Are You A Jealous Spouse?

yourauntbob

• Replies 135
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

I remember years ago a real hardy old Glasgwegian guy I know saying to me...........

" When debt comes through the front door love goes out the back door ".

I believe he's right.

However the OP is talking about something else altogether, I've witnessed it with my pals, one so bad that I confronted his wife about it. This guy was on a daytime business trip with me, lasting only about four hours, and she called 15 times with ever wilder accusations. It was beyond ridiculous.

I asked her to check her mobile and see how many times she had called by the time we got back......even she couldn't believe it. I then asked her what kind of wife would subject her man to that level of mental torture. That's what it is, mental torture.

I'm delighted to say that 12 years later they are still together and they are like teenage lovebirds. Nothing to do with me though, my pal got caught banging the ass of some skank from the East End of Glasgow and she set about him with a bottle. Then they called a truce.

Love, Glasgow style, you gotta love it.

Is that right Tutsi biggrin.png

An entertainer as GF and than being jealous? How silly, her nephew is of course her secret husband when you are not around and in the meantime you are screwing around with a great looking massage parlour girl, because you do not want to be hustled by a bar girl.

It is like the American army, don't ask don't tell

Anyone who thinks/believes there is real trust is daft. coffee1.gif

your old doris really did a number on you fella....have you thought about counselling?

thumbsup.gif

laugh.png , you may scoff, but perhaps one day you will learn. I hope not, but many of us do. smile.png

• Like 1

Maybe so. But after 10 years together you can develop reasonable expectations.

For sure, I did over 25 years and was f.........d. sad.png

But at least you are happy now....right??????....whenyou can watch TV

your old doris really did a number on you fella....have you thought about counselling?

thumbsup.gif

laugh.png , you may scoff, but perhaps one day you will learn. I hope not, but many of us do. smile.png

I tend to get over things a bit quicker...but as with anything never say never thumbsup.gif

My live in works 6 days a week in a hotel, I suppose she could have a quickie there,but they are mainly vietnam,russian families and eastern origin,no good looking farangs,hotel too expensive for the mongers lol lol.

I go out a couple of times a week,but to be honest i am getting bored of the nightlife,i mainly go out to meet mates.Meand family go out once a week for a nice meal and the odd night out drinking,as she isnt much of a boozer,prefers restaraunts,which can be a lot more expensive than a night out on the pop.

I trust her with my life,but if she decides she has had enough of my big chip on shoulder,then she can go,no big deal.

The arbiter of a true Thai girl / Farang relationship in Thailand is when there is no cash involved. In fact, better if she gives you cash. Even better if she has turned down marriage offers from rich Thai $ millionaires to stay with you and wash your socks.

That's my case wai2.gif

Jealousy is an anathema to a loving relationship, in my opinion. I have seem more marriages fail because of it than I can count.

Just yesterday, I found out that a couple I know is probably getting divorced. The husband's irrational jealousy forced his wife to drop out of school, then quit her job at the hospital. Two days ago, he walked over and punched out an old family friend because he thought he was having an affair with his wife. This is in a small village where everyone knows everyone else, and having an affair in the village would be extremely difficult from a logistical standpoint.

The husband is a very good-looking guy who owns a truck, and I am sure he could cheat if he so desired. The wife is a rather overweight, dark-skinned unattractive mother of two who cannot drive. I am not dumping on her looks here, but just to point out that she is not the epitome of what most Thai guys seek for a gik or whatever, and without a car, she is pretty much stuck in the village 24-7. My personal gut feeling is that she is not having an affair, especially with an old family friend.

Jealousy, however, rarely takes logic into account.

Jealousy is based on personal insecurities nothing else. We all can feel it, but whether we act on it or realise it's irrational and push it aside, is another issue. To me, if someone cheats, good luck to them and goodbye.

People that are overly jealous are unbalanced (IMHO). Jealousy is more about possession than love.

Foreigner/Thai relationship/marriages here based on genuine love, respect and understanding seem far more elusive than those with mere money as their primary foundation.

