Foreigner Falls From 6Th And Later Dies At Central Festival Pattaya Beach

Rimmer

Foreigner falls from 6th and later dies at Central Festival Pattaya Beach

fall-2.jpg
PATTAYA:--A man thought to be of European origin fell from the 6th floor of Central Festival Pattaya Beach on Wednesday afternoon and later died from his injuries in Hospital.

The incident occurred just after 4pm. The man fell to ground level in front of many witnesses and at the side of the building opposite the entrance to Pattaya Police Station. Police Colonel Suwan, the Pattaya Police Chief, was one of the first officers on-scene and coordinated the initial investigation.
FULL STORY:http://www.pattayaone.net/pattaya-news/80679/foreigner-falls-6th-dies-central-festival-pattaya-beach/

pattaya-one.jpg
-- Pattaya One 2013-03-27

not really possible to survive... 6th floor in Central is falling to ground floor and since the floors are higher than in an normal condo building, it is more like 10th floor in a condo building...

probability of jump unfortunately is pretty high, since I don't see how dumb one has to be to fall over the railing on 6th floor, it is pretty high (higher than standard balcony railing).

The floors in the mall part of Central are at least double normal hight. For example, the elevators in Central say that the top floor is the 6th but the Hilton restaurant is just one floor higher, on the 15th.

That I didn't know. I've heard of people surviving from normal 6th floor leaps.

RIP.

Don't mean to say he jumped, but....

Saddest thing is that jumpers who survive (like the 2% of registered cases who survive the plunge from the Golden Gate Bridge) always have the same thing to tell: they changed their minds and regretted their action when halfway down, when it is too late.

Not exactly a fall though is it? Very sad though. Having worked in Mental Health for nearly 20 years now, I have never witnessed such a high rate of suicides, and jumps as here in Thailand.

• Like 1

Foreigner falls from 6th and later dies at Central Festival Pattaya Beach

PATTAYA:--A man thought to be of European origin fell from the
6th floor of Central Festival Pattaya Beach on Wednesday afternoon and
later died from his injuries in Hospital.

The incident occurred just after 4pm. The man fell to ground level in
front of many witnesses and at the side of the building opposite the
entrance to Pattaya Police Station. Police Colonel Suwan, the Pattaya
Police Chief, was one of the first officers on-scene and coordinated the
initial investigation.

Many of the mentally ill farangs seem to gather in Pattaya.

Jumped?

Suicide?

Read it again.

Maybe pushed by one of those deranged farangs?

Too much sun for you in Thai?

Which one are you?

Why come all the way to Thailand to jump off a balcony?Do the hotel have cameras that show any one in the corridor or entering his room about this time......even hotel staff. It is a sad story.

This is some sort of record for Thai Visa. It must be at least 10 posts before someone speculates that the poor soul must have been "pushed."

• Like 2

Why come all the way to Thailand to jump off a balcony?Do the hotel have cameras that show any one in the corridor or entering his room about this time......even hotel staff. It is a sad story.

This is some sort of record for Thai Visa. It must be at least 10 posts before someone speculates that the poor soul must have been "pushed."

Agree.Most of the balcony jumpers either commits suicide or falls due to accident.The wild speculations among us farangs that many people are being pushed of the balconies are just baloney !!!

It`strange that the GF,hotel maid,security guys,receptionist etc.are ALWAYS successfull when it comes to trow a farang of balconies(after locking themselves in with the masterkey),never heard about a farang that survived this attempt and reported it to the police coffee1.gif ...........

I

• Like 2

Central Festival is not a hotel. The hotel is the HIlton and accommodation there starts above the top floor of Central, which is a shopping mall.

Apparently this person fell from the top floor beach-side public balcony of the Central mall, not from a hotel room. Presumably from the area near the glass elevators.

RIP.Don't mean to say he jumped, but....Saddest thing is that jumpers who survive (like the 2% of registered cases who survive the plunge from the Golden Gate Bridge) always have the same thing to tell: they changed their minds and regretted their action when halfway down, when it is too late.

Well, I imagine the period spent plunging rapidly toward anticipated, and even welcome, death would not be a lot if fun even for those who were sure they wanted to die -- if nothing else I would guess many regret their choice of method rather than necessarily the decision to end it all.

In other words it'd be scary as h-ll and that could make you change your mind pretty fast.

Sent from my iPad using ThaiVisa ap

RIP.

