Bangkok Court To Trial Son Of Red Bull Executive

webfact

CRIME
Court to trial son of Red Bull executive

The Nation

BANGKOK: -- The Southern Bangkok Criminal Court has set 10am on May 8 to arraign Vorayuth Yoovidhya, 28, the son of a senior Red Bull executive, on three charges involving the crash of his Ferrari into a motorcycle that killed the policeman driving it.

Reucha Kraireuk, a member of the public prosecutors' office attached to the court, said Thursday that police investigators had sought to indict Vorayuth for manslaughter and hit and run but dropped the charges of speeding and driving under the influence.

However prosecutors reinstated the speeding charge because CCTV footage showed the Ferrari racing at 170 kilometres an hour on Sukhumvit Road.

The three charges were presented to the court's prosecutorgeneral Seksan Bangsomboon for consideration.

Vorayuth was arrested at home after his black Ferrari hit the motorbike driven by Pol Sr Sgt Major Wichian Klanprasert, 48, of Thong Lor Police Station, on September 3.

Vorayuth's attorney asked for a postponement of Thursday's arraignment.

nationlogo.jpg
-- The Nation 2013-04-04

• Replies 142
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

"The Southern Bangkok Criminal Court has set 10am on May 8 to arraign Vorayuth Yoovidhya"

"Vorayuth's attorney asked for a postponement of Thursday's arraignment"

Missing so many details.. is the arraignment in May? What is the Thursday arraignment?

And they dropped the charges of driving under the influence because?

Possibly to focus on the considerably more serious charges (under Thai law) than driving under the influence.

Edited by Morakot

"The Southern Bangkok Criminal Court has set 10am on May 8 to arraign Vorayuth Yoovidhya"

"Vorayuth's attorney asked for a postponement of Thursday's arraignment"

Missing so many details.. is the arraignment in May? What is the Thursday arraignment?

maybe thursday is the day the envelopes get handed out.

• Like 2

I'm waiting for this verdict as it plays a part in determining my future travels; if he never spends any time in prison, I never travel to Thailand again!

Me too! I am deciding my future travel plans on whether the incarcerated people in Guantanamo Bay detention camp, who have never been charged or had a trail, will finally be released.

Don't beat around the bush... your saying you would never travel to the US of A?

Sent from my i-mobile i-STYLE Q6

I'm waiting for this verdict as it plays a part in determining my future travels; if he never spends any time in prison, I never travel to Thailand again!

All of Thailand waits with great suspense for your decision. We will all miss you dearly.

Sent from my GT-I9300 using Thaivisa Connect Thailand mobile app

• Like 1

Xxxxxxx' idiots. 2nd degree murder (a non-premeditated killing, resulting from an assault in which death of the victim was a distinct possibility) - not manslaughter, possession of narcotics, driving under the influence, driving in a manner dangerous and culpable driving, then add speed etc and then lying to pervert the course of Justice. A student prosecutor could nail this rich brats ass to the wall but you can bet the loopholes will all be found at the 11th hour, technical with the arresting officers etc. Thailand's Justice system, for the rich and famous...

Edited by metisdead
  • Like 2

And they dropped the charges of driving under the influence because?

In my understanding, driving under influence might be considered as mitigating circumstances. By dropping this charge the rest could be honoured at it's fullest severity.

As if anyone would notice your absence, or miss you.

Maybe you should contact the judge for this case and let him know your stance, it could affect the outcome.