Former Pa. Senator Rick Santorum Hospitalized Due To Illness

News_Editor

<p>COLUMBIA, SOUTH CAROLINA (BNO NEWS) -- Former Pennsylvania Senator Rick Santorum, who lost the race last year to become the Republican Party's presidential candidate, has been hospitalized in South Carolina after falling ill while traveling, forcing him to cancel scheduled events, his office said on Sunday.

</p>

<p>Virginia Davis, the former senator's spokesman, said Santorum became ill while traveling on Saturday and was hospitalized at an undisclosed hospital in South Carolina. It is believed he is suffering from a gastrointestinal illness and dehydration, but his condition is not believed to be serious.

</p>

<p>"He is feeling better today but remains in the hospital and is unable to travel to Iowa on Monday, April 15 for previously scheduled events," Davis said, referring to two events which had been scheduled for Monday. "He is expected to resume a full schedule later this week and looks forward to returning to Iowa soon."

</p>

<p>Santorum had been expected to attend a lunch with the John Paul II Medical Research Institute in Des Moines on Monday afternoon. He would have then traveled to Urbandale where he was to deliver a keynote address at the 13th Annual Spring Kick Off of the Iowa Faith & Freedom Coalition.

</p>

<p>The events were part of Patriot Voices, a non-profit organization that Santorum launched last year with a mission to mobilize conservatives who seek to promote faith, family, freedom and opportunity. Santorum suspended his presidential campaign in April 2012 after it became clear that opponent Mitt Romney would become the Republican Party's presidential candidate.

</p> <p> (Copyright 2013 by BNO News B.V. All rights reserved. Info: [email protected].) </p>

Santorum (google it) is considered to be a top front runner for the nomination for republican candidate for U.S. president in 2016 because he was the last one standing against their now forgotten candidate in 2012. Personally I wish him good health as a human being however flawed he is, but I also wish that his extremist right wing politics of hate and his political future dies ASAP.

Edited by Jingthing
  • Like 1

He already spends the bulk of his income on medical care for his special-needs child.

You would expect someone in such a situation to understand just how crucial affordable health care is, but no, not for that cement head. My sympathies for the kid who depends on his dad's income for survival. Otherwise, as for Rick himself, I have nothing good to say, and it would be a great irony if he died of negligent/poor quality medical treatment. If this sounds cruel, and you are not familiar with this guy, look through some of the public statements he's made over the years.

Umm. much of the health care for the kid is picked up under the family coverage which is generous under the Congressional health plan.

Umm. much of the health care for the kid is picked up under the family coverage which is generous under the Congressional health plan.

It was mentioned several times during the recent primaries that his personal finances were dismal due to caring for the kid.

I would register as a Republican just for the sake of helping a wing-nut like this win the primaries, knowing that he could never carry a general election.