Murder Suspect Escapes To Sweden

PoorSucker

Is it that easy to find and contact insurgents in the South?

if so why can, the Govt ., not find them ?

Reason being that Thai Govt Agencies simply lack Swedish passports ... maybe a new business field for the really talented ...

• Replies 153
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Who in there right mind would travel to Narathiwat province, much easier to cross from Satun province on the boat.

It's a very dangerous area.

The province has police/army stops that compare to say somewhere like

Iran.

When the deputy prime minster's son did this trip it was a long time ago

and much easier to get away with then, and he went across through the

jungle.

He would stick out like a sore thumb as no other white people in the

area, who in there right mind would do this.

Classic bullxxxx story, hard ever to know the truth, but it sounds like a

story designed too _________

I wish I could say

It is very save to fly to Hatyai and then continue the travel to Yala, Narathiwat and Pattani as they are very save to travel during day time. The army returns to the barracks after 7pm every day but my guess is he entered Malaysia from Hatyai and the insurgents had no need to hide him.

This whole story is rubbish. He took a flight to Hatyai and rent a car to the Malaysian border (Sadao) by entering the Malaysian state of Kedah. Border oprns early morning with a lot of visa run vans and buses that are on the way to Penang.

This whole issue that he was helped by the insurgents in the deep South is totally rubbish and a blame game.

I went the same route just 18 months ago and also I passed several security checks, most of the low ranked soldiers were from Isaan so I talked to them for a while in the Isaan dialect and they waved me through. I did have some problems with some young Muslim's when I stopped opposite the Yala mosque and had some Malay food. They clearly didn't liked me and asked me what I am doing in the South, so I reponsed to them "Tidak adah masalak, saya jumpah orang fren" (No problem I am visiting an old friend of my) and they ignored me.

At night the insurgents are in action but at day time the army has control in the South.

All the Swedish kid did was using the same route as hundreds of us do for a visa run.

• Like 2

Well, it works for Thai murderers to get to Cambodia, so why is anyone surprised about a foreigner doing a runner.

Of course, the next question, is why bail murderers;?

Simply because he is not a murderer... he's a suspected murderer. Big difference.

To all those who say his fleeing makes him look guilty, no it simply shows that he had no faith in the Thai legal system, who can blame him?

"Insurgents in the south". Come on, get real. This is just another blatant attempt to stir up trouble and spice up an otherwise bland story.

• Like 2

Isn't it refreshing for you to quote the OP instead of the nonsense you wrote . . . which is what I was alluding to.

Quite disingenuous, really

Please do read my post once again and comprehend what I actually said. First, the quatation which is put to my name is only partly mine. I don't know if this is a problem of the platform or you did it on purpose.

I said that the the embassy was involved to help the brother who did not have passport. That's the duty of the embassy. I did not say that the embassy helped the alleged murderer.

I'm sorry. I will not continue this talk as it's pretty much useless. I wish you all the best in the future.

This is a tragedy for sure. Young people ruining there lives for what?

I hope we can get some more information on why Muslim "insurgents" (terrorists) are helping this family out and who in the Thai government is complicit in a murders escape. I know it is common for rich people to get bail for murder but I would "follow the money" and look at the prosecutor and police very closely, just to make sure nothing illegal on their part contributed to the escape. It may not be obvious to the police but there may have been a conspiracy carefully orchestrated by the suspect's family.

The only thing positive to come out of this is that young Mamood may have to spend the rest of his life in Sweden and will not be available to participate in the civil war in the South.

Being that the kid's last name is Mamood a Musluim name, I would suspect that possibility that he had family connections if not religious connections to the insurgents. That could explain the reason for taking that route.

This guy's origin is mideastern ....not thai...

I would bet that he is christian too...many christians in the middle east have 'muslim' surnames ....

