Non O Multiple Entry @ Savannakhet, Laos - April 2013

Just back from Savannakhet with Non O Multiple Entry, here are the latest requirements as at 5th April:

Originals:

Your and Thai Spouse passports
Tabien Baan
Thai Spouse ID Card
Letter in Thai from Thai Spouse
Application form: download here

2 Passport Photos
5000THB Fee

Note: Write Multiple Entry at top of form

Photocopies:

Yours and Thai spouse passport photo pages
Tabien Baan front page and Thai spouse name page
Thai ID card front and back
Kor Ror 2 front and back (must be recent)
Kor Ror 3 front and back
All photocopies signed by both and dated

Note: No financial information requested. Didnt need to show my Thai Bank Book.

The only forms the lady asked me to produce are originals of Kor Ror 2 and Kor Ror 3

Currency Info @ 5th April: 1 Thai Baht = 266 Lao Kip

Easy and smooth.wai2.gif

• Like 2

• Replies 80
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

can you help with these questions please , what if your thai wife who,s with you has no thai passport ? on the application form i dont understand question 5 about a guarantor in lao PDR . thanks for any help

sorry also what are KOR ROR 2 and KOR ROR 3 the wifes never heard of them .

Edited by martynsnowmans

The form is designed for Lao and well as foreigners to use. Just put "self" anytime guarantor is asked.

KR2 is not a normal requirement for visa issue (but it appears this Consulate did take it - but not clear if it was actually required or because a copy was provided they asked for it). It is now often asked by immigration for extensions of stay however.

Got my new 1 year Non-O (Thai wife) visa from Savannakhet on 3 April. My wife did not accompany me. As I arrived early on 2 April (Consulate General gates open 9 am to 11 am for visa applications) I decided to use services of the little shop opposite to fill in my application form (fee 40 Baht) and at the same time s/he (it was a Lao ladyboy) checked that my documents were in order. The documents were:

1. Application form (I agree with OP that "Multiple Entry" should be written at top of form) with 2 passport photos affixed

2. My passport

3. Copy of photo page of my passport - signed and dated by me

4. Copy of house book (tabien baan) front page and wife's name page - signed and dated by wife

5. Copy of wife's ID card signed and dated by her (they don't want to see wife's passport - not relevant)

6. Copy of marriage certificate (KR-3) - take original too as they asked to see it

7. Copy of marriage registration entry (KR-2) - take original too as they ask to see it. I have yet to get an updated copy of our KR-2 (married 6 yrs) but the original one was accepted without question.

8. Letter from wife "kindly requesting" I be issued a visa. I wrote it in English and wifey signed - I got the feeling a letter is not necessary.

9. Fee of 5,000 Baht

Tip: get to Consulate early because they give you a numbered ticket for passport collection the next day (gates open at 2 pm for collection) - if you'll be rushing back to Mukdahan that afternoon, it's wise to have a low numbered ticket!

• Like 2

Is it possible to get a Non-immigrant O multi entry for over 50's there?

Currently these, to my knowledge, are only available in your country of origin or that which issued your passport, eg Hull in UK for Britons.

you mean like retirement visa , or marriage , or dependence visa?

Is it possible to get a Non-immigrant O multi entry for over 50's there?

Currently these, to my knowledge, are only available in your country of origin or that which issued your passport, eg Hull in UK for Britons.

you mean like retirement visa , or marriage , or dependence visa?
Can i pick up on this question as it applies to me as well. Beyond the 3 you mention - 'retirement, marriage, dependents' - there is a simple 'Pensioner' category for those in receipt of a state (old-age) pension - i get this in the UK, no bank-balance required to be shown. Is it possible to get a Cat 'O' Non-Imm at Savannakhet or any other non-UK (or home country) consulate on this 'old-age pensioner' status ?

6. Copy of marriage certificate (KR-3) - take original too as they asked to see it

7. Copy of marriage registration entry (KR-2) - take original too as they ask to see it. I have yet to get an updated copy of our KR-2 (married 6 yrs) but the original one was accepted without question.

What exactly is this?

Is it one of the documents/Certs that they gave you with the marriage certificate when you were married??

Hi Almera,

7. Copy of marriage registration entry (KR-2)

Yes, when you officially register your marriage at the Amphur office, the Kor Ror-2 is signed jointly by the married couple and the Registrar and those details are recorded in their database. The couple are given one original and a few copies of the KR-2 for future use.

• Like 1

The KR2 is often required new each year, as it proofs that you are still married. Only when just married can you use the one the amphur give you when you got married.

A new one costs something between 20 and 50 baht and can be gotten at any amphur, except for people married more than 12 years or so ago. (Older marriages are not in the online database yet)

Thanks for that link but it will not answer the question. I've said it before but few people seem to pick up on it - a 'UK Pensioner' reason for visiting LOS is NOT the same as the 'OVER 50' category which most people confuse it with. Main difference - only need to show evidence of the 'Old Age Pension' being paid into bank account, not any particular Bank-Balance or other funds. I know because i've done it on that basis through Hull.
  • Like 1

It is the same thing - a non immigrant O visa. They require the financial requirement for over 50 but will allow just pension over the age of 65 - but the visa is the same and issue is to those over age 50. It also appear to just be a local UK requirement/system.

• Like 1

Reading about the trouble and the money one has to spend to stay in Thailand scares me from going there!
My wife has accepted a teaching post in Bangkok for two years, leaving comfortable Germany.
I am still trying to figure out what exactly we must do to enjoy the freedom of leaving Thailand whenever we wish and come back.
I feel like being imprisioned within Thailand and harrased after 90 days to cross a border to renew your stay permit. I am over 60 and do not need to work in Thailand.
My immediate questions to the forum are,
As my wife enters the country with a 90 day visa, issued in Germany upon presenting the letter of employment, would she get a visa for 1 year with multiple entries so that she can travel out of Thailand when she wishes?
What Visa would I get as the legally married husband? Must I keep crossing borders to renew my 90 day visa?
This is the most ridiculous set up I have ever heard of.
Can someone here make,a clear statement if I have got it all wrong please?

I read above that some even fly to my native country, Sri Lanka for this purpose.smile.png

^ Get a single 90 day Non-Imm O visa based on retirement. Before the 90 day stay is up go to an immigration office with proof of funds and get a 12 month extension (1,900b). Also get a multiple reentry permit (3,800b). You can then come and go as you please, and just report by mail every 90 days if you don't leave.

Any questions please start another thread, as this one is about Non-O based on marriage from Savannahket Consulate in Laos.

Hello Almera,

Thanks for the Information. Yes you are right. The thread is based on another situation.

I am still irritated with the Visa formalities of Thailand.

Enjoy your Sunday evening, ours Lunch time in Germany.

Marriage Certificate. (Kor Ror 3)

Marriage Registry entry. (Kor Ror 2)

Ahh thank you for this.... I was wondering what Kor Ror was.

I have the marriage Certificate but what is the Marriage Registry Entry?

I am doing this same thing in June without financials, I hope to have good luck too!

• Like 1

No, Savannahket is a town opposite Mukdahan.

Map here.

Thanks to all for the answers. Very helpful for a newbie like me.

Are there any significant differences between the visa runs to Vientienne and Savvanakhet? Do you need to stay overnight to get things completed?

430xc