It's hardly surprising that a lot of guys here tend to be more jealous because, in their heart of hearts, they know full well that - especially if their partners are attractive - the financial benefits they bring to their relationships could quite easily be provided by another man with greater perceived wealth.

God help them if their love-rivals are younger, fitter and better looking.

Maybe, just have to find the right girl/woman. I'd say it would exceptionally hard to have a large age gap between partners. Sure it';s not impossible, but it's difficult.

The arbiter of a true Thai girl / Farang relationship in Thailand is when there is no cash involved. In fact, better if she gives you cash. Even better if she has turned down marriage offers from rich Thai $ millionaires to stay with you and wash your socks.

That's my case wai2.gif

Agreed, mine too. She broke up with a previous bf who was, well so well off it was ridiculous, simply because he cheated. Some people have principles and it all distills down from their parents, meet the parents and you can see what they will be like (not all the time, but it gives a good indication). I know she's not with me for my money as for a long time I had none. biggrin.png

That's my case wai2.gif

Mine won't wash my socks.

That's my case wai2.gif

you wear socks?

That's my case wai2.gif

you wear socks?

When I have to.

I wouldn't be with someone i couldn't trust and have been with her for 9 years now, married for almost 5 years

actually, i still have to tell her she doesn't need to aks me if she wants to go out with her friends

which happens maybe once a month although i encourage her to go out more with friends

we live in Canada

she is heading back home to Thailand for all of April

we will exchange texts every day and talk every few days.

i miss her, but she sees me everyday, so let her have her time with her family/friends. i don't need to talk to her everyday

• Like 2

I never phone. But saying that, l trust no one on this planet. My ''loving'' UK ex after 25 years taught me that, as well as other stuff. Sad I know but I ''was'' a very trusting bloke. sad.png

you sure you are not talking about my ex wife transam? anyway it does not mean i will trust other people because of one bad relationship.

• Like 1

Maybe that's just your experience. Plenty of people have great relationships based on trust

a relationship is more than just trust, it is like a circle trust , caring , sharing, communication loving. if one breaks the the circle breaks .

Not jealous, because I am a catch.

๊ืUnfortunately there is no such thing as a ''catch'' in LOS. Unless it is cash related. Do I assume your a rich guy. whistling.gif ......................................laugh.png

I am an amazingly handsome man.

if this is your picture , then you better think again biggrin.png

My boyfriend is 12 years older, we've been together for 10 years, are both farang and I've been in Bangkok for studies since beginning of January. He's flying here tonight. Do I need to say more?

Yeah what's your point?

• Like 1

My post #36 partly put-on. There is no place on this planet where a guy can be with a knock-out female half his age and cash is not involved. However, sometimes if ALL she wanted was cash, she could do a whole lot better.

BTW the part about washing socks: President Harry Truman was noted for washing out his own socks each night force-of-habit even when in the White House

• Like 1

My post #36 partly put-on. There is no place on this planet where a guy can be with a knock-out female half his age and cash is not involved. However, sometimes if ALL she wanted was cash, she could do a whole lot better.

BTW the part about washing socks: President Harry Truman was noted for washing out his own socks each night force-of-habit even when in the White House

1. Once trust has gone there is very little of true worth left in a Relationship.

2. Having been cheated on in a previous marriage/relationship will almost certainly carry over emotional baggage and mistrust into the next! and can easily set the pattern for the rest of ones life.

3. Excessive Jealousy is a sure sign that you don't trust yourself.

4.Without the Jealousy instinct/suspicion the shock of finding out one's partner had been unfaithful might be too hard to cope with.

5. Some people don't really care,so they are not Jealous.

6. Some people care too much,so they are Jealous.

7. Some people have insecurity and low self esteem problems,which shows itself as Jealousy and posessiveness.

And finally a little bit of healthy Jealously stops the relationship from becoming boring and predictable,by encouraging some effort and input in the relationship,which is where I like to think that is the position,I am at!

Just a few of the reasons for Jealousy,which i'm sure could be added to,by others.

Edited by MAJIC
  • Like 1