Khon Kaen-Nakhon Phanom Bus Overturns, 3 Dead

webfact

• Replies 69
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I'm slowly coming to the opinion that the Thai people are beyond help when it comes to road safety. Clearly they don't welcome us foreigners poking our noses in and interfering with the "Thai Way" of driving and maintaining buses, they seem content to assume that it's just bad luck when an accident happens and not hold anybody accountable.

I have slowly come to the realization that they won't listen to sense, so there is no point in these discussions beyond us venting our frustration. THE THAI PEOPLE DO NOT CARE. (Except for NCA (Nakhorn Chai Air bus company who have an excellent safety record and broadly western standards)

However, I'm seriously concerned that western governments don't make more of an effort to warn tourists and newly arrived visitors about the dangers of traveling on Thai buses.

It is not Thai people. I can assure you that the majority of them do care.

It is the police. They just aren't interested in enforcing the law. That is not why they join.

It would be the same in any other country if there was no enforcement of rules.

I agree 100%. All these traffic problems would be reduced if the RTP could be trained to do their job. I blame the RTP for these accidents because they are just lazy and really could'nt care less. If the Police Minister got off his lazy backside and did what he is appointed to do by working his way down through the RTP force, getting rid of all slackers. Give them a big wake up call and just keep at it.

Do Police ever do commercial vehicle safety inspections in Thailand?

Here in Ontario Canada, they setup a roadside inspection stations, in random locations, several times a year. A few days ago, they inspected 110 vehicles and 55% were taken off the road due to defects. For each vehicle, a minimum of $1,000 fine. It could become a huge cash cow for the BIB!!

Nahhh! but they do crash helmet checks when they need more cash. Usually about once a month. The rest of the time they just ignore anyone not wearing a helmet especially the ten yr old kids who come flying out of school in the afternoon often 4 on a motorbike, no helmet at all. Very effecient are our cops here .cheesy.gif