E-Banking & Proof Of Funds For Non-Imm O Visa

I applied at Hull for the above visa using a screen print of my Nationwide bank account balances as proof of having 20k gbp in liquid funds. Given that I would have had to use my banking security password to gain access to the information I was surprised to be advised that this form of proof is not adequate for their needs.

In this advancing time of e-banking getting paper bank statements to satisfy the Consul's needs was surprisingly difficult and only overcome by the kindness of my local branch manager typing up a certificate of balance and slapping lots of branch stamps over it.

In all it delayed my progress by 3 working days and hours on the telephone.

Just thought you should beware of this new wrinkle in the system.

Best wishes all

Stephen

Did you offer to access your account to prove balance? Did you really just have a screen shot of balance rather than an E-Statement download (am not sure of UK banks but US banks has specific statement downloads). The issue with any such paperwork is the ease in which the person presenting could have changed the information before printing. Did you ask them specifically what was required (as your certificate of balance with lots of stamps would not seem to be a normal method)? Thanks for the report and any further details you can provide.

• Like 1

Common problem with only on line accounts , as I have one too, no costs free completely but because that no access to desk counter for documents (unless goodwill from person )

I solved such problem for non o visa request by taking last statement from the ATM machine (not a slip , but paper statement..) and asked the bank responsible person to stamp date & sign it ...(.by goodwill from them ) this was accepted by the consulate (not UK one )

Total free online bank , but very limited service , can even not deposit cash , only online transactions and ATM taking money out

Edited by david555

Hi guys

thanks for your replies.

Let me be clear - the lady at Hull was very pleasant but was insistent her handbook and procedures did not take into account such e-statements.

The actual document I sent them showed each of my accounts with account number, account name, type of account and balance. The statement itself was dated but did not have anything but the Nationwide logo on it. No address or verification code. This seemed to be her sticking point.

I do not receive paper statements which are issued half yearly and therefore of no use for proof of balance, unless there is coincidence on dates - a one in 6 months chance.

The letter run up for me as a courtesy by the local branch manager was a letterheading with branch address, phone numbers, email address and such. The text was something along the lines of " I hereby certify that the above account holder has a balance of such and such in his account with this Building Society. I further certify that over the last 3 years the account holder has held account balances averaging in excess of x gbp.

The letter was provided as a courtesy by the manager as her branch supports our NP charitable school fundraising efforts by having our collection box on the branch counters.

When I .pdf'd the letter across to the Consulate they replied within the hour confirming issue of the visa and I could then move to buy my flight.

best wishes all.

Stephen ( a new Isaan Expat in the making)

• Like 1

Hull requirement from Abb Additional Evidence for Non-Immigrant Visas

I am assuming op was getting a multiple entry visa. I think you can get a single entry without financials.

Visiting Thailand as Retired Person aged between 50 and 64 years
Evidence required:
Copy of Bank Statement showing income of minimum £1200 per month or lumpsum
of minimum £20,000
Edited by ubonjoe

i had the same problem with Hull a few months ago in the end the lady asked if I could fax direct to her office a bank letter stating account balance of 20 + grand (luckily I just received my bank statement in the post that morning) ….in less than 30 min received a phone call saying visa had been processed and will be with me the next day …Hull is the best Thai consulate I have ever dealt with.

On a side note what happens when you reach the age of 65 if you have no pension and not married to a Thai…..what visa do you apply for as it looks like a dead end as the retirement visa is from 50-64 years of age

That's the trouble with technology, it is difficult for everyone to keep the same pace. I now have electronic pay slips and think a jpeg of my payslip looks pretty crap, anyway people in consulates and embassies must be seeing more and more of this surely.

On a side note what happens when you reach the age of 65 if you have no pension and not married to a Thai…..what visa do you apply for as it looks like a dead end as the retirement visa is from 50-64 years of age

What's this? You can't get a retirement visa if you're over 65? That sounds ridiculous.

What's this? You can't get a retirement visa if you're over 65? That sounds ridiculous.

Of course you can get a Non-Immigrant O visa based on retirement if you are over 65.

Infact, if you are in receipt of the UK state pension you simply have to show your letter of entitlement. Bearing mind that could be less than 20,000 Bahr p.m. it seems excessively generous.

1. Visiting

Thailand as Pensioner aged 65 and over.

Evidence

required:

1. Bank

Statement or Pension Statement showing receipt of State and/or

Private Pension.

Either

a single or multiple entry visa can be granted in these

circumstances.

I can't envisage a situation where someone would NOT have any pension at all. In such a rare event they would have a bundle of capital and I suspect Hull would take a commonsense view.

