Crash Helmets In The Road!

thenervoussurgeon

How often have you seen it ,a bloody crash helmet in the middle of the road,that some stupid moron of a motorbike driver has dropped because he had it on his handelbars rather than his stupid head ,yesterday i was happily driving down sukhumvit when there was one in front of me with the motorbike rider standing at the side of the road ,well i hit the bloody thing and dragged it for hundreds of yards untill i could stop ,get it out from under the car and throw it over a fence .,why wont they wear the bloody things? ok rant over.

• Like 1

There usually the passenger helmets that have fallen off. Would you like him to stop and drive back the wrong way to reclaim it?

I doubt you was driving a Ferrari..

Of course if it was done up it wouldn't have blown off, be it rider or passenger.

Sent from my iPhone using ThaiVisa app

In this case it was a good thing he wasn't wearing it or he would be toast. laugh.png

In most cases, they are the "for show, not for go" helmets that you get for free (no additional cost) with the bike, so they wouldn't be of much help even if properly strapped on the head of the driver or passenger. I would guess that at least 75% of the Thais on motorbikes actually wearing helmets are wearing plastic bowls, which will prevent them from getting a ticket, but not from spilling their brains in the event of an accident. But, by all means, rant on if you think that it will help....... I do hope that you mean "a bloody crash helmet" in a figurative and not literal sense.

Even while one is happily driving down Sukhumvit dreaming sweet dreams, one must still be careful of various obstructions in the road. TIT

If it's a helmet, then express outrage directly to the Pattaya's special Dropped Helmet police force. Get justice.

Edited by JSixpack
  • Like 2

Sometimes they just dont want to buckle it up, so the wind catches it, and there it goes. Just seems funny, that someone puts a helmet on, just so he wont get a ticket, then when they come over to the east side, they take it off! Couldnt they just wear it untill they get home, or are they afraid some of their friends see them, with it on, and laugh?

• Like 1

I have seen bikes running over a lost helmet, and going down many times. A prime example that government enforced regulations do more harm than good. Time to abolish mandatory helmets, also considering that these ill-fitting plastic thingis for 150 Baht don't offer protection, in case of an impact they get out of place or come off anyway. If you want protection, buy a bicycle helmet for the motorbike. They stay in place.

• Like 1

I have seen bikes running over a lost helmet, and going down many times. A prime example that government enforced regulations do more harm than good. Time to abolish mandatory helmets, also considering that these ill-fitting plastic thingis for 150 Baht don't offer protection, in case of an impact they get out of place or come off anyway. If you want protection, buy a bicycle helmet for the motorbike. They stay in place.

Bicycle helmets would not be any better than scate board helmets or construction site helmets or a plastic ice cream container even if cheaper and they did stay on the head. What they need first is a brain that needs protecting.

• Like 2

Bicycle helmets would not be any better than scate board helmets or construction site helmets or a plastic ice cream container even if cheaper and they did stay on the head. What they need first is a brain that needs protecting.

Unfortunatly it seems that not many motorbike riders in Thailand have said brain.

• Like 1

Even while one is happily driving down Sukhumvit dreaming sweet dreams, one must still be careful of various obstructions in the road. TIT

If it's a helmet, then express outrage directly to the Pattaya's special Dropped Helmet police force. Get justice.

I believe that the correct name is Shell Helmet In Transition ("SHIT") Division, in which almost all of Pattaya's Police are high-ranking, fully authorized (as in "full of ......") members. Get justice? Almost never......

Unfortunately many new visitors to Pattaya tend to "lose their heads" for one reason or another and this may explain why crash helmets are lost on the road,personally I drill a few holes in the base-for drainage-and use them as hanging baskets.........Pattaya in Bloom? biggrin.png