Pattaya Kawasaki

Kwasaki

Maybe someone can explain about this more than me, Pattaya Kawasaki dealer has a secondhand 2013 ninja bike for sale, friend likes it put deposit down.

The book has no name in it because they got the bike back from previous owner with slight damage before the book came through.

My mate wants to register the bike in Sukhothai and the dealer said he can't. Why's that ???

The dealer said he has to register the bike in Chonburi and it will cost 3000 baht. Why's that my Versys was only 1200 bath. ???

When he hands other the rest of the dosh over in cash why cant the dealer just give him bill of sale and the book to register in Sukhothai. ???

Thanks for any info

I have read before & do not recall where? Maybe the Chiang Mai section

of the forum? But anyway someone else mentioned the exact same deal.

It was basically as LL stated, they are charging for their time to do it for you.

But you should be able to request the paperwork & do it yourself too.

As for registering a bike in a different province that is what stopped me buying

a used NC30 from Pattaya

That part from what I understand is true & a bit of a hassle there after at yearly reg time.

Some had mentioned ways to correct it but it was not that easy for me.

I posted in this forum asking about it. I will try to find the thread.

Ah here it is.....

http://www.thaivisa.com/forum/topic/605464-buying-used-from-a-different-province/#entry5936865

Edited by mania

bc i think they want to get his 3000 thb overpriced registration fee and pocket 1500 thb of it.

It is 1600 thb for a cbr500r!

Thanks, thats exactly what l thought, I dont see why he cant do it himself.

I have read before & do not recall where? Maybe the Chiang Mai section

of the forum? But anyway someone else mentioned the exact same deal.

It was basically as LL stated, they are charging for their time to do it for you.

But you should be able to request the paperwork & do it yourself too.

As for registering a bike in a different province that is what stopped me buying

a used NC30 from Pattaya

That part from what I understand is true & a bit of a hassle there after at yearly reg time.

Some had mentioned ways to correct it but it was not that easy for me.

I posted in this forum asking about it. I will try to find the thread.

Ah here it is.....

http://www.thaivisa.com/forum/topic/605464-buying-used-from-a-different-province/#entry5936865

Thanks, I reckon he can go it alone, and its a 2 month old Kawasaki 650 ninja bought at the dealer shop it is being sold from not a grey import.

I didnt have trouble with getting my bike changed over from Pattaya to Sukhothai the only differents was my bike already had a number etc and this bike only has a book with no name in it.

Go out to the shacks across the road from DLT Pattaya. As for the guy that can fix stuff.....preferably in Thai.

Thanks, I tell em that.

What is the problem if your bike is registered in another province? I am living in Samut Prakarn and my two previous bikes were registered in Rachaburi and Prachinburi. I never had a problem with that. I am not saying that it isn't a problem i would just like to know.

Jan

What is the problem if your bike is registered in another province? I am living in Samut Prakarn and my two previous bikes were registered in Rachaburi and Prachinburi. I never had a problem with that. I am not saying that it isn't a problem i would just like to know.

Jan

Yea fair call, for me personally I wanted my number plate in the name of the province I live and I believe when it comes to cars belonging to you if you have a permanent address the vehicle should be registered at that address.

A drivers license has to have a permanent address on it, because it belongs to you too.

Whether or not these things are enforced or not, dunno, TiT, problem ??? maybe when accident with insurance or something.

Me thinks no frangey in Thailand knows what problems there are and what is really going to happen until it happens.laugh.png

• Like 1

Jan

Yea fair call, for me personally I wanted my number plate in the name of the province I live and I believe when it comes to cars belonging to you if you have a permanent address the vehicle should be registered at that address.

A drivers license has to have a permanent address on it, because it belongs to you too.

Whether or not these things are enforced or not, dunno, TiT, problem ??? maybe when accident with insurance or something.

Me thinks no frangey in Thailand knows what problems there are and what is really going to happen until it happens.laugh.png

You are probably right. I was stopped several times and it was never a problem with the police, but as you say it could be a problem if you have an accident.

