American Publisher Found Dead In His South Pattaya Apartment

Rimmer

• Replies 168
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

He's been working on a movie for the past couple of years. It's called Glory Days, and he is credited as Producer. The movie will be released in July. http://www.imdb.com/title/tt1563127/fullcredits?ref_=tt_cl_sm#cast

Quite interesting.coffee1.gif

Twenty years after an acrimonious break-up, rock band "The Spiders" are asked to re-form as the subject of a Reality Show. However, the band's original producer and songwriter is now living in Thailand, forcing the four remaining members to abandon their mundane lives, to once more pursue their quest for "Glory Days".

Hi

I would like to mirror the few nice posts there are about Tim here.

I worked with Tim for years in Thailand, after finishing working with him we remained friends who spoke a lot and often met at gigs in Bangkok and Pattaya. Tim was not your average farang, looking for the easy life whilst having a beer and searching for his trophy wife, Tim was extremely intelligent, alert and completely absorbed in the culture / history. As his neighbour pointed out, Tim liked to just sit, read, absorb and educate himself on the arts past and present along with the world events at the time. He spent years trying to break Thai music out of Thailand, seeing its true potential and unique musical character. He did achieve this as well, it didn't explode onto the western scene, but Tim DID get it noticed, far more than anyone before him or after him achieved. Tim was a grafter, never giving up and till his last day was fighting for what he believed in. Tim's attraction to the surreal, strange, unique and new was what made Tim great and unforgettable.

In my opinion, Tim was not a user of any substance, legal or illegal. I first met him in 2004 and till the last time I saw him a few months ago he only every drank soda or coffee. I also spent weeks at a time in his company 24/7, he never touched anything, not once was his persona different (never moody, snappy, suggesting comedowns or addictions, I know a few addicts), he was always just eager (if slightly eccentric) Tim. The whole notion of there being drugs involved doesn't add up to me and the knife wound?? If that image from pattaya one is a 20 baht note on a plate with some white powder on a green card I would like to ask "why would an addict use a white plate to chop white powder?", you wouldn't see it so well.....

Anyways, we can debate for hours, call him all kinds of names (all undeserved) and the armchair detectives can form their opinions from the evidence in the press.

Friends of Tim know..... We have lost a great character and the music world is slightly emptier because of it.

RIP my friend, thank you for EVERYTHING. You will always be an inspiration.

Armchair detectives know what it means when at a crime scene the door was not forced.

Let's not exclude that one or more of his relatives committed the crime.

Perhaps they will also shake virtual hands on facebook.

And you can't reproduce such statements as above without knowing the latest blood results (narcotics) of the victim.

Stay with the facts, not with his past.

In such cases it's not appropriate to talk about "soda and coffee" if you can't explain his long professional inactivity.

Yes fair point. I was just merely trying to reflect on my personal experiences (are opinions not allowed here?) with Tim pointing out that I had never seen him involved with drugs.

Tim wasn't professionally inactive, in fact he was always extremely busy working or attempting to find work which can be very difficult in Thailand for a farang.

Lets not forget we are also going on evidence presented in a paper, if you have lived in Thailand for more than 5 mins you know that what is said and what actually happened are rarely the same. As for facts, I have gone totally on the facts presented "a newspaper", questioning them maybe but not opposing them.

As for relatives, I said I know Tim well, they are not in the country.

Blood tests may prove otherwise, we will find out, I certainly never said "HE DOES NOT TAKE DRUGS". If it was due to drugs well I will be gutted because its a waste of a life.

I knew there would be someone who felt they needed to question what I said, however it would have been useful to read what I had said properly.

• Like 1

"... In such cases it's not appropriate to talk about "soda and coffee" if you can't explain his long professional inactivity."

Tim was a writer, working on a novel. He also was producing a film. Though I imagine that he picked up the odd royalty check as many of us who were active in the music business at the same time that he was still do; he also produced shows, bought and sold art and did arts related work (like producing the Thai rock opera and bringing it to New York) when it presented itself. He lived in Thailand because he preferred living in Thailand to grinding out his life in New York or LA. That does not make him sort sort of loser. Quite the contrary, he decided almost 20 years ago what he wanted his life to be like. He loved Thailand and even as huge commercial successes were rolling in for him he talked about "escaping". He chose this life.

• Like 2