American Publisher Found Dead In His South Pattaya Apartment

Rimmer

Drugs. Good riddance.

No users = no pushers = no drug problems

You've got that the wrong way around.

The problem starts with the pushers. To keep the business profitable you need draconian drug laws which make the drug scarce and expensive. More profit = more pushers = more users.

Nope.

No demand means no supply and demand is in the behest of the individual.

People with mush for brains and no will power to resist temptation should not be dictating the rules.

No-one makes people take drugs, they do it from free personal choice.

Execute all who push or use and at worst, the population will improve as a result.

RIP to this fellow but just how much did he contribute to his own demise ?

Were you born in a loving family? Just curious. Most people who generally make statements like yours either need a hug, a spliff, or both...or maybe just to get laid. Note--lack of empathy is a clear sign of psychotic behavior. 1 in every 100 people is after all. Executing all drug users is pretty out there man. Which drugs exactly are on your death list?

• Replies 168
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

It is common for men in their 50's to need multiple prescription medications. It is hardly any kind of indicting fact except if you're applying for private medical insurance!

Let's call a cow, a cow...

It's also common for drug addicts to go over to prescription medication/tranquilizers in periods of shortage or in combination with their usual narcotics.

Placebo effects not excluded...

Edited by Thorgal

Maybe it is time to get all the murderers in Phuket en Pattaya of the street instead of hassling people over a work permit. Pattaya must be the murder capital of Thailand by now.

I would say it is and I know that there are thousands of crimes and many murders that go unreported, a lot of it now out of control. The anything goes approached has gone over board in Dross City.

I think if the authorities were to produce the full crime statistics of Pattaya, we would be shocked.

Best to stay away from that place, if you value your lives and well being.

• Like 1

Maybe it is time to get all the murderers in Phuket en Pattaya of the street instead of hassling people over a work permit. Pattaya must be the murder capital of Thailand by now.

I would say it is and I know that there are thousands of crimes and many murders that go unreported, a lot of it now out of control. The anything goes approached has gone over board in Dross City.

I think if the authorities were to produce the full crime statistics of Pattaya, we would be shocked.

Spoken like a true pair of ##### that have never even approached even the outskirts of our home city, let alone spent any time here, you are so predictable, bet you wish you were allowed eh?giggle.gif

• Like 2

Pattaya bashers will use any thread to have a go.

Obviously more foreigner murders would be expected to be reported in areas where the more of them live. Before making unfounded comments you'll at the very least have to produce foreigner murder statistics as percentage of populations. This is impossible because no one knows how many people live in Pattaya.

Edited by tropo

Historically, Pattaya was nothing more than a sleepy fishing village, initially used for tourism by wealthy Thais in the mid twentieth century.

It has often been referred to, perhaps unkindly, as the biggest open air brothel in the world. Whether you agree with that or not is up to you
but it is undeniable. A city created by its visitors.

Not really a place for your children to grow up. However, this is my opinion of Pattaya and I find it depressing and tiresome to wonder around

the place with it's predominance of middle aged single/divorcees from the West, or young punks with too much beer in them fighting with

each other (much of the reported crime in Pattaya is of fights between tourists). The reality is that most people who go there don't want

temples and they don't want real Thai culture.

But if you're single, male and need somewhere within striking distance of Bangkok, I guess Pattaya is ideal. It's big, energetic, exciting, can be
enjoyed on a budget and is in a hot, sunny location. What ever happens in Pattaya, stays in Pattaya...

Who can promote Pattaya after the OP thread as a model city of modern civilization ?

Edited by Thorgal

Obviously more foreigner murders would be expected to be reported in areas where the more of them live. Before making unfounded comments you'll at the very least have to produce foreigner murder statistics as percentage of populations. This is impossible because no one knows how many people live in Pattaya.

Read my post again. As I said; if the authorities were to produce the full crime statistics of Pattaya, we would be shocked.

There is no way this is going to happen due to concerns of losing some of they`re precious tourist trade. My family and I would not live Pattaya if we were paid to do so.

It`s Dross City and a fact is a fact.

I cant really defend Pattaya against the overwhelming evidence of murders, robberies, assaults, corruption etc

You need to have your wits about you and choose your friends very carefully in Pattaya.

