Pyongyang Declares ' State Of War' With South Korea - Agency

webfact

• Replies 249
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Luckily the U.S. State Dept. sent their "highest stature" envoy to try to quiet things down, but maybe he got the greeting wrong? Are you supposed to look at his shoes when you bow and curtsy?

B5D45FEAC7FADDF9A44825F2C8D77_h316_w628_

I understand that Dennis brought back a wealth of intel from his trip to NK. Although he was a bit reluctant to having the spy device removed from his anus as he liked the way it felt when he walked around. thumbsup.gif

I'll be very happy to debate the role of the US in helping to perpetrate many of the world's crises in the last century and this one. Start a thread! It's an issue worth spending time on, IMO.

DIG

Great, you want to bash the US which generally takes care of it's people yet refuse to acknowledge a country that treats its people in such a way that 1/3 of it's children have some form of dwarfism due to malnutrition and lack of care. Very disingenuous. Maybe personal beliefs, prejudices or pride have blinded you to true human sufferings.

As I said before China and Russia want nothing to do with this problem and are keeping well out of it.

China was the first to warn Nth Korea to stop the being aggressive and now Russia yesterday told Nth Korea to stop being aggressive and sabre rattling.

Now Nth Korea state after tearing up the Cease Fire agreement they are in a State of War. This is getting very close now, as we all know the mentality of the East (Save Face) we now have a heap of Military idiots in the threatening Nth Korea with their hand on the firing mechanism. Not good.

Remember the mentality of the Asians, I quote, "If you were not in my country, I would not have had that accident" Saving Face.

When will people get this? N & S Korea have BEEN AT WAR ever since the cease-fire, which is what it was, a C-E-A-S-E--F-I-R-E.................ONLY!! NOT a peace treaty! As for Kim Jung Un - he's certifiable. There's no negotiating, discussing, or even long-term appeasement possible. Not a remote chance. Until the pointy-headed pollyannas of the world grasp this simple fact, the destructive potential posed by the north and its threat to world peace will only worsen, and North Korean peasants will only get more hungry. And we can thank the Chinese & Russians for aiding & abetting this monster up until now.

As I said before China and Russia want nothing to do with this problem and are keeping well out of it.

China was the first to warn Nth Korea to stop the being aggressive and now Russia yesterday told Nth Korea to stop being aggressive and sabre rattling.

Now Nth Korea state after tearing up the Cease Fire agreement they are in a State of War. This is getting very close now, as we all know the mentality of the East (Save Face) we now have a heap of Military idiots in the threatening Nth Korea with their hand on the firing mechanism. Not good.

Remember the mentality of the Asians, I quote, "If you were not in my country, I would not have had that accident" Saving Face.

When will people get this? N & S Korea have BEEN AT WAR ever since the cease-fire, which is what it was, a C-E-A-S-E--F-I-R-E.................ONLY!! NOT a peace treaty! As for Kim Jung Un - he's certifiable. There's no negotiating, discussing, or even long-term appeasement possible. Not a remote chance. Until the pointy-headed pollyannas of the world grasp this simple fact, the destructive potential posed by the north and its threat to world peace will only worsen, and North Korean peasants will only get more hungry. And we can thank the Chinese & Russians for aiding & abetting this monster up until now.

I did read and hear some stuff from the Fox news brain trust and former millitary and Bush lackies saying that China is as frustrated with the 5'2"" midget with elevator shoes for threatening nuclear action against US and that South Korea would quickly decimate North Korea, even without US help, if North Korea invaded. The primary concern was about 1,000 conventional missiles might hit Seoul during process.

Not necessarily vouching for this. Just conveying what I heard today, albeit very limited coverage or discussion here.

Edited by F430murci

The US is moving some assets around.

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------

U.S. F-22 stealth jets join South Korea drills amid sabre-rattling
WASHINGTON, March 31 | Sun Mar 31, 2013 5:54pm EDT
(Reuters) - The United States sent F-22 stealth fighter jets to South Korea on Sunday to join military drills aimed at underscoring the U.S. commitment to defend Seoul in the face of an intensifying campaign of threats from North Korea.
The advanced, radar-evading F-22 Raptors were deployed to Osan Air Base, the main U.S. Air Force base in South Korea, from Japan to support ongoing bilateral exercises, the U.S. military command in South Korea said in a statement that urged North Korea to restrain itself.
"(North Korea) will achieve nothing by threats or provocations, which will only further isolate North Korea and undermine international efforts to ensure peace and stability in Northeast Asia," the statement said.

