Cheap Car/pickup Rentals Anywhere In Ubon?

FreedomDude

I'm sitting around here kililng time in Ubon waiting for my significant other to give birth to our son. Today we looked into renting a car for a day, but I was surprised to learn that car rentals here are about the same price as in the US!!! (1,300 baht per day). Anyone know of where we might be able to rent something for significantly less that we could use to drive 100 km from Ubon (not a motorbike!) and back for a day trip?

Thanks!

FreedomDude

I'm sitting around here kililng time in Ubon waiting for my significant other to give birth to our son. Today we looked into renting a car for a day, but I was surprised to learn that car rentals here are about the same price as in the US!!! (1,300 baht per day). Anyone know of where we might be able to rent something for significantly less that we could use to drive 100 km from Ubon (not a motorbike!) and back for a day trip?

Thanks!

FreedomDude

I have a vague recollection that MarcoH mentioned a place in a previous thread. My only sugegstion is try a search (if you haven't already)....

I have only just read this post but will ask questions tomorrow and see what I can find out for you FreedomDude. Car rental is expensive but it might be possible to get a car owner to not only supply the car but also a driver for a lot less than B1300 if it's just a 100K trip somewhere.

Thread hijack - Hi Jay, you back in UK?

I have only just read this post but will ask questions tomorrow and see what I can find out for you FreedomDude. Car rental is expensive but it might be possible to get a car owner to not only supply the car but also a driver for a lot less than B1300 if it's just a 100K trip somewhere.

Thread hijack - Hi Jay, you back in UK?

Bites...

U know that rental front of Robinnson,,, i saw some small car's there,, but never stop askig prices,,,,i assume that they are not so expensive

I have just asked the lads and B1300 is about the price for a days rental from a car rent place but a car owner could be the way to reduce the cost - where do you want to go and how many of you want to go FreedomDude?

Marco - I don't think it's the size of the car that counts until you start looking to rent a 'lot Benz' and that would increase the cost! I could get one of the lads to drop by the one in front of Robinsons (I still think of it as Ying Yong!) and ask the prices but I do think it's going to be around 1300ish.

And now for something totally different! If your sitting around twiddling your thumbs FreedomDude - fancy a meal out one night? There's a brand new Korean Beef place that has a lot of different dish's available too - most tastes catered for and a free salad/fruit table!

If your in Ubon city we can pick you up and drop you off afterwards.

And now the Ministy of silly walks brings you the chance to pay homage to my wife!

It's her Birthday and we will have a BIG cake with very few candles (she does not like to be reminded!) Want to go FreedomDude?

The wife does not know that the cake will be there - we all forgot the birthday! She's not angry - just disappointed!

The cake was ordered and will be there - 4lbs should do anybody likely to turn up - want to make her day and tell her we didn't really forget her Birthday?

Last call FreedomDude - we leave in 50 mins and you didn't phone. Anyboby else want to pop-in it is the new 'Staff City' on the shore of the lake at nong Bua market, turn left at the traffic lights on Chiangkul Road to go past 'Talat Nong Bua' (if your going out of the city) and turn the first left after the Temple (Wat Nong Bua) Staff City has a HUGE sign that says 'Staff City'! and is on the right - the new works to extend the lake are on the left.