Royal Thai Consulate Penang Non-B Multi Entry

hi,

Just to let you know penang is now issuing again non-B multiple entry without any problem since KL doesn't do it anymore(or on case per case....)

Few of my friends got it since january 2013 but all of them have new work permits showing a salary of 50K/month while mine is an old one on 30K/month, all of us have a basic two million baht registered capital company(5 years old) with ourselves as director.

i also noticed all guest houses now state that multiple entry visas are available again so it's a sign that it's a change in the previous rule(minimum 8 million baht registered capital).

Cheers

post-55039-0-02836300-1364673957_thumb.p

so if u make less than the amount required or if there are less employes/work permit u can still get a work permit an than easily get a 1 year non immigrant B multiple entry visa??

Good to know.

I always thought to get a wp u needed to be paid a certain amount ( like 65,000 for Americans) and pay tax on that amount.

Can you elaborate a bit OP please? Could I hop over to Malaysia and get myself a working visa just like that? Would I then be able to apply for jobs or start my own business, mainly within graphic design?

Cheers

Below is a link to the lsit of required documents to apply for a One Year Multiple Entry Non Immigrant Category 'B' Visa - you must be already employed with a valid Work Permit to apply at for such a visa in SE Asia;

Penang is one of the very few SE Asia Consulates currently reported to be issuing non 'B' Multiple Entry Visas and it may be they will only do so if the applicant is ineligible to extend on the basis of employment within the Kingdom of Thailand..

http://www.mfa.go.th/main/en/services/123/15388-Non-Immigrant-Visa-%22B%22-(for-Business-and.html

Can you elaborate a bit OP please? Could I hop over to Malaysia and get myself a working visa just like that? Would I then be able to apply for jobs or start my own business, mainly within graphic design?

Cheers

Below is a link to the lsit of required documents to apply for a One Year Multiple Entry Non Immigrant Category 'B' Visa - you must be already employed with a valid Work Permit to apply at for such a visa in SE Asia;

Penang is one of the very few SE Asia Consulates currently reported to be issuing non 'B' Multiple Entry Visas and it may be they will only do so if the applicant is ineligible to extend on the basis of employment within the Kingdom of Thailand..

http://www.mfa.go.th/main/en/services/123/15388-Non-Immigrant-Visa-%22B%22-(for-Business-and.html

Thanks for the link, I don't have a B visa as it is, I only have an ED visa and yes I can speak Thai and do not abuse it. I guess I could go to Cambodia as they hand out work visas easily if I am not mistaken. That is when I feel Thailand has become too touristy for me, I already will not go to places like Phuket or Pattaya anymore, if my town/city I live in gets even worse (which it will), I will probably move to Cambodia in a few years time.

• Like 2

Cheers

The obligation of a work permit may just apply to Penang, because it says, that applicants "must be granted a work permit before starting to work". This point in time is definitely after the issuance of a visa. And if you do not start work, which always is the better option, you actually do not need a work permit. It also says: "is issued to applicants who wish to enter the Kingdom to work or to conduct business."

Or am I mistaken?

Edited by fxe1200

So my question is what are the main differences between my "extension of non b, single entry, with work permit valid until contract expires March 31 2014 and a Multiple Entry Non B.?

I have to buy re-entry permits to keep my visa valid if I want to leave and return. As most of us know.

• Like 1

So my question is what are the main differences between my "extension of non b, single entry, with work permit valid until contract expires March 31 2014 and a Multiple Entry Non B.?

I have to buy re-entry permits to keep my visa valid if I want to leave and return. As most of us know.

seems u already have obtained an extension and do not NEED to leave every 90 days but only report.

the link states this;

The visa fee is 2,000 Baht for single-entry with three-month validity and 5,000 Baht for multiple entries with one-year validity.

- Copy of Work Permit issued by the Ministry of Labour and alien income tax or Por Ngor Dor 91 (only in the case where applicant has previously worked in Thailand).

