Drinking Water Purification System For Condo

I am getting tried of lugging water home in bottles. Can anyone recommend a good drinking water purification system for a condo, that has low water pressure. System should be NSF certified, be reverse osmosis(RO), with an ultraviolet light, and carbon filters. I'll probably have to buy a pump to get the water pressure up to about 60 PSI to work with most RO systems. I'd like find one that is reliable, and has a low cost of total ownership.

Any recommendations?

post-43437-0-45536100-1365126550_thumb.j

It seems to me that the manufacturers of R.O. buy the components from the same source-assemble and put a sticker on –this sticker displays their name.

The only unique part of the system being the sticker.

You will require one with a built in pump- mains water pressure can be variable in a condo.

You clearly know the specification to suit your needs.

The most important factor when buying is after sales service. Less of an issue if you plan to do your own filter change. The smaller family businesses tend to give better service.

Things that I now know –that I did not know when I purchased.

1 Ensure that the unit is mounted sufficiently high –such that the filters bowls can be removed with the unit in situ. Homepro installed mine . They overlooked this detail.

2 If you plan to install under the sink then ensure that the unit is mounted on a firm vertical surface. If necessary install a 20mm plywood board to the kitchen unit . The R.O unit then installs to this board. This extra support is required due to the leverage that is imposed when changing the filters.

3 Preferably buy a unit with transparent bowls. This helps to determine when the filters need changing. It is recommended that the sediment filter is changed every 6 months. I change

mine every 3 months . Condo water can be very dirty water.

4 Electrics. Ensure that the switching occurs on the low volt D. C .side of the pump transformer. On the unit that I

purchased the switching was done on the input side of the transformer. The switches that were used were designed for low volt D C.

5 Fit an isolation switch adjacent to the installation. Wire it is such a way that if the unit has to be removed –then un- hooking the electric supply is both safe and easy.

As a consequence of unfavourable circumstances –I had to replace the centre bowl on my unit.. This meant a complete strip down. In order to understand the system –I drew the circuit.

I attach a copy. I am certain that it is correct –but those with professional knowledge may disagree.

• Like 1

You can buy a 6 stage RO system includes UV for around 11000ish BAHT

I have a GBP50 per day

Shops such as Global / Hompro sell the units and will instal, general in an apartment the systems are designed to fit under the sink

The units comes with a booster pump so pressure is not such as issue

I paid 11K for mine

• Like 1

• 4 weeks later...

I have a GBP50 per day

Shops such as Global / Hompro sell the units and will instal, general in an apartment the systems are designed to fit under the sink

I paid 11K for mine

What is the brand? How long have you been using it? Are you happy with the product? Was installation extra or was it included in the purchase price?

I have a GBP50 per day

I paid 11K for mine

Which model/brand did you buy and are you happy with your purchase? Was installation extra?

Sprinkle delivers about b60 lg bottle

I just add one drop chlorine to the tap.water per liter. Not really necc, drink the water out if tap tossed into microeave and brough to boil.

If you suspect bad pipes...another story. Just try it and see if you get the squirts, fw times over a month.

Im not concerned about heavy metals, perhaps I should be.

Same situation as you. Restaurant stop selling 20L bottles, dont want to ealk it back from 7, dont want to pay b6 pl at 7 eithier! I only drink water so it would become a cost.

I bought a Colandas system that has 5 stages:a sediment, carbon block and resin filter then another carbon filter, and then reverse osmosis membrane and then I added a UV light for 6th stage. Same configuration as posted by Delight. It also has a pump and a nice ceramic chrome tap. It cost me 8500 baht, with 3 extra filters, installed in Pattaya. Could have bought system without the UV for 6900 baht. The same system in Homepro, without UV light was 7500.

Unfortunately, later when I was looking for replacement filters, I found the same Colandas system, without UV, online (www.filtersupply.in.th) in Thailand for 3,490 baht plus delivery. You can save yourself a few thousand baht if you can install it yourself which will take an hour or 2.

Edited by cigar7

I purchased a Clarke, its been installed for 2 years.

I change out the UV lamp every year, cost is 800BAHT

The units are not difficult to instal, however if you can get the shop to instal for a nominal cost...let them do it

In general I change filters, every 6 months

Heck, I live in western Bangkok and just run my drinking water through a charcoal filter which I change yearly (per its frequency change rating)...the filter costs approx 90 baht...been doing this for over 5 years...ain't dead yet nor have got sick from the water nor has any of my family. Heck, two in-laws who live in the nearby province get water from us every week or so are also doing just fine and think the water tastes better than bottled water--and definitely cheaper. But I've got confidence in the water in my area since the treatment plant is only a few kilometers away and their annual water contaminants report they mail out to residents shows the water is drinkable straight from the tap. OK, feel free to tell me how the report is a big lie and I will die 20 years from now (or sooner) due to slow water poisoning...and don't expect a reply post.

• 2 weeks later...

I had a RO filter before, it leaked due to high pressure, got a pressure regulator and well everything went well until finally leaked again and not filtering anymore, all in all, 3 years and leak more than 5 times, and end up in the the trash eventually. So just buy a normal 3 or 4 stage system without using electricity are goood enough, check out how many microns, the smalller the better. I think around 3000 baht, you can get a good one, don't spend 10k on RO filter, shit!

Edited by Cobrabiker