Brit, Dutchman, Filipino Busted In Bangkok Telemarketing Scam

webfact

• Replies 110
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Two Brits, a Dutchman, a Filipino and two Thais walk into a bar .....

And it isn't a joke. What is a joke is that anyone falls for these scams? Are there that many gullible idiots out there?

First arrest reported for a good 7 months now since the English boiler room bust ...the ringleaders were in Malaysia on that one well away from the fall guys!

Anywhere around cowboy and from soi 18 up you'll hear them before you see them on a Friday night bragging on how much they've made..even tried to get me into a margin on the Pakistan stock exchange one evening.They could talk I'll give them that...just pure unadulterated crap coming out and trying to sell to a salesman..still thanks for the beer Simon from Bridlington and your sidekick (the Stoke fan)...Next please!!!

Love the OP..............The foreigners are fiends...................the 2 Thais..........well they are just 2 guys with no suffix, no doubt salt of the earth guys that just happened to be there. Probably just popped in for a cuppa.

I had 500 bucks US lifted from me last Year at Siam Paragon, and discussions revealed, taxi driver, BIB rtc, including my wife, it must have been: insert Nationality here .....................except Thai :-)

Four Foreign Fiends Foning Fragile Foreign Fools For Fake.....................someone please help me out here. I have run out of Fs for <deleted>. Once sorted we can get to the Batpole.

• Like 1

Oh dämn. Does that mean my half million Gazprom shares aren't kosher?

Don't be silly. That stock is still good as gold, and should double this year. I know where you can get another half million shares if you are interested. Don't wait. Buy before they are gone.

I think he bought Gazzaprom, it's a slightly different company

less of the criminal foreigner around the better is.

good job by the police.

Personally, less criminals full stop would be better.

The sad thing is, that these scams often have tacit approval from BIB, so the real big fish are never caught. These are just a bit of the regular sacrificial offering.

of course every arrest of criminal foreigners happens because the police is so corrupt.

what a nonsense.

A member for 6 days and already 50 stupid comments per day. Probably senile!

Don't care ...

"ring ring" ... "hello?" .... "Sirs cans theys interests me in an oiling field we have? Yours can buys money for 10,000 punds and they will doubles yur money ins twos months. Give yous my bank accounts and me can get transfer yours money presently to start! Deal good for yous!"

They would have gotten as far as "Sirs cans ..." click buzzzzzzzzzzzzzz would be all the would hear. If you're stupid enough to listen to this crap you deserve to be robbed.

Well.... if there would be more normal chances to get a decent job, this might not be happening. If you would settle with 10k/20k a month, the Thai Law won't let you. Any company need to pay a lot for you and need to have at least 4 Thai on the payrole..... so.... what's left, if you try to provide your loved ones? I see farang guys robbing a bank, do a stickup and so on. IF they really after the BIG BUCKS.... well.... you better go home.

Crime does not pay. Good job by the police.

How would provide for your loved ones on 10-20k a month? Live in a shack by the side of the expressway. Eat only from plastic bags. Rock bottom state schools for your kids and no tutorial or extra mural activiites. Universal healthcare for your Thai famil;. none for you. No holidays for your family. No presents for your kids. Better not start a family, if that's all you can offer.

It's good that the police have arrested these fiends. Normally they don't care, if they are only ripping off foreigners. However, these must be small fry who weren't paying them off. It is business as usual for the big boys who own the bars and restaurants and the ones who ponce about at British Chamber of Commerce meetings, as if they were legitimate businessmen, claiming to be financial advisors.

Many of the big foreign owned bars and restaurants countrywide, as well as other businesses are built on money from these 'boiler room' scam call centers.

You have them to thank for the current hassle of getting a visa, as it was directly a result of their criminal actions and specifically these types of crimes that the Thais tightened the regulations on foreigners living and working here.

Quite right. A few bars in Sukumvit Soi 11, the GoGo areas, as well as certain Irish Pubs, etc etc. The network seems to be expanding.

Irish pubs? Which ones?

Know of a couple Thai's who were promised a job with PTT and traveling and 1 mill baht per month etc. They had to invest in the new positions of course and would get the 10 mil back soon and then would be getting big baht every month for life! If something sounds too good to be true,it probably is. BEWARE!

AND DON"T DEAL WITH FARANGS HERE!

good job by the police.

The sad thing is, that these scams often have tacit approval from BIB, so the real big fish are never caught. These are just a bit of the regular sacrificial offering.

of course every arrest of criminal foreigners happens because the police is so corrupt.

what a nonsense.

Are you reading a different post?

I did not say that, but maybe you are a bit new to what has been going on with this particular scam for a considerable time.

Therefore, your post is nonsense

Read more slooooowly ZhouZhou

It's good that the police have arrested these fiends. Normally they don't care, if they are only ripping off foreigners. However, these must be small fry who weren't paying them off. It is business as usual for the big boys who own the bars and restaurants and the ones who ponce about at British Chamber of Commerce meetings, as if they were legitimate businessmen, claiming to be financial advisors.

The ones that ponce about at the BCC claiming to be financial advisors probably actually are financial advisors.

I doubt very much that boiler room boys would go anywhere near a place like that. Nothing in it for them. They'd be much more comfortable shoving stuff up their noses in Nana Plaza.

The ones that ponce about at the BCC claiming to be financial advisors probably actually are financial advisors.

I doubt very much that boiler room boys would go anywhere near a place like that. Nothing in it for them. They'd be much more comfortable shoving stuff up their noses in Nana Plaza.

Nah, they are probably pseudo financial advisors. Not selling bogus stocks, but just looking for quick commissions.

The sextet had allegedly been running a telephone investment scam.

What's wrong with these people? Boiler rooms, sheesh! I miss the good old days when all these scams were run only by properly qualified bankers and stock market brokerages. :(

Many of the big foreign owned bars and restaurants countrywide, as well as other businesses are built on money from these 'boiler room' scam call centers.

You have them to thank for the current hassle of getting a visa, as it was directly a result of their criminal actions and specifically these types of crimes that the Thais tightened the regulations on foreigners living and working here.

Quite right. A few bars in Sukumvit Soi 11, the GoGo areas, as well as certain Irish Pubs, etc etc. The network seems to be expanding.

Irish pubs? Which ones?

Well one in particular on sukhumvit(work it out)where a well known Irish Bangkok identity recruited his boiler room staff from...made serious money as well!

Oh dämn. Does that mean my half million Gazprom shares aren't kosher?

Don't be silly. That stock is still good as gold, and should double this year. I know where you can get another half million shares if you are interested. Don't wait. Buy before they are gone.

If i buy the lot, do i get a discount. crazy.gif

good job by the police.

what a nonsense.

So if I understand your broken English. Thailand has no criminals amongst it's population and if they do it is all the fault of the falang. clap2.gifcheesy.gifcheesy.gifcheesy.gifcheesy.gifclap2.gifwai.gif Well done on being so perceptive.

Irish pubs? Which ones?

Allegedly the Dubliner on Sukhumvit 33 or 33/1, Mulligans on Sukhumvit 11 and another joint, Molly Malones in Silom were financed with boiler room coin.