About The Other Wife Or 2Nd Wife They Call It Some Times

WilliamCave

In your opinion a good time to broach this subject would be when?

• On meeting you partner for the first time,
  • After moving in together with the family,
  • After building your first home together
  • During negitiations for the amout paid as a sin sot prior to marriage.
Idealistically maybe the right thing to do but i don't remember anyone saying in the village they and their husband had discussions prior to marriage and agreed he could bang anything that moved so it's OK.
-

Perhaps you misunderstood, it was not my intention to claim that my polyamory strategies have anything to do with traditional Thai culture, other than perhaps taking advantage of the fact that the skids are pre-greased by the traditional cultural conditioning.

To answer your question if it was sincere: certainly before she starts sleeping over with any regularity.

Moving in together with what family?

I have no interest in ever owning a home, but I've built and bought them as gifts, with them knowing I'll never live in them.

Obviously such topics are not discussed with her elders, none of their business.

but you cannot pay your rent ?

• Replies 67
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I had a girlfreind for 4 years and was very happy. We are no longer together, because of this unusaul practice.

I found out she had another 2 men on the go.

When I confronted her she said.

"Darling this is Thailand"

I have since found out she is right, it is perfectly acceptable here.

No it's not. Many Thais would frown on a lady who has several men on the go - bar girl mentality. Being the mia noi of some poo yai is different - but again people will sneer behind her back. Of course, it's ok for a man to shag arround, mia noi, giks, whores - that's almost expected.

My wife made it very clear to me what would happen if I took a mia noi. To avoid any language issues she demonstated with a cucumber and large knife. However, I'm sure she suspects the odd daliance with a professional lady whilst travelling or visit into central Bangkok. That's ok though as long as doesn't affect her money suppy and propensity for spending, is kept very discreet and no STDs.

Thai ladies are very jeleaous too. One of my daughter's friend's Mum is hot and friendly. When she come to the house my wife makes a point of being overly affectionate. All aimed at warning her off in a very unsubtle way. This is all part of different cultures and ways of thinking and adds to the richness of marrying someone from a different culture,

Edited by Baerboxer

Please correct me if I'm wrong but the Mormons (Church of Jesus Christ of Latter Day Saints) allow and practice polygny in the United States.

You are wrong.The Mormon Church abandoned the practice of polygamy around 1890.

And Muslim men must get the prior agreement of their wife before taking additional wives.

If you're dealing with women who aren't already willing to go along with the idea:"The one who has two wives loses his soul, the one who has two houses loses his mind."-- Eric Rohmer, "Les Nuits de la pleine lune" (1964)The trick is to know that this is what you want while you have no attachments, and make it clear to any potential teeraks from the beginning that such an arrangement is part of the deal.It's important to have explicit and mutually agreed guidelines in place for what the boundaries are, who gets to know what at what level of detail, the fact that advance commitments of time, money energy and affection will be adhered to despite the comings and goings of other partners and so on.In my experience the two models that work well are one main "mia luang" who is the primary long-term rock, while the others are expendable temporary arrangements, or all members of the group are equally the latter, trying not to give preferential treatment to anyone.Most people don't find it worth the trouble, only those who hold sexual pleasure as pretty much the top priority in life. And it isn't any easier to arrange here than back in farangland if you are trying to establish meaningful relationships as well, pretty much have to keep it on a P2P basis, which for most means dealing with pretty dodgy characters.Obviously what's good for the goose is good for the gander, and the #1 bottom line law has to be no deception no lying all 'round.

You gotta put that in the book Funfon!

BTW, no lying or deception all round you say!....dealing with dodgy characters you say!.....rents due I say.

Edited by krisb
  • Like 2

My wife's brother has a mia luang and two mia noi. He has children (seven in total) with each of them and they all live under the same roof. There's a fair amount of bitchiness between the wives but the arrangement seems to work somehow.

Whenever we're to meet up with him we take bets on which wife and which combination of kids he'll turn up with.

My wife's ok with it and gets along well with all of them - 'up to him' she says, yet if I tried it I'd be the ducks' breakfast for sure.

Who said you have to support them?

In my first marriage I was a serial philanderer, and most of them can even support me. I had one on the side that wanted to pay my ex wife half a million USD for her sign divorce and disappear. She left 2 mill Baht in my account for a year, she only wanted it back when I broke up with her.

You can have10 rentals for the Price of 2 Permanents...

I like the way you think.

No muss, no fuss, no nagging, no bitching when you stagger home from the local, no knives, feeding ducks or any of that mess. And in a country like Thailand where the social norms are, let's just say different, from the west. It's a win-win situation.

• Like 2

No woman would be willing to play second or third fiddle for any guy unless she considered that there is going to be many benefits in the relationship for her. Or in other words, she would expect to be financially supported and gain some investments.

Maybe my wife would accept a situation where I had a part time girlfriend on the go, but no way would she so understanding if this meant cutting my financial support for her and having to share with another woman.

Believe realistic, the luxury of having a minor wife or several women on the go is out of the question for the average guys, and is really a reserved as a rich man’s privilege, whether this practice is part of a culture or not.

A truly western approach to a thai situation, absolute BS but truly western. Before you rant and rave about how long you have been here, how

you have the correct visa to be called an expat or how if people do not have excessive amounts of financial support then you would not welcome them here, take a trip to a Thai village and ask around once the people get to know and trust you, you will find out everybody knows who has a "gik" or "mai noi" in the village although not so many millionairs in local villages mainly farm workers or local trades men so maybe not your cup of tea but they still have their "mai noi".

It is nice to know someone is reading and noting my posts and that I have a fan.

But I`m a little bit upset, because you failed to mentioned that my son is a policeman in Chiang Mai.