Jan

How can Kawasaki register it for you in Chonburi if you have no address there?

If they can use the Sukhothai address but the bike still has Chonburi plates, then it won't be a problem, even for accidents. But anyway, once the bike is in your friends name he can then change the plates over to Sukhothai at a later date.

Brian from Sumet cycles may be able to tell you more. Technically his shop is just outside Bangkok in Nontaburi, but I'm sure many of his customers are from Bangkok and the bike has Bangkok plates.

Send him a PM.

• Like 1

Op mentions bike has greenbook with no name in it.that don't sound right to me how do you end up having that so basically no one owns the bike ,how you supposed to sell it,don't they want to see I'd card or passport of previous owner before they will change owner.

How can Kawasaki register it for you in Chonburi if you have no address there?

If they can use the Sukhothai address but the bike still has Chonburi plates, then it won't be a problem, even for accidents. But anyway, once the bike is in your friends name he can then change the plates over to Sukhothai at a later date.

Brian from Sumet cycles may be able to tell you more. Technically his shop is just outside Bangkok in Nontaburi, but I'm sure many of his customers are from Bangkok and the bike has Bangkok plates.

Send him a PM.

Thanks it dont make sense to me either, I will post what happens, his back on Sunday.

He has seen the book and said no name in it because they got the bike back from previous owner with slight damage before the book came through.

Maybe they applied for new book.

Op mentions bike has greenbook with no name in it.that don't sound right to me how do you end up having that so basically no one owns the bike ,how you supposed to sell it,don't they want to see I'd card or passport of previous owner before they will change owner.

As I have said sounds all a bit strange to me too.

If the green book has been issued how can it not have a name in it?

I've had 3 new bikes and the GF or my name has been printed in the green book.

Me Too. blink.png

They have any Cheers in stock?

Dunno but I'm off for a ice cold Chang now.

On top of all that don't forget that you're dealing with the notorious Kawasaki Pattaya :S
I'd walk away from this one....
A new 2013 Ninja650 that hasn't been crashed and has a straight book wouldn't cost much more.... But you would have to wait a couple of months for peace of mind :)

Would be interesting to hear from Sumet on this one..

He could tell you if a green book is ever even made blank???

It was my impression a green book is not even made until a bike is sold & there

is a name to be put in it.

There would be way too much room for fraud I would think if blank green books

were floating about.

I am waiting for my green book & plate which I imagine is being printed now with my name in it

& I bought before Xmas

Which bring up another Q

Does it have a plate already? If so there had to be a name

• Like 1

Would be interesting to hear from Sumet on this one..He could tell you if a green book is ever even made blank???It was my impression a green book is not even made until a bike is sold & thereis a name to be put in it.There would be way too much room for fraud I would think if blank green bookswere floating about.I am waiting for my green book & plate which I imagine is being printed now with my name in it& I bought before XmasWhich bring up another QDoes it have a plate already? If so there had to be a name

The green book should have the name of the previous owner or a finance company. No way it would be blank.

• Like 2

Would be interesting to hear from Sumet on this one..He could tell you if a green book is ever even made blank???It was my impression a green book is not even made until a bike is sold & thereis a name to be put in it.There would be way too much room for fraud I would think if blank green bookswere floating about.I am waiting for my green book & plate which I imagine is being printed now with my name in it& I bought before XmasWhich bring up another QDoes it have a plate already? If so there had to be a name

The green book should have the name of the previous owner or a finance company. No way it would be blank.

Its only 2 monhs old so no plate, as for my friend saying nothing in the book, will see for myself today, his poping round so I can see the bike.

As mentioned above, the book is probably in a finance companies name and

Kawasaki Pattaya are just stating there has been no individual’s name put in

the book.

You may be right dunno, I will get back with a post after today thanks for all you guys help and thoughts its good to talk through things with other bikers.

