Speedboat Parking At Bali Hai

ARGUSEYE

This morning while riding my bicycle for some exercise I got stuck among the parked speedboats at Bali Hai.

It was only seven o'clock, apparently speedboat - rush hour. Man, you take your life in your hands there! (or rather you put it in the hands of those speeding tractor drivers)

It must be hundreds of boats parked there over night! (half of them not seaworthy anymore) The tarmac is slimey and oily from all the leaking tractors and boats, and bang... down I was on an oil slick.

I escaped with minor injuries to where this new marina is being built, dodging speeding tractors and believe me, the boats were parked beyond the light house!

Isn't that a public road with a promenade with benches and stainless steel railings where people can relax and enjoy the cool ocean breeze?

Now the question:

Is this marina planned to take the speedboats at night, so the noisy, stinking tractors don't have to pull them out of the water for the night ?

Also, I think the tenants in this giant "Waterfront" condo what goes up there will not appreciate the sight and noise and smell when they look down from their multi mln $ rooms.

At the moment it is a disgrace, for sure!

I agree with all you said, it's a disgusting place. If I came there to look at buying/renting a condo and saw the mess/noise/chaos I would ran screaming away.

It would be nice to know what City Hall wants to do about this, it would be best it they can move all the speed boats away permanently, but where? South, no. Maybe there is an option North of the Naklua area?

The land where the speed boats are parked on is public land if I am not mistaken? If that's the case, City Hall can (in theory) clear the place anytime they want but this is Pattaya so rest assured that the boat owners

have mafia like ways of protecting their business.

Wow, you must be having a really slow day! Aren't there worse (much worse) problems in Pattaya that you can complain about -- women loitering on Beach Road; sewers that don't drain during the heavy rains (oh, sorry, I'll wait a few months for that one); litter everywhere, and on and on......? Of all of the problems in Pattaya, the speed boats south of Balhi Hai Pier rank, IMHO, in the bottom 2 (or maybe 3) percent. Ok, you slipped and fell -- sorry about that... Next time, pedal around the boat storage area, and don't drive through it. Problem solved ......

Wow, you must be having a really slow day! Aren't there worse (much worse) problems in Pattaya that you can complain about -- women loitering on Beach Road; sewers that don't drain during the heavy rains (oh, sorry, I'll wait a few months for that one); litter everywhere, and on and on......? Of all of the problems in Pattaya, the speed boats south of Balhi Hai Pier rank, IMHO, in the bottom 2 (or maybe 3) percent. Ok, you slipped and fell -- sorry about that... Next time, pedal around the boat storage area, and don't drive through it. Problem solved ......

Gosh you bring up enough problems as it is and now the speedboat matter.

It's pretty certain it'd take a long time to address these issues in Pattaya as is the case in all of Thailand when it comes to similar matters.

they are working at new piers there. but it's not only the speedboat folks.... you have tones of buses parked there, running idle. breathing on a bike next to them ? you better start smoking ! =)

Edited by JakeBKK