Why Would Anyone Want To Live In Chiang Mai

goforit

If I hadn't made my life here 37 year resident, I would agree with you, If I were a young man I would be in Cambodia, Burma, Laos or the Philippines

This country has lost it's charm and the silliness of it's immigration rules and regs. My advise to the young, go north or west..

• Like 2

• Replies 200
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Love Chiang Mai, if not for the food than then the weather. I just wait till the Thais clean up or start acting upon the yearly many month process of burning, realize & act...pollution build up! In most do not see this happening, but can only wish.

Sent from my iPad using Thaivisa Connect Thailand

Love Chiang Mai, if not for the food than then the weather. I just wait till the Thais clean up or start acting upon the yearly many month process of burning, realize & act...pollution build up! In most do not see this happening, but can only wish.

I thought you wanted to leave.

You obviously mis-read. Or the inability to understand context.

This is a post from oz893, in the thread "2 Things I'm almost COMPLETELY fed up with", posted 2014-04-02.

Shes 35 closer to 36 now.

Her spoiled attitude is her stupid friends saying what things to buy. We're currently in a non-talking state. I go USA in 3 weeks but considering just staying there. So done with this BS of a country. And my financials in the US are all secure.

Someone could have a similar reason for not wanting to live in Chiang Mai.

As I said, out of context, Christ! Thought both sociology & psychology were requirements in college, well at least in American Unis. That was one day in a life...don't we all get angry at least one day in a marriage? Likewise, this country can piss anyone off at least a 100 days a year & yet still here. Stop following people around by words or trolling...use your literal intelligence & learn to read into what is as ref to a mood (psychology) rather than what isn't as an implied affect by a culture (sociology).

Think.

I don't have the data to back this up, but I've always suspected that young beautiful women willing to sleep with older men is a factor.

The ones willing to sleep with older men are rarely beautiful.

My wifes beautiful.

So is yours Trans.

If I hadn't made my life here 37 year resident, I would agree with you, If I were a young man I would be in Cambodia, Burma, Laos or the Philippines

This country has lost it's charm and the silliness of it's immigration rules and regs. My advise to the young, go north or west..

What is holding you back now other than fear and the law of gravity?

I bet if you had lived in one of those other countries you are recommending for 37 years you would be advising the young to go else where.

For sure making a silly 90 day report to immigration is a reason to go elsewhere.

You need to get out more I can think of a lot more sillier things than that. They have probably been around the whole 37 years you have been here.

I don't have the data to back this up, but I've always suspected that young beautiful women willing to sleep with older men is a factor.

The ones willing to sleep with older men are rarely beautiful.
BS

Sent from my iPhone using Thaivisa Connect Thailand

• Like 2

Most mature grown ups have long realised that most choices are personal and they are neither better or worse, it is what we have chosen for ourselves and it is a constantly evolving process. The woman, the job, the city, the life that we find suitable at 20 may not be the same at 40 or 60. There's no sense bitching about the things that can't change, if and when you're unhappy, it's up to you to take charge of your life and make it better. So many blame their unhappiness on others instead of looking at the mirror.

!

Exactly that.

However, sometimes you get lucky, in picking a place that evolves and matures fast enough to keep pace with your life. Indeed the Chiang Mai of 20 years ago isn't the same as it is now, just like I'm not the person I was 20 years ago that I am now. I feel incredibly fortunate that almost all of the change that happened in Chiang Mai is for the better, for the person I am now and my needs today. There are definitely places like Chiang Mai 20 years ago and not even that far away, but no way would I move there at this point in my life. Or in other words, being transported back to the Chiang Mai of 20 years ago would most definitely be a change for the worse. (Other than knowing where where to buy property. :) )

I just have to say my opinion..

I have been living in Thailand approx 8 years, Moved to chiang mai 1 year ago.

I have since day 1 complained about Thailand, and the horrible visa system. Absolutely hate it!

In regards of living in CM i feel that i miss the beach. ALOT!!

BUT.. Other than the beach and the crappy immigration office, i think its prettyy much perfect here..

The things thats needed to make it perfect have nothing to do with the place or the law or anything.. It has to do with me!

I need to understand the "thainess/culture" and learn the language.. Other than the few stupid words we all know..

If i did that i would most likely love it here.. Why ?.. Because i could get in closer contact with the locals, i would get a better understanding of why crap is crap, why i complain about it and so on.. And by getting in closer contact with the locals, who does not speak english, maybe i would appreaciate the country and its people and the real thai culture more..

Do i do any of this.. Naturally not.. Maybe one day.. Untill that day.. I will just keep complaining, about why they are all idiots..

• Like 1