No name and no plate run run run, seriously it sounds like what others have said it is probably in a finance company name, it might not have an actual number plate yet but it will or should have a number assigned to it which would correspond to the number on front of book, again if it hasnt got a registration number on the book its impossible that that book is for thzt bike, looking forward to hear the outcome of this.

From your post above kwasaki it sounds like your mate has bought the bike already you said he is comng round to see you today so you can see the bike.

Thinking a bit more if the if its in a finance company name how would you get to see actual greenbook as the finance company take possesion of book until finance is payed of.

Sent from my GT-P7500 using Thaivisa Connect Thailand mobile app

Edited by taninthai

Well update biggrin.png and the plot thickens. laugh.png

The bike is white and in prefect condition apart from a small dent on the tank near the top by the black plastic front cover piece, turning the bars full lock it is nowhere near it.

2,600 km on the clock the tyres still have the rubber spikes on parts of the tyre.

After market red anodised brake & clutch levers and fancy red crash mushrooms.

At close scrutiny no sign of any major downs, every checked out OK head stock, frame, forks, side levers & chain etc.

A red capped road funds container tube thingy by the rear pussy seat with no tax disc in it.

post-87530-0-26827800-1365401370_thumb.p believe this to be a 2013 ninja because google said so.biggrin.png

No decals or stickers of anything on the bike like the picture.blink.png

He paid cash in full and has bill of sale and papers showing engine number frame number.

The compulsory government insurance slip but with a 2555 date ???? blink.png

The insurance slip has what looks like a Russian name on it, surprise, surprise!

There is only one ignition key so he needs to get another I guess that's possible.????

I think the Pattaya dealer is obviously a salesman and full of shit, I reckon the bike either has been dumped back on them with nothing paid or reposessed by them if they do that here in Thailand. ?

My guess is I reckon there's definitely something dodgy about the Rusky guy that bought it on finance and never paid.

The finance company are most likey holding the book until the dealer sort out some payment out with them.

I think when the dealer has done this they will get the book back and they can sort things out for my young friend.

I hope so, well fellow bikers what's your take.

Yep sounds like some sort of repossion and Kawasaki pattaya has offered to re sell the bike,what has happened to the book when has your friend been told he will get book,normally the finance company would be at dealers and take their money as soon as customer pays ,although not unusual for dealer and finance company to sort this out amonst themselves.not the best way to buy a bike IMO I suppose because it's through a main kawa dealer there is less risk involved

Yep sounds like some sort of repossion and Kawasaki pattaya has offered to re sell the bike,what has happened to the book when has your friend been told he will get book,normally the finance company would be at dealers and take their money as soon as customer pays ,although not unusual for dealer and finance company to sort this out amonst themselves.not the best way to buy a bike IMO I suppose because it's through a main kawa dealer there is less risk involved

Yes, I guess things will be OK the dealer has lied full stop, insurance shows started September 2555 ( 2102 ).

As buying the bike I would of done it, 2,600 km and at 225k baht a good deal I think.

The other thing was he has to go back to the dealer when they have the book and once his sorts his work permit out.

Edited by Kwasaki

If it is a used bike....and by all accounts it seems to be.....

Personally I would never give 225k without the book.

Basically he has bought a bike with no book & is now relying on what you described

as a full of sh!t lying salesman

I mean I wish him luck & TIT

but

1- I would have done it like any used bike sale.

Meaning money changes hand when papers,book,plates change hands

It is used not new so that is how it is done period.

No excuses for not doing it this way now.

A new bike yes you wait for the plate & book as it does not exist yet.

2- They originally claimed a book with no name. We know & Sumet confirms it is not possible

as a book cannot be made without plate # & name of owner.

If in fact it does exist & has the finance company name is in it I would have at the very least had to see it.

Yes 225k is a good deal for a legal bike of that year & mileage

But if not 225k is way overpriced if for some reason it turns out to be a

inv only bike.

Hopefully I am completely wrong & your pal makes out all right.

I could not be as trusting while handling over 225k with no assurance other than

a inv & again what you described as a lying salesman.

