Controversial Beach Road Widening Begins

Rimmer

Controversial Beach Road widening begins

n8Beach28-3.jpg
PATTAYA:--Pattaya has begun removing Beach Road sidewalks and plants as it prepares to begin the controversial widening of the beachfront thoroughfare.

City contractors March 28 began removing trees and cement walkways near the Dusit curve. Work on the 144 million baht project will continue through March next year.

The widening is part of the city’s overall renovation of Pattaya Beach, which includes rebuilding the eroded beach and widening overcrowded Beach Road from three lanes to four. City officials have pledged to restore plants and trees removed, albeit it with 3.5 meters less real estate to work with.

City workers have begun widening Beach Road in Pattaya by one, 3.5 meter wide lane.
Full story:http://www.pattayamail.com/localnews/controversial-beach-road-widening-begins-24788

pattayamaillogo.png
-- Pattaya Mail 2013-04-12 footer_n.gif

How many people they have working on it? Well atleast there keeping it open while the work is being done another reason why it will take a year. Where are they getting all the sand for the erroded beach?? I remember hearing about the beach plan more than a year ago hope its a improvement..

Doomed..... This is a thread that could end up being longer than the Jet Ski scam....

Many of the trees are not Palm trees they are deep rooted Tamarinds and Tropical Almond trees. I could be wrong...but

I cant see them being replaced to provide much needed shade and roots to hold the sand together.