Murder Suspect Escapes To Sweden

PoorSucker

Mamood sounds more like a Muslim name than Swedish.

Pretty good deductive powers, ozzydom - you do us proud . . . until you take into consideration the famous Swedish explorers Sven Abdul Hedin, Carl Peter Fatimah Thunberg . . . and of course King Karl Hassan Gustav.

Edited by Sing_Sling

• Replies 153
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

It is a bit funny how people interpet the same story and leave out or add what suits them. I would recommend that a few posters here go back and re-read the OP.But the family pulled a very good scam on the Swedes as well as Thai Immigration to get their son out of Thailand

Precisely dear Watson. Important to remember rule to only believe half of what we see, none of what we're told or read and always consider motive. (How's that for native english)

Could be better actually.

With the help of Southern insurgents???

That's not an escape

That's an 'exfiltration'

Hmmm....

You're forgetting His Majesty's Swedish Government SSSSS (Super Secret Swedish Secret Service) working hand in hand with the insurgents/freedom fighters to exfiltrate Sven Abdul 007

• Like 2

The Swedish Government can, however, refuse extradition even if the Supreme Court has not declared against extradition, as the law states that if certain conditions are fulfilled, a person "may" be extradited - not "shall" be extradited.

The Swedish Minister for Justice will set a date by which a request for extradition must be received. The other state will be informed of the decision by the Central Authority. The time allowed for submitting a request must not exceed 40 days. If the other state does not present a request by the appointed date, the decision to use coercive measures will be revoked.

Nor may extradition be granted if there is reason to fear that the person whose extradition is requested runs a risk - on account of his or her ethnic origins, membership of a particular social group or religious or political beliefs - of being subjected to persecution threatening his or her life or freedom, or is serious in some other respect. Nor, moreover, may extradition be granted if it would be contrary to fundamental humanitarian principles, e.g. in consideration of a person's youth or the state of this person's health. Finally, in principle, extradition may not be granted if a judgment has been pronounced for the same offense in this country.

So, Jonis Mamood can be subjected to extradition to Thailand for the facebook-murder. In Sweden only for traveling with false identity from another country into Sweden.

His family can be subjected to face penalties only in Sweden due to dual criminality facts of procuring false identity and assisting a 'criminal' to flee from another country into Sweden.

Edited by Thorgal

"Swede"

"Swedish"

Mr. Mamood is giving real swedes a bad name. These moslem immigrants are no more swedish than I am. And of course it's a muslim who gets charged with stabbing. That's their forte so to speak.

The owner of the real passport, His brother was 2 years' old.

" He changed his appearance to look more like his brother", how do you do that exactly when you are 18? Dribbling Nido bottle and dressed in a babygro should have been giveaways for a false id, no?

Edited by Desiree2013

The owner of the real passport, His brother was 2 years' old.

He changed his appearance to look more like his brother, dribbling Nido bottle and dressed in a babygro should have been giveaways for a false id, no?

I think 16 years old, 2 year difference from the 18 year old with a problem. coffee1.gif

I remember the original story. This guy's as Swedish as I am. I can't remember exactly where he and his family are from. Was it Iran? Maybe someone else remembers. As others have pointed out if you're going to bail murder suspects what do you expect?

Edited by saroq

I discard the 'hidden by insurgents' bull....he crossed the border with his bros' passport....easy and simple

Same in Canada ( VanKong) use to be call Vancouver....the east indians use their family id to enter Canada multipal times, the immigration officers are East Indians..so easy.whistling.gif The Chinese do the same and of course go to the Chineese Immigration officerwai2.gif ...as for a born Canadian I am detained and questioned!blink.png For your Information there is no stamp needed on exiting Canada. The overstays get full medical and qualify for Social Assistance using the family ID. thumbsup.gif Our Medical system is failing, older Canadians seek alternative health care overseas, as for dentistry in Canada is 10 times more, for instance a crown in Cdn is $3K while in Bkk the 4 days treatment plus cleaning was $300!rolleyes.gif Also the treatment of "Heart Break"giggle.gif is easier here with so many single ladies whom to mend the heart, a fair exchange where one does not loose half of ones property only the cost of a couple days of Star Bucks coffee back home. Ya see there is a silver linning in Life..keep positive and positive events will happen..clap2.gif Thanks for listening....

• Like 1

Well, it works for Thai murderers to get to Cambodia, so why is anyone surprised about a foreigner doing a runner.