The chinese government is trying to keep their economy growing- and remain in power. Wars are bad for business smile.png

All depends on what type of war.

The saying,

"There's money to be made supplying tools of the trade"

Has been around for many decades & many have gotten filthy rich from it.

Many cite the billions & billions it has cost the US in their small wars. Yet the bulk of it

was paid to companies supplying the tools not the soldiers.

Edited by mania
  • Like 1

G.W. Bush was right about North Korea, they are a bunch of lunatics. They probably see i this way............North Korea 1 million in the armed forces............US 28500 in South Korea, South Korea? Hmmmmmmm lets ay they have 650,000 under arms well we still have more men so lets go get em.....Technology whats that, who needs that!!

You know they are so worldy wise they might just fancy their chances and although they have managed to put a nuclear device on a rocket yet, they could well drop one from a plane with disastrous results.

America is never as weak as what it might appear, North Korea get out the folding tables, clip boards and pencils and take note.

I'll be very happy to debate the role of the US in helping to perpetrate many of the world's crises in the last century and this one. Start a thread! It's an issue worth spending time on, IMO.

DIG

Great, you want to bash the US which generally takes care of it's people yet refuse to acknowledge a country that treats its people in such a way that 1/3 of it's children have some form of dwarfism due to malnutrition and lack of care. Very disingenuous. Maybe personal beliefs, prejudices or pride have blinded you to true human sufferings.

I think I've adequately acknowledged the shortcomings of the current and past N Korean regimes in my multiple posts on this subject. I said 'debate'! 'Bash' is your emotive response. Whether or not your other assertions about my motives are true will only come to light when you take up the challenge ... and DEBATE the subject. Start a thread. I can assure you my responses will be backed by good data from erudite sources. Many from your own citizens in trusted educational establishments. But perhaps you fear there is a lack of substance behind your rhetoric.

I'll look out for the thread.

DIG

• Like 1

DIG

I think I've adequately acknowledged the shortcomings of the current and past N Korean regimes in my multiple posts on this subject. I said 'debate'! 'Bash' is your emotive response. Whether or not your other assertions about my motives are true will only come to light when you take up the challenge ... and DEBATE the subject. Start a thread. I can assure you my responses will be backed by good data from erudite sources. Many from your own citizens in trusted educational establishments. But perhaps you fear there is a lack of substance behind your rhetoric.

DIG

Yeah, I'll get right on that. Better yet, why don't you start your own thread and do what you do best.

The chinese government is trying to keep their economy growing- and remain in power. Wars are bad for business smile.png

All depends on what type of war.

The saying,

"There's money to be made supplying tools of the trade"

Has been around for many decades & many have gotten filthy rich from it.

Many cite the billions & billions it has cost the US in their small wars. Yet the bulk of it

was paid to companies supplying the tools not the soldiers.

As the link below to The Financial Times points out, the CCP's PRC state corporate military industrial complex has not been snoozing during the past ten years. Beijing is now one of the five top arms suppliers to the world, almost exclusively to developing countries, but not always to developing governments. Failed or failing states are a particular delicacy of Beijing in this regard. Insurgencies buy a lot or arms from PRChina state run corporations as CCP officials in the government and in state corporations rake in the newfound BIG bucks and gain indebtedness on the part of insurgencies The U.S. typically supplies arms to countries such as Thailand, Israel, Jordan; Saudi Arabia buys 99% of its arms from the U.S. (1% from Pakistan).

http://www.ft.com/cms/s/0/c7215936-8f64-11e2-a39b-00144feabdc0.html#axzz2PDzoA8e4

DIG

__________________________________________________________________The following post is by dressedingreen in response to F430murci on 01 April 2013 - 01:23, said,

DIG

_________________________________________________________________________Again, my post begins below in response to dressedingreen

I see dressedingreen that your username doesn't have many posts so lemme say I think for an ordinary member of TVF to start a thread he has to pledge his firstborn son to a mod.

(I'd almost do that if the glitches could be precluded in my posts that respond to yours. This garble happens every time between you and I. I tried to just cancel my post entirely but couldn't even accomplish that.)

I'm back again because I see dressedingreen your name isn't even present with your post along with the posts of that merci and I.