Edited by mania

Dealing with a kawasaki dealership they will never have it transfered when money is exchanged. I can not speak for the salesman but kawa big bikes/mityon is not in the business of ripping people off. They have no less then 25 dealerships in pattaya. If i was concerned i would pay with a bank check.

• Like 1

Normally the finance would have been arranged through Kawasaki anyway and they make a phone call and the finance agent comes to the shop and can show greenbook,with our car the finance company even gave us the book for half a day so we could go and get insurance.

I think your friend will be ok math should have asked to see at least a copy of green book which Kawasaki should have in their possession anyway.

Certainly wouldn't conduct a private sale this way though

Yeah, as long as you have the receipt of purchase, no big bike shop like mityon can cheat you and plate and book comes later naturally for a new bike.

But handing the money and not getting a receipt or green book for a second hand bike is open for abuse.

225 k is good price for a nearly new kawa er though.

The more I think about it, the fact its a Kwacka dealer my guess everything will turn out OK.

I cant see how a ninja Kwacka bike thats been bought in Thailand from that dealer can become a papers only one.

If anyone knows of the dealer, would be interesting, its on the main highway through, near a Big C if that make any sense.biggrin.png .

The more I think about it, the fact its a Kwacka dealer my guess everything will turn out OK.

I cant see how a ninja Kwacka bike thats been bought in Thailand from that dealer can become a papers only one.

If anyone knows of the dealer, would be interesting, its on the main highway through, near a Big C if that make any sense.biggrin.png .

I think if it is the dealership doing the deal no problem & it should be fine.

I think if it is just a salesman that works there doing a side deal with someone he knows at a finance or

insurance co then be careful.

As to how a bike that is once bought thru a dealer becomes a paper bike it is called a reclaim

in other countries.

Meaning the bike was reclaimed by either the original owner or someone else for roughly 10%

of the insurance payoff.Or the insurance company is selling it as is since it has been already claimed

total loss or stolen yet they have now the wreck or the bike was recovered later by the police after the claim had

been paid.

I don't know how it works here but there must be a similar function.

It happens once a bike has been either claimed as a total due to damage or stolen

The insurance company pays the claim the book is no more because the bike is basically no more

In the case of a total damages exceeded the insurance companies requirement & instead they paid off the

claim they of course still have the wreck. At that point ( In the West ) the insured party can if they like buy the

wreck from the insurance company for 10-15% of what the claim paid was.

Many folks do this because of course it is a pretty good deal for the spare parts. But the bike cannot be legally registered easily again

because it has been deemed to have a structural damage usually.

Now of course in the case of a stolen bike there is a possibility of a insurance company paying a claim.

Then say 6 months later the police recover the bike. Claim has been paid so insurance company now owns it.

They sell it as a reclaim for parts or possibly a person can re-register it. Easier because the bike may not

be damaged at all.

Neither is an easy process in the West & something folks need to divulge when selling by law. If it is a reclaimed

title they need to tell the new buyer.

But this is why it is called a reclaim. The title once dead has been reactivated.

Edited by mania
  • Like 2

• 1 month later...

Ok an update for those interested. smile.png

Friend now armed with work permit etc. goes back down for Pattaya Kawasaki dealer to process the name in the book.

He is told the book will be 3 months, he ask me if that right, I said, well we paid deposit on scoots before rode away and had to wait for book, forget how long for.

He paid the dealer 2000 baht to sort everything out and then they will post the book on to him so he can further process in Sukhothai DLT.

He asked again what had happen with the guy in the first place after being told that he is going to be the first name in book and not the first one who rode it away.

The dealer said that he paid the deposit did all the photocopy's required etc. but the finance company returned the papers because he only had a tourist visa and wouldn't apply for the book in his name, so the bike was repossessed.

It seems to me that the salesman's at the time had made a complete cocked up of the sale is my guess, what say you. ?

I said to my mate you are now the proud owner of a secondhand new bike. laugh.png