Extending A 60 Day Visa

my 60 day visa is about to expire in a week so to save tim energy and a whole page laos visa stamp in passport i decided to go to phibun immigration,

first time i have done this, so what if anything apart from my passport and 1900 baht do i need. looked through a lot ov visa pages on here and cat see anything also tried search function but nothing..

regards scotty

You can download Extension of Temporary Stay in The Kingdom Application Form (TM. 7) just be sure you print it two sided.

You should not have any problem at Phibun but might get a lecture if you have several tourist visas.

I was a witness to one of those there. The officer (female) was asking why he had so many visas but he was rescued by his girl friend who explained that he was visiting her.

thanks guys think i will start printing eveything off just to be safe ,

ubon joe cant see why there should be probs with having loads of visas as i am just extending one already in passport,have at least 15 in this one alone, will take missus scotty along as well though..

mario like the tip about the pen lol

scotty

If you meant wife when you wrote "missus" and she is Thai you could get a 60 day extension to visit her. Just take copies of marriage certificate, her ID and house book and the same copies of your passport with you along with the wife.

mario like the tip about the pen lol

Expect most travelers would find that caution very true however - can not count the number of people I have seen at Consulates and Immigration offices without the ability to fill out a form. Bring that pen.

If you meant wife when you wrote "missus" and she is Thai you could get a 60 day extension to visit her. Just take copies of marriage certificate, her ID and house book and the same copies of your passport with you along with the wife.

yes joe typo there with missus! will take thai wife with me, but only need 30 day extention not 60 and marriage papers in uk,

but thanks for the tip anyway much appreciated..

seems the pen is a must have lol

scotty

You should consider getting a non-o visa to visit your wife for your trips. A single entry would give you a 90 day entry. Based upon cost for a single entry at 2000 baht it works out cheaper than getting a single entry tourist visa (1000 baht) and then 30 day extension (1900 baht) plus no trip to immigration.

well just to keep you informed,went to phibun immigration today and was very surprised took my passport right away gave me a form and asked for photo then asked for copy of visa tm and info pages of passport checked them stamped all 3 which i signed, copy of the wifes id card asked for (we always carry one) stamped then signed, handed over 1900 baht, by this point the wife was laughing and joking with all 3 at the front desk, yes guys laughing and joking.

was even informed i could go to chonmek to get 60 days if i wanted ,told to sit and wait, 25 mins later called over to check everything ok in and out in 40 mins no hassles whatsoever..

scotty.

ps didnt need the pen i took as she handed me her own one to fill out form and sign copies

• 11 months later...

just did my 30 day extension again at ubon immigration phibun, everything went ok in and out in under 1 hour.

was asked for a copy of wifes tabien ban as we were staying in her house, which for once we didn't have a copy of, but

never mind no prob she just filled in another form and all was ok, she was told however that upon arriving in ubon next time

we had to inform them I was here,as she would get into trouble if she didn't do it.

never heard of that one before, immigration lady says its a new rule..

scotty

Edited by highlander403

she was told however that upon arriving in ubon next time

we had to inform them I was here,as she would get into trouble if she didn't do it.

never heard of that one before, immigration lady says its a new rule.

Not a new rule but enforcement probably depends on Immigration office.

Wife needs to complete a TM 30 form as house owner, to notify that a foreigner is staying in her house.

You can get 60 day extensions to visit you wife instead of the 30 day ones.

You could also go to Savannakhet (across the river from Mukdahan) and get a multiple entry non-o based upon marriage that would give you 90 day entries for a year. They don't ask for financial proof to get them.

she was told however that upon arriving in ubon next time

never heard of that one before, immigration lady says its a new rule.

Not a new rule but enforcement probably depends on Immigration office.

Wife needs to complete a TM 30 form as house owner, to notify that a foreigner is staying in her house.

just as an afterthought would it make any difference if I had shown them a tabien baan, which I have? ,

thanks for letting me know abt the tm 30 form,

it was same immigration office and same officer as last year.

scotty

You can get 60 day extensions to visit you wife instead of the 30 day ones.

You could also go to Savannakhet (across the river from Mukdahan) and get a multiple entry non-o based upon marriage that would give you 90 day entries for a year. They don't ask for financial proof to get them.

ubon joe you must of been replying while I was doing same,

yes I did know that one but as I only need 26 days actually a lot less time,costs and effort(30 mins) just driving to phibun .

but will definitely keep that in mind if I ever need the 90 days,

thanks scotty