Phuket: Sydictive Boss Sues T V Talk Show Host Woody

Lite Beer

Phuket: Sydictive boss sues TV talk show host Woody

BANGKOK: The seemingly never-ending story of Sydictive Element Co and its much criticised New Year party on Patong Beach has taken another turn with the launching of more defamation suits.

Top talk show host in the legal firing line: Wuthitorn “Woody” Milinthajinda. Photo Thai Government
The suits include one against one of Thai TV’s best-known talk show hosts, Wuthitorn “Woody” Milinthajinda.

Salaes Kumuda, a representative of the legal team employed Sydictive Element CEO Jirat “Champ” Petchnunthawong, team told The Phuket News on Friday (March 29) that Mr Jirat has decided to sue Anandadvip “Chai” Jayangkura, the owner of Anandadvip International Co, along with Mr Wuthitorn and Chalermpon “Jack” Thikamponteerawong over things that were said in an episode of the talk show Woody last month.

Mr Jirat has already launched defamation suits for “at least B100 million” against Mr Anandadvip and others who held a press conference on March 6 at the Royal Thai Police Crime Suppression Division in Bangkok.

“There are two separate cases, both of them cases of defamation,” Mr Salaes told The Phuket News. One involves the press conference in March and the other is the talk show.”

“We have launched suits against all the people involved in the two cases apart from the Russian customer [who complained during the press conference about the VIP seats at the show]. We are searching for his exact name and address, then we will sue him, too, for defamation.”

Mr Anandadvip, after the first defamation suit was fired at him, said he was not surprised. He told The Phuket News, “Reality is always reality. I knew before I started that he would sue me. I’m not worried because I have enough evidence and witnesses to prove that what I said was true.”

It is not yet known when, or even if, the defamation suits will go to court. Defamation suits are routinely used in Thailand, particularly in politics, as a way to gag critics and opponents.

Mr Wuthitorn, whose show airs on Channel 9, was named Television Host of the Year last Tuesday (March 26) at the Nine Entertain Awards.

Of the lawsuit, he told the Bangkok Post, “Taking legal action is a huge headache and could take five or six years. I would rather Champ pursue the matter with all the other people he says he wants to sue.

“Jack and I are just TV hosts who do not wish anyone any harm. We are merely presenting stories in the news for viewers’ entertainment.”

He added, “I have a new variety show and have to travel the world. I don’t have time to attend court, so if you [Jirat] sue me I won’t turn up.”

Source: http://www.thephuketnews.com/sydictive-boss-sues-tv-talk-show-host-woody-38296.php

tpn.jpg
-- Phuket News 2013-03-31

For the longest time I couldn't find out what this talk show host did to infuriate the young champ, but I came across something where the talk show host basically laid out the facts of the fiasco, how a lot of promises were made about headliners, vip perks etc. that never happened. Good thing Dad got the banks to sponsor.

His lame idea didn't work out, so now he'll sue anyone who speaks the truth about what a fiasco it was. Pretty sad...

Maybe the OP heading should be "Vindictive Boss Sues TV Talk Show Host Woody" instead of "Syndictive Boss Sues TV Talk Show Host Woody" :) :)