Truemove H - Unlimited Wifi! 107B P/m! Fantastic.

pilm

Bought a Samsung Gal. Tab, the internet in my house is from a LAN cable though. I wanted some sort of wireless for the tablet.

The Truemove Wifi signal is 3 out of 4 bars in my house in BKK,

Just look at where's covered.

http://www.truemove.com/3g/en/wifi_area_bkk.html

So go to the 7-11, buy a truemove-H simcard for around 50b. Put it into your phone and top up with at least 150b.

Call the help 1331, they were great with excellent English and just tell them that you want a username and password for Wifi. They'll set it up in a minute.

Then dial *871*4# and you get an SMS with your username (the phone number) and a 4 digit password. Put the simcard into your tablet and off you go.

Unlimited Wifi for 107b p/m!

It takes it out automatically every 30 days so just do a top-up at the 7-11 before the end of every month.

Fantastic service. I'm just downloading a 290mb game and after that will do a speed test.

• Like 1

Well that was a fast download. Speed test:

Ping:47ms

Download: 6530kbps

Upload: 781kbps.

Those numbers are admittedly pretty meaningless to me, but certainly fast enough for everyday peeing about. 107 baht unlimited p/m. Amazing. Well done true!

Sure, you can get unlimited broadband for less than 4 bucks a month in Asia,... I don't believe it !

You're not in the rip-off, developing world West any more mate. smile.png

Edited by pilm

Why do you have to put the SIM in your tablet to use WiFi? Just wondering.

MSPain

Cheaper and easier.

Without the sim one would have to subscribe to a True package, beginning around 300b p/m or so.

With the sim it is simple, stick it in, unlimited use for 107b p/m automatically deducted from the sim card balance.

You are aware the speed will reduce greatly at some point (very soon I expect). True does not sell unlimited 3G - there are specific limitations and after that point is reached the speed will drop. You might want to read the data on what you bought and advise what your download limit is using the "H" 3G speed.

I'm not using 3G.

I'm using the local Wifi hotspot, connected using Wifi.

Edited by pilm
  • Like 2

Without the sim one would have to subscribe to a True package, beginning around 300b p/m or so.

With the sim it is simple, stick it in, unlimited use for 107b p/m automatically deducted from the sim card balance.

Not all tablets have 3G. Reading the terms of the offer on the True site it seems as though you dont have to have a True SIM card in the device at all, or even have a SIM card in use. You just have to have a valid True SIM card somewhere.

So, for example, I should be able to use this feature with a non-3G tablet in conjunction with the True Inter-SIM that is in my phone.

Sure, you can get unlimited broadband for less than 4 bucks a month in Asia,... I don't believe it !

You're not in the rip-off, developing world West any more mate. smile.png

It matters not where I am - and the world wide web is just that.

Asia-Pacific bandwidth is fairly expensive.

Enjoy your "free" internet !!!

The only restriction I find (other that it is dated 2011) is

14. During the service period, Wi-Fi by TrueMove will be disconnected every 90 minute (session time out) for monitoring and tracking usage. If wishing to continue going online, the users are required to switch off and switch on the receiver again.

MSPain

Cheaper and easier.

True has had their 99 baht per month wifi service for a long time.

I get it as an add-on to my home's True Online cable internet service, no SIM required. Just the user ID and password to log into their wifi sites.

The only problem is, at least for me, every time I want to connect to True's wifi system with my Android device, I have to manually log in via the True Move wifi website.

At home, my Android devices have my password saved and automatically log into my home wifi router. No browser routine required.

But with True, their system only generates a log-in prompt every time asking you to open your browser and go thru their log-in routine. It's kind of a pain in the A**!

That, and seemingly about half the time, the True wifi connections my phone sees out and around town seem to be down, as in, (broadcasting but no internet connection).

With True, it's true, you get what you pay for.

Edited by TallGuyJohninBKK
  • Like 1

dtac do a similar thing if you have certain happy internet 3g packages then in areas where they have wifi it is unlimited at the moment but I think the cheapest internet package which includes this is the 3gb package which is 650 a month.

http://www.dtac.co.th/en/prepaid/products/happy-internet-package.html

But with True, their system only generates a log-in prompt every time asking you to open your browser and go thru their log-in routine. It's kind of a pain in the A**!

I think this is true for all cheap wifi only package. I had 3BB 99baht package before and it's the same deal ... browser login only.

Be very, very careful folks. My Wife bought similar from Truevision and was horrified to receive a bill for 1,800 and then 1,003 baht for a package that was meant to cost 150 baht per month. She queried this with the local Truevision provider who said they couldn't explain it (my Wife is Thai!) but she had to pay the bills. The Truevision person who owns the franchise got so much hassle over problems with these packages and was even threatened with a gun(!!), so moved premises. Hopefully they have sorted out this problem and with luck your package will not have any unpleasant surprises at the end of the month.blink.png

With True's 99 baht wifi package, assuming you actually buy it from True as opposed to some third party re-seller, it's a fixed monthly cost.

There are no usage charges associated with the wifi service.

Though I assume, if someone was really using it too much (which given the service is kind of hard to do), True might cancel or try to further throttle the account.

Well that was a fast download. Speed test:

Ping:47ms

Download: 6530kbps

Upload: 781kbps.

Those numbers are admittedly pretty meaningless to me, but certainly fast enough for everyday peeing about. 107 baht unlimited p/m. Amazing. Well done true!

The speed all depends which server you use to do a speed test with. If you take any server in Thailand it would be about the same, but if you mostly upload and download data from international servers, then the numbers will go down rapidly, as TRUE, just like any other provider, has to pay for their bandwidths on international lines. Just try to watch a live transmission of a sport event i.e. using sopcast, or watch a live movie on your webbrowser on archive.org. Then you practically can see, how slow the download really is.

• Like 1

Bought a Samsung Gal. Tab, the internet in my house is from a LAN cable though. I wanted some sort of wireless for the tablet.

if you internet is from a lan cable, why dont you just buy an Wireless Access point and connect the cable to the access point internet port? you will have wireless in your home. it would cost you less than 1,000 baht.

Also, note that if you have True ADSL at home, you elegible for free TrueWifi, depending on the package.

For example, the 590Baht "10Mbps" packages gives me 30 hours of trueWifi.

but larger packages will give you unlimited trueWifi.

you can retrieve your truewifi username and password from website, but you will need house phone number and ID/Passport number of the owner of the line.

Also. the DTAC and AIS wifi are much better, they use the 5GHz radio spectrum. I used to get excellent speeds and reliability.

3BB and Truewifi are ok most of the time, but hard to connect because they are on the over crowded 2.4 Ghz radio bands.

MSPain

Cheaper and easier.

True has had their 99 baht per month wifi service for a long time.

I get it as an add-on to my home's True Online cable internet service, no SIM required. Just the user ID and password to log into their wifi sites.

The only problem is, at least for me, every time I want to connect to True's wifi system with my Android device, I have to manually log in via the True Move wifi website.

At home, my Android devices have my password saved and automatically log into my home wifi router. No browser routine required.

That, and seemingly about half the time, the True wifi connections my phone sees out and around town seem to be down, as in, (broadcasting but no internet connection).

With True, it's true, you get what you pay for.

Unless you live upcountry away from a large population. Then True cannot even pro IDE a reliable EDGE connection. You through their help desk will give you nothing but hug blood pressure.