Good grief! I just wanted to make a one sentence comment. Technical problems make the post a horror show which I can't even cancel.

Edited by Publicus

Hmmm.... I am going to presuppose at this point China is ruing the obvious fact they have a mad dog at their doorstep who seems intent to bring nuclear war next to China. I would strongly recommend that China do something to straighten out this lunatic, Dear Leader version 3.0 I think.

If war were to occur, and for some reason North Korea sent some ICBMs flying towards America, within a very short number of minutes North Korea would either cease to exist or be in a world of hurt at best. At this point I believe America has no interest in a ground war. So an intense one day strike using maybe tactical nukes or cruise missiles to take out most of their war machine would be my best guess at what is going to happen. In any event

this kid is getting some real bad tactical information..... :-)

I wonder if he can use the internet ?? Perhaps some research on his own would be tremendously helpful to him......

Here I will start by helping him a bit.

ESTIMATED NUCLEAR WARHEADS

United States 7,650

North Korea Fewer than 10

Edited by EyesWideOpen

On the 24 news channel this morning in OZ, was a message from the Sth Korean Prime Minister. She stated, in my words that if Nth Korea provoke the South any more, Sth Korea would mount an all out offensive against the North. She stated, in my words roughly, that her military and the people of the South had had a gut full and would put up with no more crap.

OZ news said, the US sent a couple of jets to the South yesterday, they are the best and allegedly the fastest in the world. The best the Nth Koreans have date back to 1980, Russian Sabres.

Hope all goes well for the little leader and his threats.w00t.gif

Edited by OZEMADE

From Drudge Report today:

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------

US Navy shifts destroyer in wake of North Korea missile threats
By Jim Miklaszewski, and Courtney Kube, NBC News
The U.S. Navy is shifting a guided-missile destroyer in the Pacific to waters off the Korean peninsula in the wake of ongoing rhetoric from North Korea, U.S. defense officials said.
The USS McCain is capable of intercepting and destroying a missile, should North Korea decide to fire one off, the officials said.
Still, U.S. defense officials insist that there is nothing to indicate that North Korea is on the verge of another launch.
The White House on Monday said the United States hasn’t seen large-scale movements from North Korean military forces in the aftermath of harsh rhetoric from the reclusive government.
...and...
Border Patrol
China mobilizing troops, jets near Korea
BY: Bill Gertz
April 1, 2013 2:30 pm
China has placed military forces on heightened alert in the northeastern part of the country as tensions mount on the Korean peninsula following recent threats by Pyongyang to attack, U.S. officials said.
Reports from the region reveal the Chinese People’s Liberation Army (PLA) recently increased its military posture in response to the heightened tensions, specifically North Korea’s declaration of a “state of war” and threats to conduct missile attacks against the United States and South Korea.
According to the officials, the PLA has stepped up military mobilization in the border region with North Korea since mid-March, including troop movements and warplane activity.

Rather than come to N. Korea's aid in any war, I imagine the reason for the rapid Chinese troop buildup is to prevent mass desertions over border by N. Korean soldiers. coffee1.gif

Plus turn back refugees.

My thoughts exactly.

On the 24 news channel this morning in OZ, was a message from the Sth Korean Prime Minister. She stated, in my words that if Nth Korea provoke the South any more, Sth Korea would mount an all out offensive against the North. She stated, in my words roughly, that her military and the people of the South had had a gut full and would put up with no more crap.

OZ news said, the US sent a couple of jets to the South yesterday, they are the best and allegedly the fastest in the world. The best the Nth Koreans have date back to 1980, Russian Sabres.

N. Korea has more modern fighter aircraft such as the MIG 23 & 29 variants, but in limited numbers. The big question is do they have up to date avionics and counter measure capability, that I doubt. The other question is do they have the necessary real time war fighting integration capability such as AWACS

Edited by simple1

S.Korea leader vows to strike back at North

AFP April 2, 2013, 7:21 am

Related Links

: NKorea says it is at war with South

: Russia warns over Korea escalating tension

SEOUL (AFP)
- South Korea's new president promised a strong military response to any North Korean provocation after Pyongyang announced that the two countries were now in
a state of war.

President Park Geun-Hye's warning came as North Korea's rubber-stamp parliament formalised the country's status as a nuclear weapons state and appointed a
sacked economic reformer for a fresh term as prime minister.

http://au.news.yahoo.com/world/a/-/world/16491880/n-korea-says-will-restart-nuclear-reactor/

Later on Saturday, however, Russian media reported that a

faulty translation might have been to blame for this apparent uptick in

bellicose rhetoric.