Next time please pay more attention to my comments, otherwise I`ll start thinking you don`t like me.

Didn't you post in another thread that you owe 18 months rent in Thailand? Obviously must have been during better times.

-

Yes indeed, I've had a few lifetimes' worth of ups and downs, no where to go but up ATM. . .

Didn't you post in another thread that you owe 18 months rent in Thailand? Obviously must have been during better times.

-

Yes indeed, I've had a few lifetimes' worth of ups and downs, no where to go but up ATM. . .

I have no words to describe you.

Well, I do, but I don`t want to get banned.

Edited by Beetlejuice

Mia noi or kick, any kind of extra martial relationship is all ffine until the wife comes to know abt it. I have seen people doin all this stuff with their mia luang knowing abt it, when asked they reply that their wife understands. Mine has clearly explained that she would shoot me and the mia noi. Anyways as many other members wrote, one is enuff two would double both financial and mental stress.

No woman would be willing to play second or third fiddle for any guy unless she considered that there is going to be many benefits in the relationship for her. Or in other words, she would expect to be financially supported and gain some investments.

Maybe my wife would accept a situation where I had a part time girlfriend on the go, but no way would she so understanding if this meant cutting my financial support for her and having to share with another woman.

Believe realistic, the luxury of having a minor wife or several women on the go is out of the question for the average guys, and is really a reserved as a rich man’s privilege, whether this practice is part of a culture or not.

A truly western approach to a thai situation, absolute BS but truly western. Before you rant and rave about how long you have been here, how

you have the correct visa to be called an expat or how if people do not have excessive amounts of financial support then you would not welcome them here, take a trip to a Thai village and ask around once the people get to know and trust you, you will find out everybody knows who has a "gik" or "mai noi" in the village although not so many millionairs in local villages mainly farm workers or local trades men so maybe not your cup of tea but they still have their "mai noi".

It is nice to know someone is reading and noting my posts and that I have a fan.

But I`m a little bit upset, because you failed to mentioned that my son is a policeman in Chiang Mai.

Next time please pay more attention to my comments, otherwise I`ll start thinking you don`t like me.

I neither suggested i was a fan nor a critic, i simply

pointed to the few comments i had noticed of yours over the last couple of days,

whilst being songkran i have found myself reading a few extra topics on TV as

opposed to going outside so be doused with a bucket of suspicious looking

water. As for your son being a policeman in Chiang Mai, this would have been no

relevance to the other demeaning comments you make about the worth of others,

so no need to mention it if i had known.

I tried it, but didnt work well and had to chose, i made wrong choice

When you get to the point that you must choose, the only alternative you have is made of 2 bad choices.

Better to terminate both in that case.

-Yes indeed, I've had a few lifetimes' worth of ups and downs, no where to go but up ATM. . .

If you're going to the ATM draw out the money to pay your landlady.

Sounds like more headaches than it's worth to me and more cash!!!

Better just with a quick 'jump' should one feel like it, pay the money for services rendered and then leave - job done!

I look at it as paying her to leave. The services part is just for fun. Ha!

Really, they are my cup of tea. Just that I`ve never been able to find any mai nois who didn`t want me without my money.

I never realised that working on a farm would make me more desirable to women. Perhaps I`ll give it a try.

Fundemantalists Mormons still practice bigamy in the US, However, it is illegal. Utah banned it because their "Prophet" something like their Pope, banned it after he had a dream telling him God said it was not approved any longer. That was a good thing for Utah (the stae settled by Mormons) because the US congress refused to admit Utah to staehood until they abolished bigamy. If you are interested in the Mormon religion you might download the series "Big Love". I don't know if the Mormons approve of the TV series, but it covers a group of Mormon fudemaentalists who hold to the "Principle" meaning bigamy. There are many Mormon bigamists in the western US, but they are breaking US law.

Really, they are my cup of tea. Just that I`ve never been able to find any mai nois who didn`t want me without my money.

I never realised that working on a farm would make me more desirable to women. Perhaps I`ll give it a try.

Looks, appearence and personality possibly also come into play which would possibly account for the reason money in a big issue for ladies with you.........your words not mine.

Don't forget your work permit before you goto work on the farm though.......

Pretty much the same experience as you. Maybe partly explained by Thailand valueing males more than women. How else do you explain so many women putting up with it? I can't.

Don't forget that if the Thai husband has a Mia Noi his wife will likey have a Gik. If the husband is a farang the wife will likely have a Gik whether he has a mia noi or not.

You see a lot of RESORTS in the Countryside of TH, Isaan and so on.

Often no big Highway around! Nothing there to see, nothing in the RESORT, except small huts and a BED!

many 24 hours open! thumbsup.gif

Conclusion, is ..... tongue.png

Even my GF "did it" in some of the Resorts around with her Thai policeman, when I was not in the Village! blink.png

Who said you have to support them?

In my first marriage I was a serial philanderer, and most of them can even support me. I had one on the side that wanted to pay my ex wife half a million USD for her sign divorce and disappear. She left 2 mill Baht in my account for a year, she only wanted it back when I broke up with her.

Show your photo from these "Glory Days" wink.png

Or / and you have some other "Special Qualities" tongue.png

So you should be an "Insider."

Does he have more "Mias"? GIKS? Many (young) Policemen have.

As we say, "The magic of the Montur (uniform)." wink.png

-

I have no words to describe you.

Well, I do, but I don`t want to get banned.

Not so harsh! Keep your "indignation" for real worth cases. tongue.png

First, you should know the whole life story in detail before you judge.

Second, to owe rent to a wealthy landlord, as it was stated, is a kind of peccadillo and no "mortal sin."

Third, I know what I am writing about, regarding drastic changed life circumstances.blink.png