New Cars Are Awful.

May be both for safety and theft. I had the kitty stolen off my xj6, and also had at least one of my Benz emblems stolen.

Playground folklore when i was a kid was that the Spirit of Ecstasy on the bonnet of Rollers would disappear down into the radiator if you touched it, to avoid theft. True or not i never found out.

• Like 1

My new c 250 merc is black with Amg body look cool to me better than the white or silver also my worker cleans it so no dust to be seen.

I would accept a C250 in any colour. thumbsup.gif .....................smile.png

what about a CLS? check PM.

As a Youngster, i liked the Potiac . Armstrong Sidley and Jaguar Emblems, the Merc looked like a Modified Tea Strainer to me, or a sight of an Anti Aircraft Gun. Still Does coffee1.gif

nowadays an elegant Benz dropped aiming sights wink.png

1-750%20star.jpg

As a Youngster, i liked the Potiac . Armstrong Sidley and Jaguar Emblems, the Merc looked like a Modified Tea Strainer to me, or a sight of an Anti Aircraft Gun. Still Does coffee1.gif

1-750%20star.jpg

Nice, it looks like my Civic.w00t.gif

Nice, it looks like my Civic.w00t.gif

my wife thinks it's a Honda Jazz tongue.png

May be both for safety and theft. I had the kitty stolen off my xj6, and also had at least one of my Benz emblems stolen.

Playground folklore when i was a kid was that the Spirit of Ecstasy on the bonnet of Rollers would disappear down into the radiator if you touched it, to avoid theft. True or not i never found out.

I believe that was true for safety reasons and theft. No proof though but I someone who had owned one and he said it was true.

I know people complain about things like this but if it avoids slashing a pedestrian open why not?

I notice that the only part of your post that's been addressed is colour which make me wonder if all the posters are women. Then it seems to have drifted to Mercs and their emblems So I'll try to help with some of the rest.

If you can manage to put your seat belt on you'll find that's one light and beep you've got rid of. Shutting the door will deal with another. If you can't put up with being reminded to do these things then maybe you're a bit over sensitive.

You'll probably find that when you reverse it's as much to warn others as yourself. Try standing outside while someone engages reverse. Having said that I do have a Nissan Elgrand (E50 First generation) in the UK.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Nissan_Elgrand

On that the reverse beep is only heard inside for some reason. As if I might not realise that selecting 'R' and seeing the scenery going forwards instead of backwards wasn't a clue.

As for the scratch magnet I can't help unless you buy an old one.

I'll leave the colour options to those who have an eye for those sort of things except to point out that black might be harder to see in the dark and might not reflect the heat from the sun.

If you can manage to put your seat belt on you'll find that's one light and beep you've got rid of.

Years ago on a visit to friends in the USA noticed they had there seatbelts clicked together 24/7, No beeping, they only undid them and put them on if they were going long distance..

Many years ago drove a friend Toyota Celica, the flashing lights in front of you would drive anyone crazy, as if you had no idea when to change gear, use the gears as a break the lights went daft.

Guess not very difficult to disconnect the beeps you don't like, remove the bulbs you don't what to flash, problem solved.

If you can manage to put your seat belt on you'll find that's one light and beep you've got rid of.

Years ago on a visit to friends in the USA noticed they had there seatbelts clicked together 24/7, No beeping, they only undid them and put them on if they were going long distance..

Many years ago drove a friend Toyota Celica, the flashing lights in front of you would drive anyone crazy, as if you had no idea when to change gear, use the gears as a break the lights went daft.

Guess not very difficult to disconnect the beeps you don't like, remove the bulbs you don't what to flash, problem solved.

You can just connect the belts sit in front of them although it's difficult to put them on if you see a police check. To be honest since front ones can save you from hitting the wheel and screen and the back ones from smashing your skull on the person in front I can't see any point in not just wearing them. I've been saved by them so I always do in front and back where possible. I've even got most of my family here doing it as well.

