Is Villa Market A Ripoff ?

diddums

Yes, Villamarket has the most expensive prices in comparison with other brands, but not that rip-off.

You must also consider the quality of local products they trade,

I think Tesco, big C, even in Tops Market cannot compare when we speak about quality.

Fresh products mostly fresher and more hygenic.

Villamarket has in every ways better.

Besides, many local fruits are seasonal, so the prices are not the same in each time.

I live nearby one Villamarket, so many times have to buy things from here, but never baught if not necessary.

I often go to buy in the real fresh market in Sunday mornings, there you can find quality and reasonable price.

• Replies 92
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Sorry Midori, but I can't agree about that..

Foodland has many if not most of the same fruit and veggie brands as Villa, and usually at much better prices.

At least at my local Foodland, they also keep almost all of their fruits and veggies under refrigeration, whereas at my local Villa, they keep a much larger portion just sitting out in non-refrig tables or bins.

Don't trade with them.

I wouldn't go that far but I would suggest long term expats shop around at different markets so that they know what's available where, and what's a reasonably competitive market price, and what is NOT. There is also the factor of seasonable variations. Right now, LIMES are expensive everywhere.

I wouldn't go that far either, I shop there, but I'm not the one whining about the price.

I'm not whining either. Just calling a rip off a rip off when I see it, using a perfectly legitimate definition of rip off.

I was referring to the OP as the whiner, not you.

That said, IMHO, rip-off infers a trick or gaff of some kind, not just higher prices. You know what the price is before you put it in the cart.