Epl Player Of The Year Who Do You Think And Why?

stewyk71

if you remove external issues it's suarez. but i don't think he'll get it. his figures this season are ridiculous.

carrick is an interesting shout nev but a bit too considered for this sort of headliney nonsense.

three most impactful players have been bale, suarez and van persie by a mile. van persie will probably get it simply for helping united win the title. gerrard's had an amazing season by the way but won't get much credit for it. arguably my favourite player to watch has been cazorla.

Nah - vanP has not dominated the scorers list nor scored a hatful of stunning goals this year. Last year he seemed to be untouchable whereas this year he has had games where he has been nondescript. It'll be Bale or Suarez with the latter being the popular choice on terraces and Bale the popular choice with the upstanding football administration types. I reckon the working football journos would go for Suarez. Who chooses?

Who chooses? Good question I don't know. Is it the best and fairest award,or just the best because Suarez would win the best.sorry to say. Has a Goalkeeper won this award? Carrick is a good choice Nev I'm not sold on one player yet , Bale i like to watch and Van persie is class in front of goal should be close

there are two awards, the PFA award (voted for by the players) and the football writers' award, which is voted for by journalists at the end of the season.

the flaw in the system is that the PFA one gathers its votes in about february or even late january or something daft. so the player of the season isn't based on a season. for that reason alone i think that van persie will get the PFA one because he was on fire up until about february or so. the writers' one will probably be between bale and suarez.

good nods to vertonghen, baines, michu, carrick etc. number of players have had really good seasons but aren't particularly celebrated or headline-grabbers.

also telling that there isn't one single man city player getting a mention in this discussion.

I think the Football Writers' Award is a better judgement for player of the year. Voting is always going to be skewed with players, they don't get to see as much football as writers, and on a whole are a less intelligent bunch.

Edited by BangrakBob

• Replies 77
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

also telling that there isn't one single man city player getting a mention in this discussion.

If Aguero and Kompany had been without an injury, I'd have given them a shout. But to be honest, the fact that we are still second and no individual is standing out actually gives me a positive in that the team are playing as a team. Almost all of those mentioned are individuals from teams that to be honest would suffer without them.

How would these teams permormed? Liverpool without Suarez, Spurs without Bale, Swansea without Michu and that one man band team United without RVP tongue.png

If Aguero and Kompany had been without an injury, I'd have given them a shout. But to be honest, the fact that we are still second and no individual is standing out actually gives me a positive in that the team are playing as a team. Almost all of those mentioned are individuals from teams that to be honest would suffer without them.

How would these teams permormed? Liverpool without Suarez, Spurs without Bale, Swansea without Michu and that one man band team United without RVP

That's bloody desperation mrboj....I almost feel sorry for Silva. :D

How would these teams permormed? Liverpool without Suarez, Spurs without Bale, Swansea without Michu and that one man band team United without RVP

That's bloody desperation mrboj....I almost feel sorry for Silva. biggrin.png

I would think being a one man team is a tad more desperate smokes, don't you?

As for Silva, he hasn't played half as good as last year.

How would these teams permormed? Liverpool without Suarez, Spurs without Bale, Swansea without Michu and that one man band team United without RVP tongue.png

kompany was playing awfully by his standards injuries or no, mainly due to his lack of a steady CB partner, but he's been nowhere near last season's form. aguero either, despite the odd flash. and boj i think if city are playing as a team and nobody is shining and you're underperforming massively then there's a problem rather than a positive mate.

kompany was playing awfully by his standards injuries or no, mainly due to his lack of a steady CB partner, but he's been nowhere near last season's form. aguero either, despite the odd flash. and boj i think if city are playing as a team and nobody is shining and you're underperforming massively then there's a problem rather than a positive mate.

There maybe a problem in your eyes stevie but being in second place and in a semi final of the FA Cup isn't something I'd consider bad. The fact that some have been playing out of position due to injuries and some have been out with injuries gives me optimism for next season.

RVP great buy,league won with 5 games to go.give me as much shit as you want if i'm wrong

You are hardly sticking ye neck on the chopping block with that prediction.

You've not seen the length of mrboj's knife.....clinical strike mate....and his haircut is worse than Kim Jung Un! rolleyes.gif

^Failing that they could always try buying the league back.

Not that old chesnut. Your very original aren't you mary. Whose your team BTW. Bet theyvé never spent a penny on new players and brought them all through the youth system eh.

Yep....never trust 'em until they declare their allegiance!

Not that old chesnut. Your very original aren't you mary. Whose your team BTW. Bet theyvé never spent a penny on new players and brought them all through the youth system eh.

The old ones never fail to reel them in...My team are Liverpool Football Club till I die.Our youth system hasn't done to bad in the past or indeed recently with the likes of Sterling,Kelly,Wisdom et al,. breaking through ,not to mention ,Owen ,Fowler ,Carra and the one and only Steven Gerrard. Enough said -going off topic .Suarez gets my vote.

Yep....never trust 'em until they declare their allegiance!

Absolutely smokes thumbsup.gif

The old ones never fail to reel them in...My team are Liverpool Football Club till I die.Our youth system hasn't done to bad in the past or indeed recently with the likes of Sterling,Kelly,Wisdom et al,. breaking through ,not to mention ,Owen ,Fowler ,Carra and the one and only Steven Gerrard. Enough said -going off topic .Suarez gets my vote.

I rest my case. Welcome by the way

....and his haircut is worse than Kim Jung Un! rolleyes.gif

Talking of which. I need an haircut tomorrow. Do you know I'm going on me hols tomorrow. Don't freeze in the uk will ya tongue.png

Don't forget to post a pic! tongue.png

And....yeah its cold....poor me. sad.png

Raheem Sterling, as fine a talent as he is, was a youth player at QPR not Liverpool. You signed him in 2010. I think it would even stretch the imagination of a Man Utd supporter to refer to him as coming out of your youth system, don't you.

Andre Wisdom started his youth carrer at Bradford City not Liverpool

Zabaleta has had a really good season for City,there most consistent player.

Hard to argue with that. He took the opportunity with the absence of Richards/Maicon and ran with it. Great fellow as well.

Nearly everybody else has been up and down, injured, or what have you.