With such capital there is the fallback of arriving as a tourist and then going to Savannaket (where income verification is not usually sought) for a Non-Inn O.

why not READ what i wrote ...with NO STATE PENSION OR Thai wife and visa rules for retirement state very clearly age of 50-64 years ..what do I do on the age of 65

Hull Visa guide for a Non Imm retirement visa: Visiting Thailand as Retired Person aged between 50 and 64 years

Hi guys

thanks for your replies.

Let me be clear - the lady at Hull was very pleasant but was insistent her handbook and procedures did not take into account such e-statements.

The actual document I sent them showed each of my accounts with account number, account name, type of account and balance. The statement itself was dated but did not have anything but the Nationwide logo on it. No address or verification code. This seemed to be her sticking point.

I do not receive paper statements which are issued half yearly and therefore of no use for proof of balance, unless there is coincidence on dates - a one in 6 months chance.

The letter run up for me as a courtesy by the local branch manager was a letterheading with branch address, phone numbers, email address and such. The text was something along the lines of " I hereby certify that the above account holder has a balance of such and such in his account with this Building Society. I further certify that over the last 3 years the account holder has held account balances averaging in excess of x gbp.

The letter was provided as a courtesy by the manager as her branch supports our NP charitable school fundraising efforts by having our collection box on the branch counters.

When I .pdf'd the letter across to the Consulate they replied within the hour confirming issue of the visa and I could then move to buy my flight.

best wishes all.

Glad you got everything sorted out Stephen. Remember, when you move to Issan, and are then applying for visa extensions, you will need to evidence finances. I don't know when you plan to move across but it would be worth thinking about this sooner rather than late. Information is available on this site, and also the immigration website.

Hi guys

thanks for your replies.

best wishes all.

Glad you got everything sorted out Stephen. Remember, when you move to Issan, and are then applying for visa extensions, you will need to evidence finances. I don't know when you plan to move across but it would be worth thinking about this sooner rather than late. Information is available on this site, and also the immigration website.

There are a couple of options I think.

1) Have a letter from your embassy stating that you have an income of more that 60,000 Baht per month

2) Show a letter from the bank proving that you have had on deposit for at least two months prior to the date of the visa extension request, the sum of at least 800,000 Baht if single, or 400,000 Baht if married to a Thai wife.

Also don't forget to make sure your TM30 address reporting is up to date.

Believe more reading would help.

1. 65k per month income is the requirement for retirement if no bank deposit.

2. 800k for two months first application only - after that three months. There is no 400k option for retirement - that would require change to Thai wife extension.

3. You make address reports using TM.47

Garfield needs that caffeine fix.

• Like 1

Been through Hull for 7 years to get Non-Immigrant O visas for my wife and me. Both Brits. Seemless, very efficient. Olympic gold. Last time (summer 2012), we also had to submit screen dumps (ING bank accounts) and no questions asked. Visas processed by return. Maybe they've changed the rules. Be worth checking before next application date. Thanks for the post, Stephen.

hi ok i made my none imigrant O mulientrance in england, but in munich at thai consulate you need to show 5000 euro on a bankaccount, i showed screen print of my thai account an updated copie of my bankbook, and it takes exactly 2 minutes to get a 1 year non imigrant O- multi entrance

i had the same problem with Hull a few months ago in the end the lady asked if I could fax direct to her office a bank letter stating account balance of 20 + grand (luckily I just received my bank statement in the post that morning) ….in less than 30 min received a phone call saying visa had been processed and will be with me the next day …Hull is the best Thai consulate I have ever dealt with.

Hi - i come in on that basis - just put 'UK Pensioner' in the 'reason for visiting Thailand' box, and send a copy of your state pension letter and a bank statement showing it going in every week or month. That's through Hull by the way. Unless things have changed in the last 6 months, no need to show any particular bank-balance, though i wonder if there'd be a problem if the statement sent them showed a massive overdraft ? No idea on that one. Edited by lookingeast

Believe more reading would help.

1. 65k per month income is the requirement for retirement if no bank deposit.

2. 800k for two months first application only - after that three months. There is no 400k option for retirement - that would require change to Thai wife extension.

3. You make address reports using TM.47

Garfield needs that caffeine fix.

I have kids born in TL to a Thai wife (now x-wife). What kind of visa I might be able to switch to from retirement visa in such case?

Non-immigrant visa category O for the purpose of travelling to Thailand to visit family, available from any Thai Consulate in your country.

Sent from my Nexus 4 using Thaivisa Connect Thailand mobile app

Believe you are actually asking about one year extensions of stay? The same provision as used for Thai wife would apply but only if legally living with you and under age 20. Financials would be 400k/40k