Funnily enough thou the thing that annoys me the most about Pattaya is the traffic. It has grown too big too fast and it is bursting at the seams as the infrastructure is just not growing at the same pace. It is getting very annoying just getting around these days.

If Tim never touched drugs or alcohol as a poster just mentioned, it must have been planted at the scene. This will not be an easy case to solve.

R.I.P

Edited by balo

If Tim never touched drugs or alcohol as a poster just mentioned, it must have been planted at the scene. This will not be an easy case to solve.

R.I.P

You can't solve a murder case with the 'if clause'...

In fact, start checking out the scene and compare his living standards with the average successful US music executive his standards...

You won't find any traces of a house maid.

The crown witness is the landlord/owner of the condo who didn't get a response at the door.

I've rented 4 years in Thailand. My landlords never opened the doors when I've left for short to longer periods.

Landlords (can) only open(s) the door if the rent is not paid.

Edited by Thorgal

I was a neighbor of Tim for about 6 years here in Bangkok. He led a very low-key, private, intellectual lifestyle. Not once did I ever see him with alcohol or drugs or with a bargirl. Instead one would always see him with interesting artists, or engaged in a book in a private corner of Starbucks on Soi Tonglor or working on some fascinating project. My God he somehow managed to help turn a classic Thai/Indian tale into Rammakien, a rock opera featuring Sek Loso and performed at the Lincoln Festival in NY. So it saddens me to see the disrespectful and ignorant comments posted here about someone who just lost his way here in Thailand with tragic consequences. Thailand can be heaven or hell and unfortunately a lot of foreigners seem to hit a bottom here in the land of illusion. RIP Tim

Hi Steve, I am one of Tim's friend's from the States. The Tim that you are describing is the Tim that we here remember. In fact in an industry awash with drugs and alcohol (the music business in New york in the 1970s and 80s) Tim was famously sober and level headed. That's why many of us are mystified by and even suspicious of the suppositions already put forward about the circumstances of his murder. It's a shocking and very upsetting thing.

• Like 2

Read my post again. As I said; if the authorities were to produce the full crime statistics of Pattaya, we would be shocked.

There is no way this is going to happen due to concerns of losing some of they`re precious tourist trade. My family and I would not live Pattaya if we were paid to do so.

It`s Dross City and a fact is a fact.

I don't need to read your post again. Once was more than enough, thank you.

• Like 1

I was a neighbor of Tim for about 6 years here in Bangkok. He led a very low-key, private, intellectual lifestyle. Not once did I ever see him with alcohol or drugs or with a bargirl. Instead one would always see him with interesting artists, or engaged in a book in a private corner of Starbucks on Soi Tonglor or working on some fascinating project. My God he somehow managed to help turn a classic Thai/Indian tale into Rammakien, a rock opera featuring Sek Loso and performed at the Lincoln Festival in NY. So it saddens me to see the disrespectful and ignorant comments posted here about someone who just lost his way here in Thailand with tragic consequences. Thailand can be heaven or hell and unfortunately a lot of foreigners seem to hit a bottom here in the land of illusion. RIP Tim

If this Timothy Joseph Carr or Tim Carr is so famous, why do I not find him on Wikipedia ?

I only find an Australian record producer Tim Carr and an executed murderer Timothy Don Carr.

As to Ramakien/Ramayana, this centuries old Hindu saga is famous in many Asian countries, Indonesia included.

If this Timothy Joseph Carr or Tim Carr is so famous, why do I not find him on Wikipedia ?

I only find an Australian record producer Tim Carr and an executed murderer Timothy Don Carr.

As to Ramakien/Ramayana, this centuries old Hindu saga is famous in many Asian countries, Indonesia included.

Maybe because you are a Dick?

He's on wiki and covering the 1st page on google.