Back as a child a normal priced car came in every colour of black, only if you were better off was there a choice of 2 tone cars...

by the late 50's came many shades of white or off white, by the mid 60' Black was for funeral rides........ even here in Thailand appears that funeral rides.are Black Mini Buses and Van..

​No never had a black car, guess will be my last ride, but until then, NO, cannot see what is cool about black if you want something to get hot you paint it black, I would rather have a cool car, must be the in thing now as so many black cars and pickups about, not long ago almost all were Silver, maybe flower power will come back ?

attachicon.gifxjeff-koons-aston-martin.jpeg.pagespeed.ic.TBZYBtz9na.jpg

smile.png

You just can't do that to an Aston.

Black, the Sign of The Self Important. Most of my Thai Relations chose it. All thick as Pig Shit.crazy.gif

Many Thais refuse to own black cars, thinking them bad luck. I notice that is not a problem in Bangkok where the Thais are from this century mindset often. Self-important? I suppose a fully dressed out black shiny Nissan Almera with chrome everywhere, (as I've seen recently) might fit that description? Black is class. period. But for sure looks better on more expensive cars often, and not on every car model.

post-41816-0-11407200-1364706322_thumb.j smile.png

Black, the Sign of The Self Important. Most of my Thai Relations chose it. All thick as Pig Shit.crazy.gif

Many Thais refuse to own black cars, thinking them bad luck. I notice that is not a problem in Bangkok where the Thais are from this century mindset often. Self-important? I suppose a fully dressed out black shiny Nissan Almera with chrome everywhere, (as I've seen recently) might fit that description? Black is class. period. But for sure looks better on more expensive cars often, and not on every car model.

attachicon.gifdodge.jpg smile.png

And i'm hard to Understand. cheesy.gif .? You show a REAL CAR. Look out your Window, Just Jap Junk.w00t.gif

I notice that the only part of your post that's been addressed is colour which make me wonder if all the posters are women. Then it seems to have drifted to Mercs and their emblems So I'll try to help with some of the rest.

If you can manage to put your seat belt on you'll find that's one light and beep you've got rid of. Shutting the door will deal with another. If you can't put up with being reminded to do these things then maybe you're a bit over sensitive.

You'll probably find that when you reverse it's as much to warn others as yourself. Try standing outside while someone engages reverse. Having said that I do have a Nissan Elgrand (E50 First generation) in the UK.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Nissan_Elgrand

On that the reverse beep is only heard inside for some reason. As if I might not realise that selecting 'R' and seeing the scenery going forwards instead of backwards wasn't a clue.

As for the scratch magnet I can't help unless you buy an old one.

I'll leave the colour options to those who have an eye for those sort of things except to point out that black might be harder to see in the dark and might not reflect the heat from the sun.

Yes, I had noticed that it was only about colour ( and badges etc ).

I just get annoyed with the "nanny state" intruding into my personal life. Up till now, my cars were all too old to have such PC wankeries installed. I always put my belt on when driving, but I don't need a light to remind me, and it's damn annoying when I'm just moving around outside the house, when I'm not going to buckle up.

As for reverse, yes, a good idea for outside the car, but not necessary inside for those of us that know what gear we're in.

I guess it's just the principle that is the really annoying thing, as I loathe the nanny state PC rubbish that is inflicted on us nowadays.

Black and grey- both popular colours are almost impossible to see once dusk hits. As Thai drivers are notoriously loath to turn on their lights, they become extremely dangerous missiles on the roads.

I'd love to get stuck in with the wire cutters, but my wife wouldn't approve ( it's her car ).

• Like 1

I'd love to get stuck in with the wire cutters, but my wife wouldn't approve ( it's her car ).

Well untill you can persuade her why don't you try my suggestion?

Well untill you can persuade her why don't you try my suggestion?

Persuade her- thou don't know my wife muchly then,laugh.png .

I do wear the belt on a journey, of any length, but it's just the whole plastic, PC, cloned experience of new cars that I hate.

Give me an old car with wood trim and no beeping noises anytime.