Some Expert Visa Advice Please

I came to Thailand in March 2012 on a 1 year multiple entry 'O' visa which has been extended to 10 April 2013 when it needs to be renewed. My intention is to go to KL and apply for a 90 day tourist visa and then leave Thailand in early July at which time I will have had 800000 baht in the bank for 2 months.

I have 2 questions, firstly can I get the 90 visa on the same day in KL and secondly should I have any problem applying for the retirement visa/extension in July?

Thanks

Tony

So you are saying your extension expires in April but you will not have 800k into account until May? And you are asking about a trip to KL in July to obtain a non immigrant O visa? You do not need to go anywhere because once you get the money into account you can convert at immigration to a 90 day non immigrant O visa entry at the same 2,000 baht cost of a visa and you will not have to extend your tourist visa entry to do this.

Thanks lopburi, but I didn't say anything about visiting KL in July. Anyway, I'll rephrase my question. My current visa is up on the 10th April and I have flights booked to KL arriving 9 April pm and returning 11 April am. What do I ask for in KL (bearing in mind the time constraints)?

That was why the question mark - you did ask about KL and you did say you depart in July with 800k in bank. Still at a loss to know what July has to do with anything if not to get another visa.

You don't have enough time to obtain a visa with that flight plan. You will get a 30 day visa exempt on return if from a country allowed that..

So are you actually saying you have been using 90 day entries from March last year until April this year rather than an extension as you posted? If that is the case your going to extend in July as first extension using the 800k in bank account for two months? You will need a non immigrant O visa entry to do that (tourist visa can not be used) so that is what you should have obtained on this trip but unless you can change your flights it would not be possible due to need to submit in morning and pick up next workday afternoon. If you change flight best to go early as 12th could be a holiday (it is for government workers in Thailand).

Lopburi, as a Star Member and Global Moderator I'm surprised that you don't read these posts a little better. I told you that I came here on a 1 year multiple visa. I <deleted> up my flights to KL and was asking the forum if there was anyway that I could get a visa same day. I intend to go to the UK in July and I thought that I would mention that I was leaving the country then. I'm sorry that I confused you!

Anyway I'll just have to bite the bullet and buy a flight with Bangkok Airways from Samui on the 8th (I was also hoping that I could avoid this expense)

Thanks anyway

Tony

multiple entry 'O' visa which has been extended to 10 April 2013

Actually I took your word that it had been extended per above; so other information was not making sense as I tried to explain. Many people come here on multi entry visa but extend rather than make visa entries.

Lopburi, as a Star Member and Global Moderator I'm surprised that you don't read these posts a little better. I told you that I came here on a 1 year multiple visa. I <deleted> up my flights to KL and was asking the forum if there was anyway that I could get a visa same day. I intend to go to the UK in July and I thought that I would mention that I was leaving the country then. I'm sorry that I confused you!

Anyway I'll just have to bite the bullet and buy a flight with Bangkok Airways from Samui on the 8th (I was also hoping that I could avoid this expense)

Thanks anyway

Tony

I don't find your post altogether easy to understand from a clarity standpoint either.

Maybe it's just me and Lopburi3

Lopburi

Thanks anyway

Tony

It's not just him, you did a poor job describing your situation. Do you currently have a 90 day entry, or a one year extension of stay? If a 90 day entry, when does your visa expire?

I came to Thailand in March 2012 on a 1 year multiple entry 'O' visa which has been extended to 10 April 2013

Yes agree all a bit mixed up........

If the OP came with a 1 year Multi Visa to Thailand in March 2012, he should have left again before the end date for the last 90 days [1x 1 year Multi is good for almost 15 months] then done the 30 day extension which would have taken him to July without needing any other Visa...

So why the OP is going to KL on the 9th April ? have no idea ? also at a loss to know ?

Edited by ignis

You will not get same day service in KL meaning you will need to change your flights to where you arrive early enough in the morning to apply for the visa and late enough to pick-up next afternoon.

I suggest you get a single entry non-o visa based upon being over 50 for retirement. The cost will be RM220 which works out less than paying RM110 for a tourist visa and getting a 30 day extension from immigration (1900 baht).

You could then do your extension during the last 30 days of your entry if you have money in the bank long enough.

I came to Thailand in March 2012 on a 1 year multiple entry 'O' visa which has been extended to 10 April 2013

If the OP came with a 1 year Multi Visa to Thailand in March 2012, he should have left again before the end date for the last 90 days [1x 1 year Multi is good for almost 15 months] then done the 30 day extension which would have taken him to July without needing any other Visa...

So why the OP is going to KL on the 9th April ? have no idea ? also at a loss to know ?