Obits showing up in America:

http://www.billboard.com/biz/articles/news/record-labels/1557242/updated-tim-carr-ar-exec-for-capitol-warner-bros-dreamworks

What's disturbing is these obits are copying the Pattaya stories verbatim. They naively assume there is a reasonably respectable standard of press and police work here. I find the mention of prescription medications atrocious. The local cops play this game all the time. Someone is bleeding on the floor and they see an asthma inhaler, and conclude, death from asthma. It's beyond stupid, it's an insult to the dead and the people who care about them. In this case, there is a clear and not backed up implication that these medications had something to do with partying and something to do with his death. Yet they don't even mention the nature of the meds! As people in Thailand know, prescription meds for anything "fun" are quite hard to get legally and there must be a legitimate medical need for them. I also don't know of any med that cuts you with a knife. coffee1.gif

Edited by Jingthing
  • Like 1

Sorry to hear. Another one bites the dust in Pattaya. Will it ever stop.

20,000 children die each day on our planet from starvation. In a population of over 6 billion, the total daily death toll is staggering and... NATURAL. We all go sometime, just some of us have had a better ride than others.

I cant really defend Pattaya against the overwhelming evidence of murders, robberies, assaults, corruption etc

You need to have your wits about you and choose your friends very carefully in Pattaya.

You make it sound like a challenge, living in Pattaya. It really isn't difficult.

You need to have your wits about you wherever you live - that's not restricted to Pattaya.

Although there's plenty of crime here, it is exaggerated by the media and Pattaya bashers.

Been to Pattaya for 8 years myself, have seen quite a couple of fatal road accidents, and several crimes/arrests which weren't reported in the media. One took place directly in front of my house during the great crackdown on crime in January, a drug dealer tried to run with his car from police, ending up in our dead end street. PattayDailyNews came, and PattayaOne as well, they filmed and took pics. None of them reported it on their webpages or on TV. Looks to me like there is a quota on how much they may report, and that it is played down.

Hi

I would like to mirror the few nice posts there are about Tim here.

I worked with Tim for years in Thailand, after finishing working with him we remained friends who spoke a lot and often met at gigs in Bangkok and Pattaya. Tim was not your average farang, looking for the easy life whilst having a beer and searching for his trophy wife, Tim was extremely intelligent, alert and completely absorbed in the culture / history. As his neighbour pointed out, Tim liked to just sit, read, absorb and educate himself on the arts past and present along with the world events at the time. He spent years trying to break Thai music out of Thailand, seeing its true potential and unique musical character. He did achieve this as well, it didn't explode onto the western scene, but Tim DID get it noticed, far more than anyone before him or after him achieved. Tim was a grafter, never giving up and till his last day was fighting for what he believed in. Tim's attraction to the surreal, strange, unique and new was what made Tim great and unforgettable.

In my opinion, Tim was not a user of any substance, legal or illegal. I first met him in 2004 and till the last time I saw him a few months ago he only every drank soda or coffee. I also spent weeks at a time in his company 24/7, he never touched anything, not once was his persona different (never moody, snappy, suggesting comedowns or addictions, I know a few addicts), he was always just eager (if slightly eccentric) Tim. The whole notion of there being drugs involved doesn't add up to me and the knife wound?? If that image from pattaya one is a 20 baht note on a plate with some white powder on a green card I would like to ask "why would an addict use a white plate to chop white powder?", you wouldn't see it so well.....

Anyways, we can debate for hours, call him all kinds of names (all undeserved) and the armchair detectives can form their opinions from the evidence in the press.

Friends of Tim know..... We have lost a great character and the music world is slightly emptier because of it.

RIP my friend, thank you for EVERYTHING. You will always be an inspiration.

I wonder about these things too. Tim was such a gentleman, and he had been sober for decades.

^ For someone who gives the appearance of knowing admiring Tim, "....he had been sober for decades." is a bit of a back-handed compliment, no doubt best left unsaid. sad.png

As for your urgency on knowing all the facts you'd best hop the next plane for Thailand along with a relative or two of Tim with authority to delve.

While you are at it contact former band members of the Beastie Boys, Sek Loso, the Lam Morrison Rock Pub, and others.

Bring money, and time.

Sorry to hear. Another one bites the dust in Pattaya. Will it ever stop.

20,000 children die each day on our planet from starvation. In a population of over 6 billion, the total daily death toll is staggering and... NATURAL. We all go sometime, just some of us have had a better ride than others.

I still hope I\ll go right after I came.....RIP!

You make it sound like a challenge, living in Pattaya. It really isn't difficult.

You need to have your wits about you wherever you live - that's not restricted to Pattaya.