Of course, if he did jump, it would have been better to find a high point where there was less chance of hitting someone.

It can be argued and is, speaking as someone whose life was altered by a suicide, that people who commit suicide are in many instances being selfish and certainly those who plan to do it by jumping often apparently disregard or overlook the danger they pose to others.

• Like 1

RIP.

OK, be honest, we're comfortably numb about jumpers in these parts.

6th floor, you could even possibly survive and not nicely.

In my past union construction job, we got paid extra for work over 40 feet high.

Falls over 40 feet are considered deadly.

The speculation is not entirely unwarranted but what gets me is the inevitable CERTAINTY of what happened by a large number of people who couldn't possibly know. (Or sometimes the reasoning behind their speculation even if they are right in their conclusions - "No one would kill themselves in Thailand because..." or it's "Obviously suicide because guys in Thailand...")

They'll probably be along in a while...

Edited by SteeleJoe

RIP.

OK, be honest, we're comfortably numb about jumpers in these parts.

6th floor, you could even possibly survive and not nicely.

In my past union construction job, we got paid extra for work over 40 feet high.

Falls over 40 feet are considered deadly.

Well, they may be but instead they should be considered potentially deadly.

German Dies From 5th Floor Fall At Pattaya Mall
PATTAYA:--A 34-year-old German man climbed over the handrail to leap off the 5th floor balcony at the Central Festival Pattaya Beach mall. He died later at Pattaya Memorial hospital. The German left no suicide note or reason for his leap. Several days earlier, he had reported losing his passport to police.

PATTAYA – March 27, 2013 [PDN]; at 3:30 p.m., a report of a foreigner falling from a building and being severely injured was received by Pol. Capt. Chaleaw Boonkhum, investigation officer, Pattaya police station, Chonburi province.

The incident occurred at the Central Festival Pattaya Beach department store, about 30 meters from Pattaya police station on Pattaya Beach Road. The rescue officers of Sawangboribultharmmasatharn Pattaya foundation went to the scene, along with police and a doctor from Pattaya Memorial hospital who brought an ambulance.

The victim was lying unconscious on the ground beside the department store with a broken skull. There was the big open wound in his right leg that was bleeding heavily. A crowd of Thai and foreign tourists were standing around watching the aftermath.

The victim was later identified as Mr. Christian Klasky, age 34, nationality German. Officers hurried to send him to Pattaya Memorial hospital, but he later died from his injuries.

Full story:http://www.pattayadailynews.com/en/2013/03/28/german-dies-from-5th-floor-fall-at-pattaya-mall/

--PATTAYA DAILY NEWS 2013-03-28

The fact that he didn't die instantly is the most horrible part of the story. People so inclined are better off starting HIGHER.

Some people are determined enough to do it anywhere. I once knew someone suicidal that told someone who was on "suicide watch" that they would jump from the roof of the low building they were living in at the time and they were told chance are they would be horribly injured and have even more problems. The individual stated they would do it headfirst - something virtually impossible to do, so great are the psychological barriers preventing it.

A few days later, within minutes of being briefly left alone, that's what they did.

Edited by SteeleJoe

WARNING

There is a very popular sleeping tablet being used widely by westerners called Stillnox (Zolpibell, Zolpiderm). They have been reported lately as being used "recreationally" by members of the Australian Olympic Swimming team, which may be why they didn't do so well last Olympics.

The serious side to this drug is it can easily induce sleepwalking, particularly if used with even one drink of alcohol.

Ideally taken before actually going to bed, or even in bed, if taken before there is a decided risk of not being where you should be in the morning.

This is embarrassing as I have found out, and potentially dangerous, if you go for a walk outside as some do.

How or why they are used recreationally has not occurred to me yet, but if that is the case, its a bit of a worry.

I find them ideal strapped in to a seat for overnight plane trips where it is difficult to wander too far.

Falling from a balcony would be quite easy with this medication.

Agree.Most of the balcony jumpers either commits suicide or falls due to accident.The wild speculations among us farangs that many people are being pushed of the balconies are just baloney !!!

It`strange that the GF,hotel maid,security guys,receptionist etc.are ALWAYS successfull when it comes to trow a farang of balconies(after locking themselves in with the masterkey),never heard about a farang that survived this attempt and reported it to the police coffee1.gif ...........

I

Howwever, why come to Thailand just to commit suicide - much easier at home...