Sinsod 1 Million Baht

ArranP

Sin Sod is to be negotiated on, instead you apparently felt the need to insult her mother with an offer of 20 baht. No wonder your relation broke up.

You could have explained that in your culture sin sod is not done and you are not comfortable with it and start from there.

>Need to know more information.

Roi Et is a very poor area. If the mother is a rice-farmer, then the 1 million baht + 10 baht of gold is an insult.

What does your gf work as? What's her education? This is important.

I've even heard of guys being asked for 500,000 baht when the girl in question is divorced, 35 years old with kids! This is a blatant insult and the reply offer of 20 baht is not less insu

lting.

she runs a small resort of 4 bungalows in koh lanta, her education she left school early to take care of her sisters children, however she is now studying law, she is 34 with no children, I am 41 with 2 children. Her ex-boyfriend is 76 he funded the resort. Mother is a rice farmer.

This says it all run like hell and do not look backcheesy.gif

This definitely says it all - don't run, get on a plane or jet boat full throttle.

• Replies 280
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

hi all,

i never gave sin sod,

i did build a small house for them at a cost of about 1,200 pounds,

and as for giving the family money, i said to my wife how much does your mama and papa give to mamas mama and papa, to be told nothing,!

so i said well im not giving them money,if they dont give i dont see why i have to give, and its never been mentioned again,

i think these things have to be talked about when you first meet, what would they expect from you, save a lot of ill feeling later on,

i get on very very well with my mother in law,

father in law, lazy, never met a man so lazy, but im told he is getting better, my mother in law yacks at him now and makes him do stuff,

she tells him jake goes to work for months at a time why cant you?lol,

but each to there own

jake

I was just in Bangkok for my gf's brother's wedding.

He is an Isaan rice farmer moved to BKK and sells fruit.

She is from BKK and is an accountant.

They have 2 kids but he had to save his ass off for years before they could get married as sinsot was 200,000 and 2 baht gold. She got the gold but the parents kept the money.

I was just in Bangkok for my gf's brother's wedding. He is an Isaan rice farmer moved to BKK and sells fruit.She is from BKK and is an accountant. They have 2 kids but he had to save his ass off for years before they could get married as sinsot was 200,000 and 2 baht gold. She got the gold but the parents kept the money.

True love exists !!

Grandparents happy, everybody happy !

• Like 1

this idea of paying more sin sod if the girl has a education or is pretty and not divorced does not sit well with me. it makes it look like you really are buying the person and not paying for the tradition.

its like going to a cattle market or horse fair and been told that the horse on the right can run faster than the one on the left so you have to pay more for the one on the right.

i am married but when we have our ceremony if i give sin sod it will be for show and returned after.i will give the parents a small give but it won't be called sin sod. it will be a present

it would be the same if i was marrying chompoo arayawhistling.gif

this idea of paying more sin sod if the girl has a education or is pretty and not divorced does not sit well with me. it makes it look like you really are buying the person and not paying for the tradition.

its like going to a cattle market or horse fair and been told that the horse on the right can run faster than the one on the left so you have to pay more for the one on the right.

i am married but when we have our ceremony if i give sin sod it will be for show and returned after.i will give the parents a small give but it won't be called sin sod. it will be a present

To be honest I had to google chompoo araya. In any event, with your stance on sin sot I doubt she will be accepting your marriage proposal. :)

To be honest I had to google chompoo araya. In any event, with your stance on sin sot I doubt she will be accepting your marriage proposal.

your lucky then,you obviously don't have to watch thai drama shows555. she is a beauty though

its not a have a harsh stance on sin sod. if people want to pay it thats up to them,its just the idea of parents making you pay more as they think there kid is better than most others,

i won't pay sin sod because i have helped out in the past,in small ways. the mother in law understands this and is not a money grabber.

each to there own i say

• 1 month later...

It would be interesting to know how much the last guy got fleeced for? Obviously we all can't buy them a resort!

he paid 800,000 baht for sinsod.

Sinsod is paid once! So the fact that your "GF" and her mother is trying to play that card again, talkes very loud about, that she is not a keeper. They would never try that trick with a Thai, who knows the system!whistling.gif

So even the 20 baht is too much for "damaged goods". (with the ex being 76, she might not be that damaged!).

So Mr Arran, wake up. As your "GF" is already siding with her family to fleece you, imagine what it is going to be like in the future! w00t.gif

Are you sure about the "only paid once thing" being Thai culture? I have heard of many women going for sinsod 3 and 4 times and getting it!!

Quite a legitimate question (and one that I'm VERY interested in finding out about. So I entered "Thai sin sod calculator" into my old friend Google and presto - here's an interesting website about how many times the virginity of the family cash cow can be sold for - http://www.thaiembassy.com/thailand/thai-dowry.php

To be honest I had to google chompoo araya. In any event, with your stance on sin sot I doubt she will be accepting your marriage proposal. smile.png

Here's how it works guys, the action starts around 3 1/2 minutes in but best if you watch from beginning http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pfahoLfrddU

Try to imagine they are Thai and the groom is a farang. Enjoy.