In the Swedish newspaper they wrote that he is Muslim

I discard the 'hidden by insurgents' bull....he crossed the border with his bros' passport....easy and simple

​Exactly why would he need the assistants of insurgents? I've seen this method used a lot on Nat Geos Locked up abroad.

Have any of you considered that this guy might be innocent, he's never stood trial, and from what I've heard over the years a Thai trial is farcical, I should imagine he was released due to insufficient evidence to hold him, and his passport was being held while the investigation was ongoing. I think if I was in his shoes (and innocent) I wouldn't let the Thai justice system decide my fate either.

Why cross to Malaysia? Well it's the only bordering Country with direct flights to Sweden, imagine having to cross 2 borders or stop at a foreign airport waiting in transit, not good for the nerves that, I think this was very well planned and a smart move, what's the background to the Thai person that he supposedly stabbed?

• Like 1

Who in there right mind would travel to Narathiwat province, much easier to cross from Satun province on the boat.

Iran.

jungle.

I wish I could say

Didn't you see the picture? He's has a Swedish passport but is not ethnically Swedish. He could fit in there if he wanted to - he looks middle eastern or Asian....

A post which contravenes the rules has been removed as well as multiple replies. When you know that a post violates the rules, it's not a wise idea to quote the post as your post will get deleted as well.

The 18-year-old is unlikely to be extradited to Thailand because of the death penalty.

Let's see is Sweden does a better job than the UK re: Lee Aldhouse.

Why they extradited Lee back to Thailand a few weeks back took a while as it usually does but hope he gets life

Iran.

jungle.

I wish I could say

Didn't you see the picture? He's has a Swedish passport but is not ethnically Swedish. He could fit in there if he wanted to - he looks middle eastern or Asian....

Parents from Iran

I suspect that this story ihas been distorted to save face. I do not think that there was any involvement of "insurgents" and this is just embelishment to save face on the checkpoint controls. In order to fly out of Malaysia he would have to have gone through Thai exit immegration at the border as the airlines would not have accepted his passport without the exit Thailand and entry Malaysian chops. My family hails from Pattani and there is absolutely no problem with the military check points and road checks with regard to falangs. I have driven through dozens of these over the years without incident. It is common knowledge that border controls on both the East and West coast are lax and farcical at best

Nobody would wish for any criminal to escape justice, especial for a violent and brutal crime, however, I can understand the concerns and actions of his family as justice and or civil rights is not a comodity that one can apply to this country in any liberal sense. I also agree with an earlier post that begs the question as to further action on behalf of the Swedish Government for flagrant passport abuse and violations.which would appear to have been instigated by the family. Surely this has to be viewed as a most serious issue.

• Like 2

Charge then with Perverting the course of justice for a start. Dad is still in country.

Seek extradition for mommy and daddy

What makes you say that the father is still in Thailand? From the OP:

According to Aftonbladet the 16-year-old brother immediately flew to Sweden from Thailand with his new passport. The father went with a later flight.

Well, it works for Thai murderers to get to Cambodia, so why is anyone surprised about a foreigner doing a runner.

Of course, the next question, is why bail murderers;?

Simply because he is not a murderer... he's a suspected murderer. Big difference.

To all those who say his fleeing makes him look guilty, no it simply shows that he had no faith in the Thai legal system, who can blame him?

"Insurgents in the south". Come on, get real. This is just another blatant attempt to stir up trouble and spice up an otherwise bland story.

Well ok, spilt hairs, accused murderer. In the same situation, I would do the same.

There are too many stories of hired guns chilling out in Cambodia for it to be completely untrue

Edited by Thai at Heart

It is a bit funny how people interpet the same story and leave out or add what suits them. I would recommend that a few posters here go back and re-read the OP.But the family pulled a very good scam on the Swedes as well as Thai Immigration to get their son out of Thailand

Thai immigration yes. Swedes, probably no. I would guess they were fully aware of the situation.

By the time Sweden embassy was involved, they had to get the brother of the murder suspect out of the country. I believe that is their duty.