Would really like to know is ;

MY gf recently ( the 20th of March) obtained her non B in Penang ( single entry) she had everything needed except the above

she is now ( thru a lawyer) obtaining her work permit.

the place she works has capital of 5 mil and currently has 2 other wp's issued .

the other 2 employees are 2 other teachers at a pre school; one has a 1 year extension while the other goes to the states every summer and gets a new multiple entry visa

So , what will happen?

will she get her wp an than need to travel back to Penang to obtain a multiple entry non B and than need to leave Thailand every 90 days

OR

will she be allowed to get a 1 year extension ( meaning she does not need to leave every 90 days but only report)?

If you were a;ready in the country on a Non Imm B visa and a work permit, does this apply. Does the Thai Immigration not issue a Multiple entry B visa like before?

I usually apply for a single re-entry, since I dont travel that much, and would be wasting 3800 Baht or whatever it is for the Multiple today.

On another associated question, what is the minimum monthly wage payable for the 4 employees, on paper, cause my accounting girl says that from now on we must pay 8600 baht per person, as a minimum. This makes the Social Insurance premiums 3,440 Baht, vs the 2,240 Baht that I paid before. I checked with an HR person and they told me that the Thai Labour Law says that the minimum wage is only 1450 Baht. This is very conflicting information. But I understand that there are two type of minimum wages, one whereby Foreign company owners minimum to avail the Work Permit, and one as a stipulated minimum wage, that the general employee is entitled to.

I have been trolling the web for this info, but havent come across anything substantial, like a "Work Permit Law" or something. Any information will be much appreciated.

Thanks

C.F

Thai immigration has never issued a multi entry B visa - only Consulates issue such visas. From immigration you can obtain a one year extension of stay for 1,900 baht and if you want to travel obtain re-entry permit at 1,000 baht or 3,800 multi entry.

There is a minimum wage for extensions of stay under provision 2.1 for work (teachers are not under that provision) as below. For work permit labor office may also set a minimum salary but there is no fixed list (but same seem to now use immigration rules from reports). Immigration rules are contained in Police Order 777/2551

Nationality Minimum Income
1. European countries(except Russia),Australia
continent, Canada, Japan, and U.S.A.
Baht 50,000/month
2. South Korea, Singapore, Taiwan and Hong Kong Baht 45,000/month
3. Asian countries (except Japan, South Korea,
Singapore, Taiwan, Hong Kong, Cambodia,
Myanmar, Laos and Vietnam),South America
continent, Countries in Eastern Europe, Countries in
Central America, Mexico, Turkey, Russia and South
Africa
Baht 35,000/month
4. African countries(except South Africa),Cambodia,
Myanmar, Laos and Vietnam
Baht 25,000/month

The obligation of a work permit may just apply to Penang, because it says, that applicants "must be granted a work permit before starting to work". This point in time is definitely after the issuance of a visa. And if you do not start work, which always is the better option, you actually do not need a work permit. It also says: "is issued to applicants who wish to enter the Kingdom to work or to conduct business."

Or am I mistaken?

If applicants do not have a WP then they must first apply for one at Labour (does not require any visa) then use the WP3 applcation receipt along with the other required papers to apply for a Single Entry 90 Day Non immigrant Category 'B' Visa which is the best one can do with no WP in SE Asia.

• Like 1

great;

but why not just get a 1 year extension so u don't need leave every 90 days?

Don't you first need to get a non-B visa and only when it expires can you get a 1-year extension? I've never heard of someone arriving on a tourist visa or another short term visa and then getting a conversion (based on employment) to a 1-year extension that doesn't require travel. Correct me if I'm wrong, but I was always told to first arrive on a non-B multiple entry and then after 1 year you can start getting 1-year extensions. Edited by Tomtomtom69

great;

Don't you first need to get a non-B visa and only when it expires can you get a 1-year extension? I've never heard of someone arriving on a tourist visa or another short term visa and then getting a conversion (based on employment) to a 1-year extension that doesn't require travel. Correct me if I'm wrong, but I was always told to first arrive on a non-B multiple entry and then after 1 year you can start getting 1-year extensions.

If you quallify, you can apply to get a One Year Extension of Permission to Stay within the last month of any 90 day Non Immigrant Entry, which if you are proven eligible, would then be granted (or initially conditionally granted depending on the category) starting from your current 'Enter Until' date.

You don't need a one year multiple entry visa to get a one year extension, plus you can even apply with such a visa at the end of any 90 day entry, not just the last.

