Sexy Clothes In Shops, But No See Any Girls Wearing Them

jaideeguy

Not just in Chiang Mai, but all over the country there are the sexiest [short shorts, skimpy tops etc] women's clothes that seem to sell, but when you see most Thai girls, they dress so conservative. Why are they buying them?? for their husbands/boyfriends?? or do they have 'night jobs'??

Just wondering..........

Thai men have a bit double standard towards thai women. They love seeing women in sexy dress while an idea emerging in their head "this woman is not suitable to be my children's mother".

IMO, not just thai, but a majority of men anywhere would not like to see the mother of their children dress up in skimpy outfits unless it blends in with the person's natural style and attitude.

• Like 2

Thai men have a bit double standard towards thai women. They love seeing women in sexy dress while an idea emerging in their head "this woman is not suitable to be my children's mother".

I think that Nuna has the best explanation so far. Excluding Pattaya and Phuket, Thai women mostly dress so conservative during the day time and I rarely go out at night any more, living in the rice fields. Over the years, I have bought my Thai wife a few outfits that she will only wear for private 'special occasions'. but her uniform of the day is jeans and a conservative top. In reality, I would be embarrassed if she dressed like a Pattaya entertainer, but I would like to see other women where what the mannequins wear.....

um..jaideeguy, in Chiang Mai city i often see girls wearing what often looks like stuff for clubbing, but in the daytime. Heels they can hardly walk in, and shorts so short that if they had a butt their cheeks would be hanging out! Where are you actually walking about? Outside the city is obviously going to be more conservative. I remember a male friend saying to me recently that he thinks the girls shouldnt try so hard, because showing so much skin will always attract attention, but showing just a bit and being sexy with it is more of a fine art. laugh.png (..but in reality that statement can easily apply to all nationalities of course, not just Thai!)

Edited by eek

Yes, they wear them

1) 30,000 students wear them in CM in the evening when they change our of uniform

2) Thai women wear them in the evening for going somewhere special

3) The sexiest stuff gets worn in the home

The problem is the sun. My wife and others don't want to burn or have brown patches. I agree! I want to keep her skin white, nice and sexy.

Why Thai men ? Almost every men in the world whistling.gif

um..jaideeguy, in Chiang Mai city i often see girls wearing what often looks like stuff for clubbing, but in the daytime. Heels they can hardly walk in, and shorts so short that if they had a butt their cheeks would be hanging out! Where are you actually walking about? Outside the city is obviously going to be more conservative. I remember a male friend saying to me recently that he thinks the girls shouldnt try so hard, because showing so much skin will always attract attention, but showing just a bit and being sexy with it is more of a fine art. laugh.png (..but in reality that statement can easily apply to all nationalities of course, not just Thai!)

Where in CM? In the obvious 'entertainment' sois?

I've basically never seen what you describe in the general sois of Chiang Mai. There will always be exceptions of course, particularly the working girls who seem to think it's normal to walk around the streets in the daytime in 'working attire' (and not only in CM).

Where in CM? In the obvious 'entertainment' sois?

I've basically never seen what you describe in the general sois of Chiang Mai. There will always be exceptions of course, particularly the working girls who seem to think it's normal to walk around the streets in the daytime in 'working attire' (and not only in CM).

where else? right out of the university entrance w00t.gifw00t.gifw00t.gif

Why Thai men ? Almost every men in the world whistling.gif

He asks about thai people,doesn't he? Why bother I do have to mention about foreigners?