Men's Briefs

teachertingtong

I remember buying underwear at the Shoreham M&S near Brighton and I said to the attendant as she was ringing them up: 'them pants cost 3 x at a saudi M&S than what they cost here...' and she looked at me puzzled and queried: 'is there a local market consideration that puts a premium on the value of mens' underpants?' and I said :'yeah, sort of, it's rapacious capitalism; if yer not satisfied with whats on offer at the supermarket then you have no other choice...'

and she looked puzzled and then said: 'will that be cash or debit card?'

I contracted at M&S HO for over a while (long while actually) - all the foreign (non-UK) stores (except Hong Kong and Canada) are franchises and can charge pretty much what they like - these days they are mostly not even stocked from the UK (comes direct from Asian supplier/local suppliers) - that was in an effort to reduce costs to the franchises so they could charge less (before that everything came from supplier to the UK was cross-docked and sent out overseas, sometimes back to the country that made it).

Buy them from e-bay as I did. Here's a link: http://www.ebay.com/itm/14-Fruit-of-the-Loom-Mens-White-Cotton-Briefs-Size-Sm-Med-Lrg-XLrg-/360515434427?pt=US_CSA_MC_Underwear&var=&hash=item53f064f7bb

The cost of $31.90 for 14 pairs including shipping comes out to less than 67 baht per pair. Even if you do find some you'll pay a lot more and spend a lot of time looking.