It's rare, but under certain circumstances you can also convert say a visa exempt entry to a non immigrant visa entry within Thailand if you are first proven eligible for a one year extension.

Or am I mistaken?

If applicants do not have a WP then they must first apply for one at Labour (does not require any visa) then use the WP3 applcation receipt along with the other required papers to apply for a Single Entry 90 Day Non immigrant Category 'B' Visa which is the best one can do with no WP in SE Asia.

Now I am totally confused. Do you need a WP when you possibly conduct a business and do not wish to work for an employer?

great;

Don't you first need to get a non-B visa and only when it expires can you get a 1-year extension? I've never heard of someone arriving on a tourist visa or another short term visa and then getting a conversion (based on employment) to a 1-year extension that doesn't require travel. Correct me if I'm wrong, but I was always told to first arrive on a non-B multiple entry and then after 1 year you can start getting 1-year extensions.
If you quallify, you can apply to get a One Year Extension of Permission to Stay within the last month of any 90 day Non Immigrant Entry, which if you are proven eligible, would then be granted (or initially conditionally granted depending on the category) starting from your current 'Enter Until' date.

You don't need a one year multiple entry visa to get a one year extension, plus you can even apply with such a visa at the end of any 90 day entry, not just the last.

It's rare, but under certain circumstances you can also convert say a visa exempt entry to a non immigrant visa entry within Thailand if you are first proven eligible for a one year extension.

Sounds easier than I thought. Thanks for clearing up the confusion.

Non immigrant B visa is used for both work and business visits - only if you work/plan to work in Thailand do you require a work permit and a work permit or application for one required for issue of the non immigrant B visa. For starting teachers even this is often not required if teaching paperwork is in order. If you are to travel on business to Thailand to source/meet/survey the overseas company paperwork (normally a letter of your travel intent) should be all that is required for issue of the non immigrant B visa.

• Like 1

• 11 months later...

Anyone have any good reasons why this Penang Consulate site isn't available in English? Do Thais get visas? [sarcasm]

http://www.thaiembassy.org/penang/

Below list from MFA- Any thing changed from this list ? Seems last time I needed 2 pictures...Do the copies need company stamp?

I already have a WP , Do I still need a W-P3 letter from the Labor Dept?

http://www.mfa.go.th/main/en/services/123/15388-Non-Immigrant-Visa-%22B%22-%28for-Business-and.html

2.1 Non-Immigrant Visa Category “B” (Business Visa) is issued to applicants who wish to enter the Kingdom to work or to conduct business.
(1) Foreigners who wish to work in Thailand must provide the following documents:
- Passport or travel document with validity of not less than 6 months.
- Completed visa application form.
- Recent passport-sized photograph (4 x 6 cm) of the applicant taken within the past 6 months.
- Evidence of adequate finance (20,000 Baht per person and 40,000 Baht per family).
- Letter of approval from the Ministry of Labour. To obtain this letter, the applicant’s prospective employer in Thailand is required to submit Form WP3 at the Office of Foreign Workers Administration, Department of Employment, Ministry of Labour Tel. 02-2452745, or at the Provincial Employment Office in his or her respective province. More information is available at www.doe.go.th/workpermit/index.html
- Copy of Work Permit issued by the Ministry of Labour and alien income tax or Por Ngor Dor 91 (only in the case where applicant has previously worked in Thailand).
- Corporate documents of hiring company in Thailand such as:
1) business registration and business license
2) list of shareholders
3) company profile
4) details of business operation
5) list of foreign workers stating names, nationalities and positions
6) map indicating location of the company
7) balance sheet, statement of Income Tax and Business Tax (Por Ngor Dor 50 and Por Ngor Dor 30 of the latest year)
8) value-added tax registration (Por Por 20)
- Document indicating the number of foreign tourists (for tourism business only), or document indicating export transactions issued by banks (for export business only).
N.B.

^, ^^ Thank you very much ... One more question, please , I haven't yet done the company 2013 year end stuff, which isn't due till end of April the accountant tells me- will they accept the 2012 balance sheet PND 50 / 30 ( whatever those are) ?

I will be going on the 8th April .

Thanks

• 10 months later...