Wet Stuff Comming Finally

stevehaigh

• Replies 89
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Mackerel sky again today. Rain will be here in a couple of days.

First you said the mackerel sky ment no rain for 3 days.. and now it means that the rain will be here in couple of days.

I'll have to check wether the ants are coming inside home, or just check the forecasts.

A mackerel sky means a change in weather.

One of the original folk lore weather sayings is:-

"Mackerel sky, mackerel sky. Never long wet and never long dry".

My previous post was on the money. Let's see what happens in the next coupla days.

That reminds me of a few local Phuket weather sayings:

"Sunny sky - tuk driver cry. Rain in sky - tuk driver know you buy." smile.pngsmile.png

and

"When sky have sun - tourist have fun. When sky have rain - tuk driver make pain." smile.pngsmile.png

and

"When come flood - so does mud. When flood stay long - bar girl get no dong." smile.pngsmile.png

Edited by NamKangMan

My previous post was on the money. Let's see what happens in the next coupla days.

That reminds me of a couple of local Phuket sayings:

"Sunny sky - tuk driver cry. Rain in sky - tuk driver know you buy." smile.pngsmile.png

and

"When sky have sun - tourist have fun. When sky have rain - tuk driver make pain." smile.pngsmile.png

broken20record.jpg

That reminds me of a couple of local Phuket sayings:

and

broken20record.jpg

smile.png Nice one, but they are on topic. :)

Edited by NamKangMan

• 2 months later...

Someone forgot to summon the dry season. Its' been raining for the past 3 days and feels really cold now.

And I expect it will rain for another few days given the bad weather moving into the east side of Thailand. I can remember a year when it rained through December and into January. Quite unusual but it can happen.

Ironically it's the time of the year I'm once again thinking moving the hell out of this freaking island and country.

Now I'm freezing while the temperature is 25C.. and I'm thinking of moving to Southern Europe. Not sure if the temperature would be enough there.

Don't know about the suft, but wind direction has been from the east for some weeks now when looking at the sky and the rain radar animation. http://panphuket.com/weather

However the windguru, which is supposed to be accurate within few days, always shows that the wind direction is from all the directions.

What's the surf doing? A friend told me Nai Harn was a solid 1.5 m at sunset and still.coming up.

Groundswell or wind slop???

I always wondered why these supposed surfer dudes come to Phuket which is renowned world wide for FLAT water, whereas Indo has some of the best surfing in the world but they don't go there?

Come to Phuket for the surfing ... come on.