Of course, the next question, is why bail murderers;?

Because he's a "suspected" murderer.

Ok, why bail suspected murderers.

Because suspected murderers are innocent until proven guilty. There is usually a right to bail unless there is a good reason for withholding it, though typically it will depend upon the amount of evidence and the weight given to that evidence.

If every suspect was imprisoned immediately upon being charged there wouldn't be any space in the jails for real prisoners, also it would be very unfair on people who are subsequently not convicted. Unconvicted prisoners place a huge burden on the prison system as it is.

Edited by technologybytes

Mamood sounds more like a Muslim name than Swedish.

Can someone not be Muslim AND Swedish?

"Swede"

"Swedish"

Mr. Mamood is giving real swedes a bad name. These moslem immigrants are no more swedish than I am.

Is Mamood a fake Swede?

• Like 1

Well, it works for Thai murderers to get to Cambodia, so why is anyone surprised about a foreigner doing a runner.

Of course, the next question, is why bail murderers;?

Because he's a "suspected" murderer.
Ok, why bail suspected murderers.
Because suspected murderers are innocent until proven guilty. There is usually a right to bail unless there is a good reason for withholding it, though typically it will depend upon the amount of evidence and the weight given to that evidence.

If every suspect was imprisoned immediately upon being charged there wouldn't be any space in the jails for real prisoners, also it would be very unfair on people who are subsequently not convicted. Unconvicted prisoners place a huge burden on the prison system as it is.

Given the seriousness of the crime and his being a foreigner it is kind of odd that he was granted bail. The purpose of bail is simply to ensure you appear in court and one of the main considerations in granting bail is to determine if you can be trusted to return to court. The fact he is a foreigner makes him a huge flight risk and typically bail is not granted. Add to the fact the charge is murder and the sentence could be severe, it adds even more to his being a flight risk. His likely guilt has little to do with it as there hasn't been a trial and he is innocent until proven guilty but there is obvious evidence and likelihood he committed the crime and this allowed for the arrest. The fact it is a murder charge and the circumstances surrounding the murder also make it strange he got bail as he may be a risk to the public. So, I am a bit perplexed as to why he received bail too. The only thing that comes to mind is his age.

There were reports he was 17 at the time of the crime and this may actually be true since it is common to give somebody's age in Thailand as the age they will be this calendar year and not their actual age on a specific date. Although kids as young as 7-years old can be held criminally responsible for serious crimes, the courts work differently for people under 20-years old and even more so for those 15 to 18 and even more differences for those 7 to 14. So, I can only assume he got bail because of his age.

I don't know the kid but hope this was just a tragic mistake and one he will never come close to repeating because I highly doubt he will ever be held accountable. I can only hope too that he comes from a good family who will work out some sort of payment to the victim's family as well as get their kid any help he may need to be a productive member of society. Sad this kid may have thrown away his life but more sad he took away somebody else's life.

The 18-year-old is unlikely to be extradited to Thailand because of the death penalty.

Let's see is Sweden does a better job than the UK re: Lee Aldhouse.

He will be granted political asylum.

I'm missing something . . . why would he get political asylum in Sweden???? mellow.png

The 18-year-old is unlikely to be extradited to Thailand because of the death penalty.

I'm missing something . . . why would he get political asylum in Sweden???? mellow.png

Anyone with the proper background for that. Now i could explain proper background but then my post will be delted. Im sorry i dont make sense, im rather heat crazed at the moment, please bare with me.

Anyone with the proper background for that. Now i could explain proper background but then my post will be delted. Im sorry i dont make sense, im rather heat crazed at the moment, please bare with me.

Not a problem. The guy has Swedish citizenship, so asylum is moot. Basically he is home free unless Thailand asks for extradition and their charges don't carry the death penalty

Not a problem. The guy has Swedish citizenship, so asylum is moot. Basically he is home free unless Thailand asks for extradition and their charges don't carry the death penalty

The passport he traveled on might belong to someone with swedish citizenship, i dont now about the traveller. Sweden has no extradation treaty with thailand.

The passport he traveled on might belong to someone with swedish citizenship, i dont now about the traveller. Sweden has no extradation treaty with thailand.

Nope, he traveled on his own passport into the country and out on his brother's - they hold Swedish citizenship . . . and one doesn't need an extradition treaty to request and get extradition proceedings under way. There is no such thing as being granted asylum in one's own country.

It's up to the Thais to request it and assure the Swedes that the death penalty will not be sought