Non O Multiple Entry @ Savannakhet, Laos - April 2013

K.R. 2 is the entry into the wedding register itself, don't confuse it with the flowery marriage certificate which is k.r. 3.

The copy of the entry from the marriage register gives the date the copy is issued and will also be stamped by the amphur.

Yes, it is recorded in an online database and (if the marriage is not older than about 12 years) you can get it from any amphur. For marriages longer ago you might need to go to the amphur where you got married or ask them to enter it into the database.

• Replies 80
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

The KR2 is a copy of the current ledger entry - if you divorce that entry will show such. So a new KR2 is a check that a divorce has not been recorded since last copy made.

Consulates do not normally ask for KR2 for visa issue - this is a recent immigration request for extensions of stay.

Sorry I'm so thick.

The "current ledger" entry: So, is there a line item on the form that changes / updated to relect the marriage is still in affect? Does anyone know how this works?

I would assume that the KR2 from any Anphur looks nothing like the original. So it ceases to be that document. Tjis is part of my confusion. New KR2 would have to have date, time, place entered into a db. Easy enough. But the signatures?!

The "online" KR2 and original must not look anything alike.

Lopburi, you have stated that updated KR2 sometimes requirement for extensions but much of this thread discusses new form for O visa multi (Savan), does it not?

I need to make a new visa quite early, so my KR2 will only be 11mos old. I will.be going again to Savan, Should I make a new form? We will be leaving aboutva week after for US so I have no margin for error.

You should not even need in Savannakhet. This is for immigration extensions of stay. A few people however have started to provide to Consulates so this may have negative consequences for those not having if they believe everyone goes around with such a document (many of us have never even seen if our marriages were more than a few years ago).

• Like 1

I would assume that the KR2 from any Anphur looks nothing like the original. So it ceases to be that document. Tjis is part of my confusion. New KR2 would have to have date, time, place entered into a db. Easy enough. But the signatures?!

You still seem to be confusing the Kor Ror 2 marriage registry which is nothing more than a printed out form that can be done at any Amphoe with the Kor Ror 3 which is the pretty marriage certificate you each got when you registered your marriage.

Edited by ubonjoe

You still seem to be confusing the Kor Ror 2 marriage registry which is nothing more than a printed out form that can be done at any Amphoe with the Kor Ror 3 which is the pretty marriage certificate you each got when you registered your marriage.

Not at all. That's not accurate at all.

Our form has a number of signatures. I showed it to my wife as she was getting reaxy for work and did not give it a very through look but there does not appear to be any area for adding or checking or placing information or checkbox sucj as ...couple is still actively married.

In fact the marriage certificate (flowered border) isn't even signed by us front or back.

Can someone with a "new" kr2 pls compare it to the "old". I'm very interested to know the difference. It's going to lack the signatures, that's certain. I don't even know how it could be called a kr2 in that it must be so different as to be at best amended. Maybe like kr2a.

...The "current ledger" entry: So, is there a line item on the form that changes / updated to relect the marriage is still in affect? Does anyone know how this works? ...

We don't need to know how it works. We just have to go and get it when it is required.

• Like 1

I never had a Kor Ror 2 until last year when they asked for it at immigration and wife went and got it from the Amphoe. We only got the marriage certificate but of course that was over 11 years ago.

Why don't just you get a new Kor Ror 2 and compare your old one to new one.

Edited by ubonjoe

Is there any financial requirement needed to show like money in the Thai bank for a non-immigrant O multiple entry visa from Savannakhet? I am going for an application next week but only have about 60,000 right now in the bank account. Is this enough?

Hi Almera,

7. Copy of marriage registration entry (KR-2)

Yes, when you officially register your marriage at the Amphur office, the Kor Ror-2 is signed jointly by the married couple and the Registrar and those details are recorded in their database. The couple are given one original and a few copies of the KR-2 for future use.

We never got copies. I assume that the reams of paper that we had to sign was the KR2, but we only got the KR3 (married 2 years ago)

hi everybody, just back from Savannakhet. I obtained non-O visa multientries 1 year. No proof of funds was required. I had all copies of the documents with me more the original copies of kr-2, kr-3 and kr-2 updated version. I had no letter from my wife cause i thought it was useless and i was right.