You are saying that it wasn't a scam on the Swedes? You don't think they were surprised that the young brother of suspected murderer happen to "loose his passport" and that the whole family was there?

What I think is that the Swedish consulate understood very well what is going on, when the younger brother reported the passport lost. They can calculate 1+1 and figure out that the alleged murderer has left the country with brother's passport.

At this point they issued a new passport for the brother. Just the way any embassy should do. They were not helping the alleged murderer. They were helping their citizen who did not have valid travel document in a foreign country.

It is a bit funny how people interpet the same story and leave out or add what suits them. I would recommend that a few posters here go back and re-read the OP.But the family pulled a very good scam on the Swedes as well as Thai Immigration to get their son out of Thailand

Thai immigration yes. Swedes, probably no. I would guess they were fully aware of the situation.

By the time Sweden embassy was involved, they had to get the brother of the murder suspect out of the country. I believe that is their duty.

You are saying that it wasn't a scam on the Swedes? You don't think they were surprised that the young brother of suspected murderer happen to "loose his passport" and that the whole family was there?
What I think is that the Swedish consulate understood very well what is going on, when the younger brother reported the passport lost. They can calculate 1+1 and figure out that the alleged murderer has left the country with brother's passport.

At this point they issued a new passport for the brother. Just the way any embassy should do. They were not helping the alleged murderer. They were helping their citizen who did not have valid travel document in a foreign country.

The fault lies with Thai border control and Immigration. And whoever gave him bail. Edited by Thai at Heart

It is suspected to have been helped by the Muslim insurgents to escape Thailand.
Now he is unlikely to face imprisonment in Southeast Asia.

Nor in Europe. Prisons there are more comfortable than many hotels in SEA. --clap2.gif

Edited by metisdead
: Bold font removed.

You'd think that any foreigner with the same last name as a suspect wanted for murder would be detained for some form of "definitive verification", wouldn't you? This was one suspect that surely shouldn't have gotten away, if in fact guilty, with murder.

Charge then with Perverting the course of justice for a start. Dad is still in country.

Seek extradition for mommy and daddy

What makes you say that the father is still in Thailand? From the OP:

>According to Aftonbladet the 16-year-old brother immediately flew to Sweden from Thailand with his new passport. The father went with a later flight.

Thailand could seek extradition from the Swedes

The 18-year-old is unlikely to be extradited to Thailand because of the death penalty.

I don't see why he will not be extradited, just as Lee Aldhouse was. He'll be back.

I don't see why he will not be extradited, just as Lee Aldhouse was. He'll be back.

What if he didn't return to Sweden but went to some place like Iran instead. Then, he's gone forever.

I am sure Sweden will return the suspect to Thailand. Sweden is a democratic country and its people have a keen sense of justice and fairness. Its legal system is one of the best in the word and is internationally renowned for going through great length to seek justice for all. What better example than the attempt by the justice system of Sweden to bring Julian Assange to justice. The country has spend an enormous amount of time and money to bring Assange to the United States, I mean Sweden, to answer for his crimes. Rest assured fellow Thai Visa readers, Sweden will do the right thing.

clap2.gif

Edited by does
  • Like 2

I am sure Sweden will return the suspect to Thailand. Sweden is a democratic country and its people have a keen sense of justice and fairness. Its legal system is one of the best in the word and is internationally renowned for going through great length to seek justice for all. What better example than the attempt by the justice system of Sweden to bring Julian Assange to justice. The country has spend an enormous amount of time and money to bring Assange to the United States, I mean Sweden, to answer for his crimes. Rest assured fellow Thai Visa readers, Sweden will do the right thing.

lol......you should add the /sarc off/ at the end......many folks will think that you are serious!laugh.png

Thanks Vinniekintana. I think most people get the sarcasm but I added a clap2.gif just to be sure...

Edited by does
  • Like 2