What 30 day extension are you writing about? There are no 30 day extensions for non immigrant visa entries. They are only available for tourist visas.

Edited by ubonjoe

fly to Penang rather than KL

use an agent, apply for a non O visa ( if ur over 50)

they will turn it in one day an u will have it back by noon the next day

return to Thailand, put ur money in the bank ( 1st time only need stay there 2 months) near the end of ur visa apply for a retirement EXTENSION.

IF ur planning on leaving at any time after you have the non "O" visa make sure u have a re entry permit or the visa expires when u leave

What 30 day extension are you writing about? There are no 30 day extensions for non immigrant visa entries. They are only available for tourist visas.

It is a bit confusing ........... Siam Legal under 'Non Immigrant Thai Visa'

clearly state:

The first 90 days of a Multiple-Entry Visa will start with a date stamp in your passport upon arrival in Thailand. Each entry’s expiry date (89 days later) can be extended at an Immigration office in Thailand for 30 days at a cost of 1,900 baht, although most people choose to do visa runs (see a later section). If you make your last entry into Thailand immediately before your one-year multi-entry visa expires, you will actually get one year plus 90 days plus another 30-day extension in Thailand for 1,900 baht—nearly 16 months from when the visa was first issued in your passport. A multi-entry non-immigrant visa does not allow you to stay in Thailand for one year, a very common misunderstand¬ing. It only allows you to visit Thailand multiple times within a one-year period, with stays of up to 90 days. You must leave Thailand after each 90-day period.

The information in post 12 is correct. There is no 30 day extension option. If issued for marriage/child there would be a 60 day option and any entry can get 7 days to leave the country and if qualified financially with marriage or child there may be a one year option.

return to Thailand, put ur money in the bank ( 1st time only need stay there 2 months) near the end of ur visa apply for a retirement EXTENSION.

IF ur planning on leaving at any time after you have the non "O" visa make sure u have a re entry permit or the visa expires when u leave

I think the same day service in Penang is only for tourist visas. Not non immigrant visas.

I think the same day service in Penang is only for tourist visas. Not non immigrant visas.

well that's news to me an to the staff at the consolute as we just got a single non immigrant type "b" visa in Penang on the 20th of March for my GF; gave it to the staff at the Minigood hotel at night on the 18th,( they turned it into the consolute at 10am next day) had it back at 11:30 on the 20th and returned to Thailand that day

Edited by phuketrichard

The information in post 12 is correct. There is no 30 day extension option. If issued for marriage/child there would be a 60 day option and any entry can get 7 days to leave the country and if qualified financially with marriage or child there may be a one year option.

Yes that is what I thought, but the OP states he is on an extension, so I asked Google and 1st on the page was Siam Legal, simply posted what they say, thought as a Legal Firm/Lawyers they must have got the correct info. + my thought was wrong

Still a puzzle........... 'March 2012 on a 1 year multiple entry 'O' visa which has been extended to 10 April 2013'........

March to March = 1 year..... if he did the last boarder run would take him to end May or June 2013........ So did the OP in fact get a 30 day extension ? how is he on an Extension that runs out in April ?

I'm sorry that I have confused everybody, let me explain.

I arrived in Thailand on the 9th March 2012 with a multiple entry 'O' visa valid 1 year,

I made my 1st visa run to KL in June and then went to France in Sept, returning on 15 Oct 2012.

I then made another visa run on the 11th January to Myanmar giving me until April 10th in Thailand.

The next bit gets complicated: My lawyer has prepared an application for a 90 day business 'B' visa, which I probably no longer need as I think that I have sold my business. (I should know by the 1st April).

I would now like to apply for a retirement extension in June.

As mentioned previously, I cocked up my flights and think that I must now book another flight to KL on the 8th April as my flight leaves KL on the morning of the 11th.

Since I 1st asked the question on here I have spoken to my lawyer and she tells me to go ahead with the business visa and it will serve its purpose for the retirement extension.

To be honest, the timing is not so good as I would have liked to have waited until I knew for sure that the business was sold, is there anyway that I can delay going to KL?

Edited by delgarcon

You do not need to get visa in KL unless it is because of your lawyers paperwork/business as any consulate could normally be used for a single entry B visa application. But being over age 50 you should be able to obtain a single entry O visa at any Consulate also. You could also make any border crossing/return for 15 day stay until you know your plans for sure and you can even apply for a non immigrant O visa if you have the 800k in a bank account (without need for 2 months wait) and then apply for the extension after meeting the 2 month required.

You can also apply for an extension on any entry and get 7 days if not approved if you just need to get past the holidays (although they could ask for proof of travel tickets).