I am very satisfied and have to say thanks to all the ones like OP who well reported the Savannakhet Visa Run.

Just 2 things might be interesting to know:

1. the visa for Laos which costs 1500 baht at the laotian border can be (maybe) partially refunded. One guy told me that there is a procedure to have 500 baht back and that in the Laos immigration office at the border always "forget" to explain. I'm not sure the way it works and this is just what a good guy told me later.

2. Leena Guest House is closed for a short and unknown period of time and so i was not able to stay there like advised from other visa runners. It is not a simple task to find an air-conditioned room with wifi in Savannakhet. Tried to follow the reports of booking.com and agora but were absolutely wrong. I finally managed to stay in a poor room with at least air-condition and wifi (forget about the rest)

By the way i now have 1 year visa and that's what it counts.

thanks again to all good guys who accurately reported about Savannakhet visa run :)

<script language="javascript" type="text/javascript"> function SOswitchMenu() {var el = document.getElementById('bodyDiv');if ( el.style.display != "none" ) { el.style.display = 'none';}else { el.style.display = '';}var el2 = document.getElementById('h2');if ( el2.className == "calHeader goog-zippy-expanded normalText" ) { el2.className = "calHeader goog-zippy-collapsed normalText";return;}if ( el2.className == "calHeader goog-zippy-collapsed normalText" ) { el2.className = "calHeader goog-zippy-expanded normalText";return;}}</script> I just got back from a Savvanakhet visa run. I am an American with a Thai wife, married 12 years but lost my marriage visa last year by being in Japan when my one year visa expired. I took originals and copies of my wife's ID card, Blue Book (Tabien Baan), marriage certificate and my passport only.

I drove to Mukdahan by car and stayed in the Riverside Mekong Resort which was terrible and I don't advise anybody to stay there. Anyway, the next morning we drove to Friendship Bridge II about 12 km from the city and parked our car. We met Khun Aud at the parking lot. Now if you have a little money and don't want any hassle I highly recommend his service. I paid 1500B for him to take us through Thai Immigration and into Laos immigration. (His number is 086-863-5489 DTAC and 088-517-6249 AIS, he only speaks Thai so get the wife to talk with him) My wife was free but I needed to spend 1500B for a Laos visa but I just handed Aud the money and sat in the airconditioned car while he took care of everything. In about 10 min. we were on our way to the Thai Consulate. We paid 40B to a ladyboy in a small shop across from the Consulate to fill out the forms for us, gave them the documents and photos (you need one photo for Laos visa and two for marriage visa). Again all of this took about 5 min. Off to the Consulate, submitted our documents and after no more than 10 minutes we had a chit with a number on for picking up the visa the following day.

K. Aud then took us to a new hotel called Saen Sabai House Hotel just across from Immigration. This is new hotel with LCD TV, Wifi and clean and nice. We paid about 840B for the hotel. They didn't take credit cards so be sure to have enough cash.

That evening we ate at the Chez du Borne restaurant and had a great meal with lamb and gravy, beer and wine and the total was only about 1300B for two. It was really a wonderful meal. Esp. try the fresh baguettes they are to die for.

Next day 1:30 we went to the Consulate. The gate opens right at 2pm. Just so you know the system works by getting in line regardless of your number and the lady gets your passport, confirms your name and hands you the passport. I got a one year multiple for 5000B.

No financial documents requested at all. Easy as pie.

After getting the visa, you can catch a tuk tuk to the border and then catch a bus across the bridge if you are on a budget but we opted to pay for K. Aud's service (another 1500B) which I thought was high but again first class clean truck, he took care of all formalities and no wait for the bus which goes across the bridge every hour and you have long lines to wait at immigration if you go that route.

• 4 weeks later...

I have my multiple O too. You were right, but it has to do with the time you are married to your Thai partner. Indeed every 90 days you have to do a visarun, well better than every 90 days a trip to some embassy somewhere in the world. Infact it is the same visa I always had. I guess a residence visa is the best. Next time I'll try that.

There is no such thing as a residence visa.

You could get an extension of stay at immigration if you have 40K baht income or 400K baht in a Thai bank for 60 days. No need for border runs every 90 days.

• 4 months later...