Why Would Anyone Want To Live In Chiang Mai

goforit

• Replies 200
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Obviously started the post for the purpose of soothing the sour-grape taste in his mouth.

Oh, but WE'RE the ignorant, stupid ones....huh.png

Struck out with the women no doubt. Sour grapes and

low self-esteem, but hey! Thai-visa has a multitude of cure-all properties...smile.png

Hope your feeling better now.rolleyes.gif

I lived here for nearly 9 years before moving to another country last year and am only back to clear up a few loose business ends I had to take care of. Then I am out of here like a bat out of hell, with no plans to ever return.

Reading the posts I can see nothing has changed. Still got a bunch of miserable aholes attacking anyone for saying what they think if it doesn't agree with their narrow minded views which are usually wrong..

Anyway Goforit if you are reading this, I wish you the best and know you are in the minority of those who have the intelligence and smarts to call it like it is and make the right moves when you have to.

"On the third hand, I find that drivers of all vehicles have improved in the three years I've been here - now, it's almost like driving at home. How quickly they've learned!"

your from Peru?

Now that you say that... I forgot that CM used to be a place where people just couldn't drive. It's not anymore. I guess the increased traffic has a way of educating the masses... that, and Darwin.

I lived here for nearly 9 years before moving to another country last year and am only back to clear up a few loose business ends I had to take care of. Then I am out of here like a bat out of hell, with no plans to ever return.

Reading the posts I can see nothing has changed. Still got a bunch of miserable aholes attacking anyone for saying what they think if it doesn't agree with their narrow minded views which are usually wrong..

Anyway Goforit if you are reading this, I wish you the best and know you are in the minority of those who have the intelligence and smarts to call it like it is and make the right moves when you have to.

:cheesy:

All these posters today proclaiming how intellegent and smart they are, must be the heat causing delusion perhaps!

• Like 1

This is not directed at the OP, but more in regards to the comments made about Expat 'complainers'. Tbh, those people were probably complainers in their home countries, and most other countries they have visited for any duration. Some people seem to be born complainers finding fault no matter how many good things have taken place. Some don't even realise they are doing it..its just so natural to them. Once the initial novelty of something, someone, or someplace, wears off..the nitpicking starts. Honestly, for those of us witha generally more optimistic outlook these people can be such a drain to be around. What gets me too, is so often the gripes are insignificant. Often too these kinds of people may meet me and think I've never had any problems, difficulties, or disasters happen, when in fact I've had them in spades. YET I always remind myself things could be much worse, and am grateful for so much. To be perfectly honest I really just can be bothered with people at times...so many seem to be so far up there own nether regions that I wonder how they get about in life...

(Apologies for any major mistakes..written with my phone)

I would also like to add many of them are not missed at all where they came from.wai2.gif

I am seeing a pattern here. There appears to be a new ThaiVisa trend developing: whinging about the whingers.

Oh no! I've become the whinger who whinges about the whingers who whinge about whingers.

No doubt someone will soon complain about my incessant whinging about whinging about whinging.

T

I like this thread because it's impossible to answer...

Do you come from a city with no mountains, and you love mountains? Do you come from a place that is freezing? Do you come from a place that charges you $100 for a sandwich. Do you come from a place where you never see girls? Do you come from a place where you have to drive 1 hour to the nearest person....or store.....or it always rain....or always snows.....or too quiet back home........etc...!!!!!!

and most people who are mad at themselves will blame the city.....or people simply just tired.....or sick.....or drunk......or gf just left them.....or all the opposite so they are happy...

good luck with this thread.

:)

• Like 1

Putting aside extreme cases, like living in a war zone, one's heaven or hell—like the worlds of Dr. Jekyll and Mr. Hyde—is mostly in one's mind. Were it that happiness was so attainable as to found in a physical place. I fear the OP will roll endlessly from place to place realizing, I hope not too late, that a rolling stone gathers no joy, and that living only for oneself is as meaningless as a randy dog fornicating with a pillow.

T

Edited by Thakkar
  • Like 2

. . . living only for oneself is as meaningless as a randy dog fornicating with a pillow.

<wipes the sweat from his brow in relief at the realisation that as he is a randy human and not a dog it is still possible that his fornicating with a pillow could be meaningful>

Edited by Rasseru
  • Like 1

It is pretty cheesy for the OP to not tell us the name of the country where he is going. The only place I can think of in the region he might remotely be referring to is Malaysia, but there is a rather hefty bank deposit requirement for a long-term visa. I hear that Kazakhstan is lovely this time of year though.

'It is pretty cheesy for the OP to not tell us the name of the country where he is going.'

Actually, I'm grateful to him for not telling us. This way, if I happen at some point to be traveling in that country, the experience will not be ruined for me by the thought that he is there too.
wink.png

Cambodia? No wonder he refused to name this heaven on Earth with better transportation, medical facilities,internet/communciation services and shopping malls than Thailand. giggle.gif

I just came across this thread where the OP talks about his relocation plans:

"I plan to move to Phonm Penh sometime before the end of the year"

http://www.thaivisa.com/forum/topic/545923-trip-report-for-phnom-penh-cambodia/page-7

I have a client who is married to a Cambodian woman and they go there once every 3-4 years to visit family. He is quite a tough Australian guy but he told me that Phnom Penh is one of the most dangerous places in the world and you would not want to make a wrong turn into a dark alley late at night there.

Whatver OP's intentions may be, or where he wants to leave for are irrelevant. It doesn't hurt to ask yourself if you're happy here or not.

I'm often quite surprised how defensive people can get, by the mere suggestion that there could be a better place to live.

Not that surprising, really. For some people, moving here may have been a major life decision that may have involved burning bridges back home. Sometimes one doesn't want to confront the possibility that one's major life decision was a mistake. And let's face it, for some people, depending on individual circumstance, it may well be a mistake. Chiangmai is great, but it's hardly a panacea for all of one's life's ills.

T

• Like 2

I am happiest while I am in CM, it may not be for everyone...but it's for me...The pros outweighs the cons for me . . . . .Not to forget the dim sum @ Fujian...

Awesome, and Fujian's dim sum is not even the best in Chiangmai! :)

I pondered this same question the last time I was standing in the CM Immigration waiting room, surrounded by all the interesting people with vacant stares probably wondering the same thing. coffee1.gif

Sounds like a scene from Zombies. biggrin.png

• Like 1

I pondered this same question the last time I was standing in the CM Immigration waiting room, surrounded by all the interesting people with vacant stares probably wondering the same thing. coffee1.gif

Sounds like a scene from Zombies. biggrin.png

It's funny you mentioned that. As I stood in the immigration waiting room surrounded by all the people that had been summoned there by Thai Immigration law, I felt as though I was either in the "Twilight Zone" or on the "Zombie Movie Set." w00t.gif

• Like 1