If it's just for show, then showing money at the wedding is no big deal. But there's no reason for the family to keep it any more than a foreign man or woman's family expect to get a purse of cash in exchange for their daughter/son.

If people want to make a 'donation', then fair enough. But it really isn't necessary, and shows a lack of understanding by the Thai family on their part, and that they don't understand the long term aims of the relationship which is after all bi-cultural and not exclusively Thai.

Anyway, there are other people to marry out there, and plenty who are willing to marry without a sodding sin payment.

• Like 2

I have never been asked to pay sin sod and have never paid it.

As my wife was a divorced mother with two children.

I have taken very good care of all three of them.

I noticed some of the Thai men in the family,

still pay it for a divorced or widowed Thai wife,

It has never been an issue with my wife.and myself.

Cheers:smile.png

Cheers:smile.png

I think 'pay it' probably the wrong word. They might put it up for show but get it back immediately after the wedding.

Frankly, the divorced women who milk farang out of money for sin sod are scammers.

• Like 1

You might want to go to India to find a bride. There the family of the bride pays for the husband. some how Thailand got it turned around from their neighbors. Sin Sot and a second and third hand bride is about as useless as a third hand car. If they have children they should be paying you to take the load. BLOODY AMAZING AND CRAZY!

• Like 1

You might want to go to India to find a bride. There the family of the bride pays for the husband. some how Thailand got it turned around from their neighbors. Sin Sot and a second and third hand bride is about as useless as a third hand car. If they have children they should be paying you to take the load. BLOODY AMAZING AND CRAZY!

...yeah...and plenty of 'amazing' farangs who are prepared to pay it.
And plenty of scam 'love' dating sites that make full use of the 'newcomer' or 'guy abroad' who doesn't know about reality here. I know 2 guys who run such websites and THEY get half of the sinsod.
  • Like 1

I kmow a lad marries a foreigner every year. Traditional village wedding. She lives in Europe and brings them "home" to marry. Both she and all her family always look very sad all the time!

Sent from my GT-I9300 using Thaivisa Connect Thailand mobile app

And plenty of scam 'love' dating sites that make full use of the 'newcomer' or 'guy abroad' who doesn't know about reality here. I know 2 guys who run such websites and THEY get half of the sinsod.

Interesting. whistling.gif Not heard that one before but will believe it. smile.png

What websites ...just checking if you really know me tongue.png

• 9 months later...

A Canadian guy paid 100 million bath sinsod to his Roi Et girlfriend last year (madness if you ask me) Rumors is that everybody in her village have new houses and drive Mercedes Benz clap2.gif

If you not believe: http://www.thaivisa.com/forum/topic/643974-canadian-man-weds-roi-et-woman-offers-dowry-worth-bt100-million/

Edited by bander

<script type='text/javascript'>window.mod_pagespeed_start = Number(new Date());</script>

Cheers:smile.png.pagespeed.ce.CwSpBGGvqN.png

I think 'pay it' probably the wrong word. They might put it up for show but get it back immediately after the wedding.
Frankly, the divorced women who milk farang out of money for sin sod are scammers.

Wow, I didn't see any of the sin sod money I paid in the wedding, guess it's to late to ask for refund now 10 years later? smile.png

<script type='text/javascript'>window.mod_pagespeed_start = Number(new Date());</script>

Cheers:smile.png.pagespeed.ce.CwSpBGGvqN.png

Wow, I didn't see any of the sin sod money I paid in the wedding, guess it's to late to ask for refund now 10 years later? smile.png

If they scammed you for that, I'm sure they have done some more recent one too.

After have been reading 6 pages of the topic, I feel sick for the words you guys use to call Thai girls like me. Those; used goods, damaged goods, second hand car... etc. just show your low attitude toward women.

Why you bother dating Thai ladies at all?

one day, when your daughters would be called the same and treated the same as you treated your Thai ladies, I won't be surprise... One day your daughters would be damaged goods for some guys to laugh at behind her back.

what goes round, comes round. Always.

P.s. I never marry, just dating a western man.

• Like 1

After have been reading 6 pages of the topic, I feel sick for the words you guys use to call Thai girls like me. Those; used goods, damaged goods, second hand car... etc. just show your low attitude toward women.

one day, when your daughters would be called the same and treated the same as you treated your Thai ladies, I won't be surprise... One day your daughters would be damaged goods for some guys to laugh at behind her back.

Why do you just date western men..?

I mean >>> never marry, only dating. Clear?

Pay 600K, use 400K for a marriage visa, then tell the family you will retire early and live in the resort...free food and board for the rest of your life burp.gif.pagespeed.ce.RBpw6FUyRR.gif

I paid 100K, in similar circumstances to yours (western educated wife over 20), all money was returned (to pay for the wedding). He family are far from rich. I returned to gold bars to her brothers, from whom I borrowed:) 1 million is normal for hi-so Bangkok families with a young, educated and beautiful daughter. Divorced women can command nothing. Those over 30 command less money.

Yes, but why do you date western guys...?

Yes, but why do you date western guys...?

Because he has asked me out.