My Friend Needs Advice

Marcoose

OK, my friend met a girl a month ago - she was working in a supermarket. She said she was 20.

Since then she has been money grabbing (big time) and he has seen through this. A couple of nights ago he tried finishing with her and she was having none of it, using emotional blackmail against him. He tried again last night and she took out her ID card, showed him she is 18, not 20 and that she would go to the police if he didn't take care of her/family. She's saying because she's younger than him (I dont think she was claiming she was underage) that he has to take care of her.

Even if he's not in the wrong, legally, he's concerned that if he says this, she might go to the police and claim rape or something similar.

I told him to call the tourist police and ask where he stands but he is really paranoid. Basically we got arrested the other night for painting a room in my girlfriend's shop (lol) and were taken to the police station by a couple of thai poliice and a member of the tourist police. It was an ordeal and we thought we were going to prison, the tourist police was basically no help at all and we were told since that they share the bribes with the thais (they didn't get anything out of us incidentally).

OK so:

1. Just wanted to check that hes 32, shes 18 - legally is he safe?

2. What should he do? He's only been here for 2 months out of 9 planned and I don't want to see him go over this. He's saying though that he's going to do one on his next visa run. I suggested he go to the police and explain his situation but he's worried that he'll get extorted.

Any replies are appreciated in advance. Excuse grammar too - my laptop is showing a random font on my screen and I cant make out most of the letters!

• Replies 72
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

This is the ladies forum for ladies... Not for you to moan about ladies. smile.png

As for advice for your friend...

Stop meeting crazy ladies and getting involved with them. smile.png

Do'h! Hopefully a mod will move this into an appropriate section.

This is the ladies forum for ladies... Not for you to moan about ladies. smile.png

As for advice for your friend...

Stop meeting crazy ladies and getting involved with them. smile.png

Crazy usually doesn't manifest itself until you are in too deep to safely extricate yourself. Been there, blah blah blah.

I also have emotion, sexual and financial problems. Does anyone really care? Does anyone really want to hear about it?

-

yes please. . .

OK.

A friend doesn`t have enough money to pay for a night of debauchery and he`s becoming all emotional about it.

Please, can anybody help me, I mean him?

• Like 1

OK.

A friend doesn`t have enough money to pay for a night of debauchery and he`s becoming all emotional about it.

Please, can anybody help me, I mean him?

-

Tell him to grow some balls and get a job, or go on home and come back when he's solvent.

Next. . .

Many (the average i mean, not the well educated ones) Thai girls are much younger than their years in mentality...so honestly dont know how a 32 year old western man could hack the mentality of a 20 year old fairly uneducated Thai girl..

..but anyway..if it was me i would have secretly video'd/recorded the conversation on a phone or something, then at least i would have documented evidence of her threat. If she were to cry rape or whatever, then you have it established on video that you did have a "relationship".

Alternatively..as suggested stop meeting crazy ladies etc... One way to help the odds is maybe to consider not dating teenagers when you are a grown man... ermm.gif

Edit: of course i mean your..friend...

Edited by eek
  • Like 2

Many (the average i mean, not the well educated ones) Thai girls are much younger than their years in mentality...so honestly dont know how a 32 year old western man could hack the mentality of a 20 year old fairly uneducated Thai girl.

-

Very little to do with education level just how they're raised; my kids were more emotionally mature and independent at 12 than 80% of the Thais in my graduate-level university TEFL classes.

It's true they've learned how to hide that fact better than the (IMO much more attractive) cuties straight off the rice farms, and I suppose that does count for something, but in my book not that much once you actually get involved the true character comes out very quickly.

-

One way to help the odds is maybe to consider not dating teenagers when you are a grown man

-

That's like advising people not to drive a car in Thailand just because the roads are that bit more dangerous than back home.

As long as you remember to treat them like the children that they are mentally, it's generally not a big issue, certainly worth the trouble compared to going with wrinkly old ladies IMO.

The big problems come when western guys start assuming their younger partners can handle the responsibility of making decisions beyond what kind of smartphone they want and where to shop for clothes.

• Like 1

If the man is up to 10 years older than the girl, it`s a 50 year prison sentence and a 500000 baht fine.

Over 10 years older, it`s the death penalty. I know this is true, a man told me in a bar.

I wonder why all these guys come on here with concerns about their and their mates love lives? I also have emotion, sexual and financial problems. Does anyone really care? Does anyone really want to hear about it?

AFAIK it's firing squad for the perp ... but the mate (the more educated one) may be also be forced to march up and down the soi in a pointy hat while people throw things at him a la Mao era.