Urgent Post From Uk - Thailand

chonabot

I need some documents sent to me from the UK pretty quickly and by guaranteed post.

I refuse to use DHL after they lost a valuable package of mine last year.

I got a quote of 65 UKGB from Fedex, but seems a little steep for a single envelope - 7 days service.

Does anyone use a service for this purpose ( UK-THA) - and can you let me know the cost/experiences etc please ? smile.png

Cheers in advance

I asked this question a while back for a debit card someone recommended dhl or ups can't remember which one but they seemed to mention £35 for delivery in 3 days I think that is pretty reasonable

Sound much better - thanks smile.png

I'll have another look using the search function.

I asked this question a while back for a debit card someone recommended dhl or ups can't remember which one but they seemed to mention £35 for delivery in 3 days I think that is pretty reasonable

i had an A4 delivered in 36 hours. Same price.

If you use FedEx use the envelopes rather than boxes if possible - seems to avoid the import tax con. However, I usually just use Royal Mail Recorded delivery - seems to work well in most cases, can insure too.

If you use FedEx use the envelopes rather than boxes if possible - seems to avoid the import tax con. However, I usually just use Royal Mail Recorded delivery - seems to work well in most cases, can insure too.

yes I have used Royal Mail as well recorded delivery last delivery cost £12 was there in a week

My Royal Mail post from UK usually arrives in 4-6 days. No special service, just ordinary air mail. Nothing has ever been lost.

Lucky you, here in Pattaya it can take 10 days from the local post office to the house if it arrives at all and I live pretty centrally. When we occasionally have a good Post Man I can get mail from the UK in 5 days so proves the system here can work if it wants too.

I sent birthday presents through Royal Mail Registered with Insurance end of November 2012 and they have never arrived. The tracking showed they were loaded on an aircraft but Royal Mail said all further enquiries should got to Thai Post. I pushed and pushed Royal Mail with whom I had the contract and all they did was send me a cheque for the insured based on an arcane formula bearing no relation to the real value inside, even though declared.

Deeply disappointed family in Thailand.

My Royal Mail post from UK usually arrives in 4-6 days. No special service, just ordinary air mail. Nothing has ever been lost.

Lucky you, here in Pattaya it can take 10 days from the local post office to the house if it arrives at all and I live pretty centrally. When we occasionally have a good Post Man I can get mail from the UK in 5 days so proves the system here can work if it wants too.

Yes I heard stories about this and seen how even EMS stays a day longer when sending something to Pattaya. Seems the postmen are too lazy to work or something.

Where i live i got the same postman always and everything gets here and fast too. He gets a bottle of JW red once a year as a thank you.

Yes I heard stories about this and seen how even EMS stays a day longer when sending something to Pattaya. Seems the postmen are too lazy to work or something.

Where i live i got the same postman always and everything gets here and fast too. He gets a bottle of JW red once a year as a thank you.

Where I used to live not more than 1km from where I now live we had a minimal of 1 delivery a day. Here at the new place we are lucky to get 1 per week. Items get stamped in to Banglamung Post Office and arrive at my door 10 days later..... Edited by RabC