Chiang Mai And Chang Rai What's The Right Price?

Hi guys...I am thinking to move to Chiang Mai or Chiang Rai but I am never been there so I was wondering how much cost a long term rent for a house or appatment ? where should I looking for? I don't need a big place and i am pretty good even if the place is a litle bit out of the city... some advice? Tks

We would need more information to help you. How many people, would you need airconditioning, do you wnat to cook...or heat up meals and just have a microwave fridge.

If you are in Chiangmai a condo will almost certainly be better and cheaper if you are on your own.

Only real way is to come. Stay a while and look from here.

As it is your question is a bit like "How long is a piece of string?"

• Like 1

Will cost 2,000 baht a month up to 50,000 baht or more per month. Depends on what you want. Only way you can know is to take a look at a few places.

Why are you thinking of living somewhere you've never been to? You might not like either place. I suggest you take a look before deciding.

Edited by davejones
  • Like 2

As others have said, depends what you want. I live 15 minutes outside of Chiang Mai city center and pay 22,000 Baht for a detached two story villa with 3 bedrooms and 3 baths. I have friends who pay 1/2 that and live in apartments in city center.

Chiang Rai a small two bed house, lounge, kitchen small garden (unfurnished) 4-7,000 dependent on area - Chiang Mai same type of thing 6 - 10,000 (unfurnished. Apart from that a lot more information would be needed or change the question to how long is a piece of string

Thanks guys....well somewhere you need to live thumbsup.gif as i don't need to live near the sea or in a crowded place i was thinking about North of Thailand, why not? rolleyes.gif Somebody told me ....weather is cooler, people friendly, life cheap and quiet, isn't it? wacko.png

Brian you understood what I am looking for, a small house one bedroom,kitchen bathroom maybe a dining room and small garden but even a flat would be ok, unfurnished as well I have some pieces here....I dont need a big space as I don't have a maid so I need to do things by my own... I would like to know a range price and where i need to search what i am looking for....realtor? owners?

Google "perfect homes Chiang Mai" they have helped us very well.

Their website has many of everybudhet going. Except for the super cheap student type rooms with no dfacility which You said they don't like to see a higher value property than residence. So maybe this can be a way around it?

you need to drive around to look for yourself.

If you are prepared to live 10Km out of CM, 5k for a two bed house with small garden.

Shop-houses can be had for 7k for a two bed in Jet Yot area.

Smaller 3 room shop-houses can be had for 3k.

Mostly 1 year rental agreements.

Just to add

If you find the home through a website or an agent double the rental prices I previously posted.

Thanks guys....well somewhere you need to live thumbsup.gif as i don't need to live near the sea or in a crowded place i was thinking about North of Thailand, why not? rolleyes.gif Somebody told me ....weather is cooler, people friendly, life cheap and quiet, isn't it? wacko.png

Brian you understood what I am looking for, a small house one bedroom,kitchen bathroom maybe a dining room and small garden but even a flat would be ok, unfurnished as well I have some pieces here....I dont need a big space as I don't have a maid so I need to do things by my own... I would like to know a range price and where i need to search what i am looking for....realtor? owners?

Most places are two bedroom but a few one bed exist (I know of a few at about 3,500) Your best bet (cheapest and easiest) in Chiang Rai is to get a friend/motorcycle messenger to ride you around an area that you like the look of, most property's for rent/sale will have a sign and telephone number on them - phone the owner and do a deal!

I don't know of any agencies here. Chiang Mai does however have agencies but, they usually deal with more expensive properties. Would recommend you do the same thing there

Edited by BrianCR