The North Korean original statement apparently
stressed that the country would act “in accordance with wartime laws”
if attacked
, and that “
from that time
, North-South relations will enter a state of war.”

http://willyloman.wordpress.com/2013/03/31/north-korean-state-of-war-declaration-is-a-faulty-translation-and-not-official-policy-statement-from-kim-jung-un/

North are poking and kicking and waiting for the south to react, then they can cry the victim. We wanted peace, just because we threatened to bomb US areas and the south didn't mean we were serious, geez I am but a child playing with all these toys.

N. Korea has more modern fighter aircraft such as the MIG 23 & 29 variants, but in limited numbers. The big question is do they have up to date avionics and counter measure capability, that I doubt. The other question is do they have the necessary real time war fighting integration capability such as AWACS

NK airforce is an outdated joke. MIG 29s??? MIG 23s??? US weapons can also hit them long before we are in their range.

"North Koreas Geriatric Airforce is a Harmless Joke Straight out if the 60s,"

http://www.businessinsider.com/north-koreas-geriatric-air-force-is-a-joke-2013-2

The oldest South Korean warplanes date from the late 1960s and early 1970s and form 51 per cent of South Korea's air power, while the Soviet- and Chinese-made workhorses of the NKPAF were developed in the 1950s and 1960s and comprise 78 per cent of North Korea's air power. Thus, the NKPAF is unable to marshal a three-to-one numerical superiority over the South, is antiquated and suffers from fuel shortages.

http://www.nationmultimedia.com/opinion/North-Korea-Can-it-really-be-a-serious-military-th-30196135.html

Back in 1984, the U.S. prepared a campaign plan that would have made possible the destruction of the entire North Korean air force in 100 hours. Retired U.S. Air Force generals say the military could do it even faster today.

http://www.foxnews.com/politics/2013/03/29/what-kind-attack-could-north-korea-launch/

Walsh said despite the rhetoric, the "war fundamentals" have not changed. North Korea would be obliterated by South Korea in the event of a war, with or without U.S. military support -- and the North Koreans know that.

please wait so i can tune in the telly, as it will be something to watch for 5/6 mins until the yanks fry them

I am sorry to say America will not do anything. They will go to the UN and just tell the North Koreans they are sorry and give up.

If N. Korea actually fires an ICBM with a nuclear warhead at the US or S. Korea as they have flat-out said? You have to be kidding.

Exactly. This is a tiny minded man with a little bit of power and a huge wine cellar. Perhaps he had a few too many bottles of Lafite Rothschild. He is pretty much a non factor. Let him bluster. That is all it is. He must be a bit desperate to be yakking so much. Why would the news bureaus give this so much attention? One false move, one four day war, and he is finished.

Sent from my GT-I9300 using Thaivisa Connect Thailand mobile app

Later on Saturday, however, Russian media reported that a

faulty translation might have been to blame for this apparent uptick in

bellicose rhetoric.

The North Korean original statement apparently
stressed that the country would act “in accordance with wartime laws”
if attacked
, and that “
from that time
, North-South relations will enter a state of war.”

http://willyloman.wordpress.com/2013/03/31/north-korean-state-of-war-declaration-is-a-faulty-translation-and-not-official-policy-statement-from-kim-jung-un/

Yes the Russians, not being a close ally of N Korea, are trying to tell Kim to chill out and accept the Russian version that Kim's statement was mistranslated/interpreted. The Russians no doubt are acting with Beijing in this attempt to get Kim down off the limb he's climbed out on. The snafu in this is that neither have any impact with Kim, much less clout. Beijing has reduced some small amount of oil shipments and made commercial activity very difficult at the border with the North, trying to express to Kim its great displeasure with his behaviors, however, it is likely Beijing and Pyongyang aren't even in direct communication with one another. It sounds like someone in Moscow is trying to do a favor to both Beijing and Pygongyang. And it sounds as ineffective as everything else in response to Kim, another a waste of time and effort. Kim isn't going to suddenly throw his arms in the air, smile, then say well everyone, it looks like I have a pretty stupid interpreter of English working for me here in the central offices of the high command.

This isn't even a good go at it by Moscow or Beijing. The situation of each, and now working together, appears increasingly pathetic and impotent.