Although there's plenty of crime here, it is exaggerated by the media and Pattaya bashers.

Been to Pattaya for 8 years myself, have seen quite a couple of fatal road accidents, and several crimes/arrests which weren't reported in the media. One took place directly in front of my house during the great crackdown on crime in January, a drug dealer tried to run with his car from police, ending up in our dead end street. PattayDailyNews came, and PattayaOne as well, they filmed and took pics. None of them reported it on their webpages or on TV. Looks to me like there is a quota on how much they may report, and that it is played down.

OK, so you saw some fatal road accidents and witnessed a crime in your street which wasn't reported in the local newspapers, therefore you make the conclusions:

1. Pattaya is a dangerous place to live.

2. The newspapers have a quota on how many crimes they are allowed to report.

You make some very convincing arguments. I'll pack my bags.biggrin.png

Is it a coincidence or crime against farang increased tenfold after russians come here?

You got somebody to kill? Call 1-800-RUSMAFIA to kill while they are in Thailand, (and other countries Russian Mafia has operatives).

I did not know the man personally, but as an American of some stature I would speculate to say that his contact with the Russian Mafia may have been minimal.

Yes, crime does seem to have increased against people with white skin color since the increase, but I have seen no statistics to back this up. Any statistics would be quickly challenged among those that understand how the Thai policing system works - most here are fairly familiar with the basic workings.

Thais coincidentally have trouble telling us apart from the Russians, I was last time asked if I was sent by someone with a Russian name, when I went into one of the clubs. I told them I wasn't and that I was there to observe and I was given free beers anyhow. Strange world that Pattaya place, but a good way to get away from the seriousness of the big smoke down the road in Bangkok.

I would say this death which appears to be on the verge of being considered a suicide through self inflicted wounds whilst under the influence of narcotics may have a little more attention than the average death placed on it by the US Embassy - it is famous for looking after its' figures of importance and rightly so IMO -many embassies do not do enough for their nationals overseas anymore.

The Police should investigate you to see if you are a salesman for them

Hi

I would like to mirror the few nice posts there are about Tim here.

I worked with Tim for years in Thailand, after finishing working with him we remained friends who spoke a lot and often met at gigs in Bangkok and Pattaya. Tim was not your average farang, looking for the easy life whilst having a beer and searching for his trophy wife, Tim was extremely intelligent, alert and completely absorbed in the culture / history. As his neighbour pointed out, Tim liked to just sit, read, absorb and educate himself on the arts past and present along with the world events at the time. He spent years trying to break Thai music out of Thailand, seeing its true potential and unique musical character. He did achieve this as well, it didn't explode onto the western scene, but Tim DID get it noticed, far more than anyone before him or after him achieved. Tim was a grafter, never giving up and till his last day was fighting for what he believed in. Tim's attraction to the surreal, strange, unique and new was what made Tim great and unforgettable.

In my opinion, Tim was not a user of any substance, legal or illegal. I first met him in 2004 and till the last time I saw him a few months ago he only every drank soda or coffee. I also spent weeks at a time in his company 24/7, he never touched anything, not once was his persona different (never moody, snappy, suggesting comedowns or addictions, I know a few addicts), he was always just eager (if slightly eccentric) Tim. The whole notion of there being drugs involved doesn't add up to me and the knife wound?? If that image from pattaya one is a 20 baht note on a plate with some white powder on a green card I would like to ask "why would an addict use a white plate to chop white powder?", you wouldn't see it so well.....

Anyways, we can debate for hours, call him all kinds of names (all undeserved) and the armchair detectives can form their opinions from the evidence in the press.

Friends of Tim know..... We have lost a great character and the music world is slightly emptier because of it.

RIP my friend, thank you for EVERYTHING. You will always be an inspiration.

Armchair detectives know what it means when at a crime scene the door was not forced.

Let's not exclude that one or more of his relatives committed the crime.

Perhaps they will also shake virtual hands on facebook.

And you can't reproduce such statements as above without knowing the latest blood results (narcotics) of the victim.

Stay with the facts, not with his past.

In such cases it's not appropriate to talk about "soda and coffee" if you can't explain his long professional inactivity.

Edited by Thorgal