its tasteless flat and bad tasting when it's still closed ( and im from Holland )

• Like 1

Sleepy little country town with nothing much else to do or see.

Steroid freeks will love the public exercise machines made from farm implements in the roundabout park.

A cheap but good traditional massage in the public hospital on the left as you drive away from the roundabout is worth it. Blood pressure check included prior to massage.

Edited by Farma

-

Sounds completely intentional to me!

Do say... Now where does one find these glasses?

why state that the temple is made of heineken beer bottles? there are far mor bottles of krating daeng and m-150 than heineken beer bottles...

-

Because I'm an ignorant fool that didn't research properly; I actually came across this on a completely non-Thai topic talking about Heineken's brief flirtation with square "glass bricks you fill with beer" as a building material and google-image-searched a picture of this temple to find out where it was.

Mea culpa and apologies to the local brands.

I wonder what the toilets are like. Do you pee into a bottle? LOL.

-

Detailed pictures in the most recent link.

Which also claims "made out of" rather than just "decorated with" BTW.

I checked it out a bit on some other sites, and I think it is made out of bottles, rather than just decorated. In many of the images it looks like bottles and cement (or something similar.

Edited by davejones

I wonder what the toilets are like. Do you pee into a bottle? LOL.

-

Detailed pictures in the most recent link.

Which also claims "made out of" rather than just "decorated with" BTW.

I checked it out a bit on some other sites, and I think it is made out of bottles, rather than just decorated. In many of the images it looks like bottles and cement (or something similar.

I agree Dave it looks like it is made out of bottles on closer inspection.